• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] RMXP Passage Problem - player can walk through everything

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2016
    Hey there,

I have a little problem. I've loaded a new outside tileset into my RPG Maker.
    Set the passage, terrain tags and priority. But my character walks through
    everything. Trees, Houses and water. But not through the bushes...
    even though i set the passage. What did I do wrong?

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Check your other layers aren't made up of passable tiles.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • I had this issue also, basically what I did was that when I wanted to erase tiles I would just use a random transparent white tile from my tileset. The way I fixed this was by going over each of my unused tiles with the white tile at the top-left of the tileset, as that tile (and only that tile) actually erases tiles.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I had this issue also, basically what I did was that when I wanted to erase tiles I would just use a random transparent white tile from my tileset. The way I fixed this was by going over each of my unused tiles with the white tile at the top-left of the tileset, as that tile (and only that tile) actually erases tiles.
    This is precisely why all the tilesets that come with Essentials has something drawn in all the unused tiles - so you won't be tempted to use them instead of the true blank one. It's worth doing this to your own tilesets too - it'll save so much time and frustration later on.

Back