• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pok?mon Pastures

linden

"The 'Robin Hood' Pokémon"
Years
  • Pokémon Pastures

green-logo.png

Introduction

Pokémon Pastures is a fan game being developed by myself using Pokémon Essentials (v15.1) with RPG Maker XP. Development started in October 2015.
    I decided to start a project of my own after playing and enjoying Pokémon Reborn (Episode 15). I love the story-driven nature of Reborn, and the unique city-based plot of the early game. In the past (around 2010) I tried making a hack game, but found too constraining.

Plot

You are a child living with your brother in the large, rural Inaka Region*. You've been attending the primary/elementary school in the nearby Shell Village, learning all about Pokémon, and today is the day of your final exam - and your very first Pokémon battle!
    Your adventure will take you on a journey from the low-lying fields and meadows in the east, to the hills and forests in the west.
    (* name subject to change)

Planned Features

• New region with a wide range of temperate terrains and farmland.
    • Player-driven storyline, where your choices affect later events in the game.
    • Lots of optional 'side-quests' for more game time.
    • Unique Regional Pokédex of official Pokémon, as well as the full Gen V National Dex (649 Pokémon).
    • Numerous recurring 'rivals', as well as the almost obligatory evil Team.
    • 8 Gym bages and a twist on the traditional Pokémon League/Elite Four.
    • Running shoes from the beginning of the game!
    Progress Report

Demo (P1.0)
    ########## | Mapping (100%)
    ########## | Gameplay (100%)
    ########## | Graphics (100%)
    ########## | Music (0%)

Screenshots

collage.png

Credits

• Pokémon and game mechanics belong to Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK.
    • Pokémon Essentials
      • Maruno (2011-14), Peter O. (2007-10), Flameguru.
    • Flooded River Pokémon overworld based on overworld sprite by Kyledove.
    • Large forest trees, forest bushes & rocks based on tileset by FedePoke.
    • Pokémon overworlds ripped by Dragoon.
    • How To Make A Pokemon Game Tutorial Series by Atomic Reactor.
    • Additional artwork and content by Linden.

Last edited:

linden

Years
  • I've finally got around to drafting the map of the region (some of you may be able to spot where the inspiration comes from). I'm nearly ready to release the demo version, once I've got some adjoining maps created and connected up.

map-pastures.png

Juliandroid98

The night hunter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Just looking at the region map itself makes me excited for this project.
    It seems like you'll have a lot of content.

linden

Years
  • Beedril 'queen' with a dunce cap.

10/10 will play once released.
    Haha thanks! It's supposed to be a regal little crown, but I can definitely see why you'd think it was a dunce cap!

Can't wait to try this game out!

Just looking at the region map itself makes me excited for this project.
    It seems like you'll have a lot of content.

Thank you!

The content for the demo will be limited to the red area on the map below. The demo has 1 gym battle, 4 quests, and 3 Pokémon boss battles, as well as a whole load of NPC interactions and wild Pokémon.

map-demo.png

While content is pretty limited to begin with, the region map gives the game a lot of room to expand (and I have lots of ideas for the main plotline!)

Back