• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Card Collection

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Hi, I have a pokemon card collection from a while ago, i wanted to share it and would like someone to give me a rough value and if its going to rise in the future and if so, by how much roughly

All my cards are in mint/ near mint condition. Only a couple are 1st ed

- Complete base set
    - Complete Jungle set
    - Complete Fossil set
    - The original 151 in order including cards from the base, jungle and fossil set. I have shinys where possibile too. I also have the mew promo card and also the ancient mew promo card.

If enough people want i can post pictures because it does look really cool, especially in my leather binder. Thanks everyone

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2016
    What cards are in 1st edition? Can have a rather large impact on value with certain cards, a few pictures would be nice too like if you have any shadowless cards etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Complete base sets typically go for anywhere between £60 and £100 depending on condition. Maybe £20 more if they're in a nice folder.

The Jungle and Fossil sets go for between £40 and £70 each (again, depending on condition and folder) from what i've seen.

If you have some 1st edition cards from the base set (excluding Machamp) then that could add a lot of value. For the Jungle and Fossil sets, not so much.

As for how much the value of these sets will increase in the future, that's very hard to predict. Right now, the generation that played and collected the first era Pokemon cards as children are now in their 20s. Many will have found good jobs with a decent amount of disposable income and will be tempted to buy a piece of their childhood back. In 10-20 years time, it might be that they have more bills to pay and families to feed and will be more interested in selling their childhood collections rather than adding to them. At that point, only the hardcore collectors will remain, and I would imagine, only the super rare items (sealed booster boxes, etc) will continue to consistently rise in value by any significant amount.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    thanks guys, theres litrally only 2 or 3 first ed. one is a vileplume and im not sure about the other 2. i only bought them first ed if the unlimited was out of stock and the first ed was the same price so it wouldnt impact the overal price of the collection at all really. no shadowless too

Years
  • thanks guys, theres litrally only 2 or 3 first ed. one is a vileplume and im not sure about the other 2. i only bought them first ed if the unlimited was out of stock and the first ed was the same price so it wouldnt impact the overal price of the collection at all really. no shadowless too

1st Edition, as as rule, is worth more than their unlimited run counter parts. And since a few are first edition while the rest are unlimited, they don't technically count as complete sets.

You could either sell off the 1st edition cards and then replace them with their cheaper unlimited counterparts properly get complete sets and also get a bit of cash back in your pocket, or you can just keep the first editions and properly complete the sets by getting the unlimited prints.

Depreciation/appreciation in value is definitely hard to predict. The first couple waves of people rushing to complete the original sets have already passed us by, though there may be another few waves in the future, just hard to predict when. They will likely not rapidly grow in value, but they're likely to grow at least a tiny bit over time.

Also, just a reminder to everyone that we do not permit buying or selling on this site.

Back