• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Online game keeps crashing

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    OKay, my online pokemon card game continuously crashes each and every time I try to open it, always where you see the male and female illustrations and it never completely loads and then part of the logo becomes French o.O, it sits there until it inevitably crashes.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, I tried repairing and nothing has worked.

I have no idea what to do. It works just fine on my husband's computer and we run almost all the same stuff, so I am very confused.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    I am running 8.1

I am not sure what you mean by hardware specs? Can you tell me where I'd look for that?

Yes, I have uninstalled, reinstalled and even repaired, many times over and over again. It's never gotten me anywhere.

I attached a screenshot to show where the game always stop and inevitably crashes, no matter what I try.

Years
  • You'd find the hardware spec info in the System Properties window, which can be reached by right-clicking on "Computer" on the Start screen and selecting "Properties".

EDIT: Also, have you rebooted during the process?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    I took a screenshot of what I think you might mean. I'm really sorry if I am frustrating, I have Asperger Autism and this is all really difficult for me to comprehend, I really am trying though.

Please tell me if I got the wrong information for you.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    Multiple times, I've lost count of the exact number after the numerous restarts I've done.

Years
  • Try installing it, but rather than opening it right away, right click on the icon for the program, select "Properties", switch over to the Compatibility tab, and check the "Run this Program in Compatibility mode for:" box, and select Windows 7 from the drop-down, then click "Ok" at the bottom.

Then try running the program.

No guarantee it will work, but it's worth a shot.

The program can be a huge pain to get working again if it screws up during startup even once.

Back