• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I find that quite distasteful and offensive!

Sirfetch’d

I looked and didn't see this thread so I really hope I don't make a dupe again!

Anyways let's talk a bit about a things that you find offensive and just a turnoff in general. This can be anything from types of humor that offend you, disrespect towards a certain group of people(ex: the elderly), laziness, theft, smoking, etc. So let's start off with what offends you the most?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Two things piss me off: any shot, humorous or not, about my family and close friends. And any comment that makes women seem inferior in anyway to men, or anything against women in general, especially rape jokes. I was discussing my presentation on female orgasm to my friends, and one of them jokingly said "that matters?" Boy did I rip him a new one.

Sirfetch’d

Two things piss me off: any shot, humorous or not, about my family and close friends. And any comment that makes women seem inferior in anyway to men, or anything against women in general, especially rape jokes. I was discussing my presentation on female orgasm to my friends, and one of them jokingly said "that matters?" Boy did I rip him a new one.

I had a really close friend in high school who attempted suicide because her boyfriend belittled her because he felt men were superior. He ordered her around and she felt trapped in the relationship and didn't know what to do. She eventually got so tired of it that she tried to kill herself by overdose. Disrespect towards the other gender by someone has always bothered me, but after this it definitely irks me to even think about it. If I ever see anything like this happening I make sure to butt in and give my thoughts even if I have no idea who the people are it concerns.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I had a really close friend in high school who attempted suicide because her boyfriend belittled her because he felt men were superior. He ordered her around and she felt trapped in the relationship and didn't know what to do. She eventually got so tired of it that she tried to kill herself by overdose. Disrespect towards the other gender by someone has always bothered me, but after this it definitely irks me to even think about it. If I ever see anything like this happening I make sure to butt in and give my thoughts even if I have no idea who the people are it concerns.
    Good on you, Chase. And I really hope that dude gets castrated one day.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I think a lot of bad things like that are really overstepped bounds. I'm for being in charge of a relationship whether you're a man or woman or what, but you have to be respectful and giving in doing so. When people want to be in control and have no intellect to back their power, you're pretty much gonna have a bad time.

Something I was talking about with a friend over Skype voice the other day while we were fixing up our Minecraft server relates to debates, and boy does it drive me up a wall. Say you have someone, and they get in a debate and lose to someone with superior thinking skills and a superior argument. Out of frustration for losing and out of their own lack of intellect, they change the rules in which they conduct debates so they can win argumentatively without having the superior case. That thing blows my mind. Not to mention it's like a super repel from anyone intelligent wanting to debate them at all.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Don't get me wrong on this, I appreciate all sorts of humour, but one kind of joke that I really can't find funny (and I actually find distasteful) are religion jokes. Whether it be about Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, or whatever. It's more than a race/culture joke/stereotype like "Hey you! Don't steal my car!" to an African American or "What happens if I press that button on you head?" to an Indian. Jokes that revolve around religious figures such as gods, prophets, religious events, etc. are simply distasteful becuase they are a way of life to the people that believe in them.

It's completely fine to have another belief, or none at all if that's you, but it doesn't mean you should belittle other people's.

[/rant]

wow I don't usually write like this

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Don't get me wrong on this, I appreciate all sorts of humour, but one kind of joke that I really can't find funny (and I actually find distasteful) are religion jokes. Whether it be about Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, or whatever. It's more than a race/culture joke/stereotype like "Hey you! Don't steal my car!" to an African American or "What happens if I press that button on you head?" to an Indian. Jokes that revolve around religious figures such as gods, prophets, religious events, etc. are simply distasteful becuase they are a way of life to the people that believe in them.

It's completely fine to have another belief, or none at all if that's you, but it doesn't mean you should belittle other people's.

[/rant]

Maybe my writing style is rubbing off on people

Honest

Hi!
    Years

[/rant]

Oh, that's another one, albeit not as severe as the ones I listed earlier. Like, the group that I was a part of in college always made Jew jokes, and even though half of them were Jewish, I just didn't find it amusing whatsoever.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The only thing that gets my panties in a bunch is when people say something that rubs me the wrong way about my mother. So, in connection, anything that rubs me the wrong way about death as well.

I am a very, very open minded and considerate person at heart. I'm very laid back and go with the flow, and very hard to offend. That way above is literally the only way I could possibly be offended.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I hate it when people use humor to bully people. I never found the kind of jokes that are funny only at another person's expense to be humorous. It's a form of bullying, and I'll shut it down whenever I encounter it.

I think every joke has its time and place to be said, but if it's an offensive one, you better be sure you know your audience before you say it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • People who try to make themselves seem superior for whatever reason. Just really piss me off.

"I have a vagina I'm better than you. Lick my feet." "I have a dick I'm better than you get on your knees and beg for me."

"I'm an atheist and don't believe in the god all of you worship so I'm automatically better." "I'm a member of x religion and I believe in god so I'm better than you."

"I don't watch sitcoms so I'm better than you." "I don't have a comeback for that one."

Shut the fuck up. Nobody is better than anybody. We're all full of shit and we all bleed. Just fucking deal with it.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Humour is humour. I absolutely love it when a person jokes about rape (for example), but then gets super butthurt when someone else makes a racist joke. I'm pretty sure I had a thread regarding that shit. Double standards much?

Anyway, I don't think that anything can offend me anymore.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Very little offends me especially when it comes to humor. I feel like its important to have a laugh about most things if not anything. I think I'm just offended/annoyed by those who are rude towards others and those who are extremely lazy.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Anger is an innate, uncontrollable thing and is a big factor in feeling offended. If you're offended because something has made you angry then it's clearly a personal and likely relevant thing to you, but if you have to think about being offended then honestly I think you should lighten up a bit. Being genuinely offended by something means carrying whatever that issue is very closely to yourself and that's hard work. When I see people who are offended by a load of stuff I almost feel sorry for them making so much anger and so many others' problems into their own issue. You can disagree with something or find it inappropriate without being offended, and I feel like that's something that a lot of people fail to realise. Offence is a personal, anger-fuelled feeling and if you're choosing to be offended then you are deliberately making yourself angry. It's something I see people doing more these days and it's like... yeah. Not a fan. ):

Needless to say, only a very few select things genuinely offend me. There are quite a few things I don't think are okay, but don't incite any anger (or real feeling in general) in me; the rare times when I am offended, it's usually quite obvious.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • Hey, as long as a person isn't a disrespectful shitbasket, then I will at least feel neutral about them.

If you tell an offensive joke, I will pay more attention to how you respond to someone asking you to stop than anything else, because that will show a lot about your character. If you respond like an asshole, rather than just being kind and respectful, I will need no more of your company.

I have no issues with jokes or comments, because they don't affect me, but it's arrogant to assume everyone else feels the same way.

It's not hard to be a decent, respectful human being. You can have any opinion, faith, or sense of humor, but it doesn't mean you need to use them to put everyone else down.

Don't be a dick. <3

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I've said this plenty of times, I'm sure... but one of the things that can really piss me off is when people use the word retard. Not to mention saying something is retarded. The reason is because this word is often used to degrade people with disabilities. Mostly due to the term 'mental retardation'. Nothing pisses me off more than someone referring me to something they find dumb or stupid, even if it's not their intention.

I also hate people who crack jokes about self-harm or make it sound like those that do are emo. As someone who has self-harmed in the past, it's not something to joke about. It is very serious, and people don't always do it for attention. They do it because they feel like it's the only thing they can do to release the pain they are in. It does NOT make them emo at all. It means they are struggling, but they are afraid to let anyone know about it. Same goes for depression as well. I hate people who make fun of depressed people. I have suffered from this in the past as well, and I can honestly say that it's not fun. It's also not something you can just 'snap out of' either.

Other than that, I don't really mind jokes or sarcasm. I can usually tell when someone is being this way... but there are times when I can take shit seriously, thanks to having autism.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I've already answered this, and for the sake of continuity I'm going to answer the same way again. I am offended when others get offended. Words, they're all words. Take solace in the fact that you'll all be dead in 70 years and no one will ever remember what was said that one time so long ago. Poor, insignificant you. Woe is me. Stop your whining you sniveling boy! Can't you see that no one cares?

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    plenty of things bunch up my nerves into a raw ball, but few ever cause me to lose my cool entirely. i'm good about redirecting myself out of situations before i explode.

implications that all people are not equal would be one of the things that heats me up into a downright pissy mess. that also includes situations where i'm being treated as though i'm less than anyone else for physical things i have no control over.

i just want everyone to get along. u_u

Back