• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Kanto Anime Locations for upcoming game

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    Currently developing a map to use for a Pokemon game I'm working on.

Attention to detail is everything, which is why I would like to ask for the community's knowledge and opinion about where each Kanto town, village, cave or points of interest is located in the Pokemon world for this region.

I will do other regions at a later time.

From scrolling the internet, this is a list I have compiled:

PALLET TOWN

Xanadu Nursery: It is located near Pallet Town.
    Pokemopolis: An ancient civilization in close proximity to Pallet Town.
    Mt. Hideaway: Located near Pallet Town.

VIRIDIAN CITY

Terracotta Town: It is possible the town is located near Pewter City and Pallet Town.

PETWER CITY:

Mulberry City: It is located between Tohjo Falls and Pewter City.

Cremini Town: Located close to Tohjo Falls.
    Pokélantis: Proximity of Pewter City.
    Sable City: It is located very close to Pewter City.
    Tree of Beginning: The Tree of Beginning is located in a mountain range north of Pewter City and Mt. Moon.

CERULEAN CITY

(north of cerulean city)
    Bill's Lighthouse: Like its game-counterpart, it appears to be somewhere near Cerulean City.
    Rota: It is a town located in northern Kanto
    Cameran Palace: Located north of the town of Rota, on an island in the center of a lake.

(south/east of cerulean city)
    Rifure Village: Located near Cerulean City.
    Hidden Village: It is located in between Cerulean City and Vermilion City.
    Pokemon Tech: It is found in between Cerulean City and Vermilion City.

VERMILLION CITY

Porta Vista: Located between Vermilion City and Maiden's Peak
    Pokémon Land: located not far from Porta Vista

CELADRON CITY

HopHopHopTown: It is a close suburb of Celadon City.
    Gringey City: It is located in between Celadon City and Fuchsia City.
    Sunnytown: location at the end of the Cycling Road in Kanto

FUCHSIA CITY

Camomile Island: It is located between Fuchsia City and the Seafoam Islands.
    Chrysanthemum Island: It is located between Fuchsia City and the Seafoam Islands.
    Gaiva Dam: Outskirts of Fuchsia City.
    Potpourri Island: It's not too far away from Fuchsia City.
    Westeria Town: Located on Potpourri Island in Kanto.
    Pokemon Ninja School: It is located between Lavender Town and Fuchsia City.

LAVENDER TOWN

Silver Town (Kanto): Located between Saffron City and Lavender Town.
    SAFFRON CITY

Maiden's Peak: Located somewhere near Saffron City.

SARAFI ZONE

Dark City: Found in between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
    Evolution Mountain: Located in between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
    Grampa Canyon: Located between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
    House of Imite: Located in between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
    Leaf Forest: It is located between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
    Matcha City: It is located between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
    Mosgreen Village: It is found in between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
    Neon Town: Somewhere between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island.
    Stone Town: Stone Town is located in between the Safari Zone and Cinnabar Island, at the foot of Evolution Mountain.

SEAFOAM ISLAND

Metallica Island: It is located between Cinnabar Island and the Seafoam Islands

CINNABAR ISLAND

And finally back to PALLET TOWN!

These are the locations where I am unable to figure out where they would be located in the Kanto anime world

Scissor Street
    Commerce CIty
    Fennel Valley [it is the second location of the Battle Pyramid which Ash has to battle to obtain the Brave Symbol]
    Garenia Town
    O-Hina Town
    Old Shore Wharf/New Island
    Sayda Island
    Pokemon Theme park
    Team Rocket Academy
    Team Rocket HQ
    Hollywood: Located in Western Kanto.
    Camp Pokéhearst: It is located east of Hollywood.

Any help to fill in the blanks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You might have more luck finding people who know about this over in the Pokemon Anime section. I'll move the thread to there!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Scissor Street

I think Scissor Street [that's the place where Brock got Vulpix, right?] is located in Celadon City, considering it was part of the three-episode arc in Celadon City.

O-Hina Town

It's somewhere between Fuschia City and Cinnabar Island, if the airing is anything to go by. Probably some distance away from either Grampa Canyon, the city where Togepi was hatched, yet close enough to the place with the Farfetch'd trainer-thief that stole Misty and TR's bags/Pokémon, based on some things in the episode. Oh, and as a side note and slight divergence, I actually find the city's name extremely ironic now that I know that it was from Princess vs. Princess. That episode was the origin point of my loyalty to Misty and my hate for the Female Anime Stereotype (just watch how those Fiorello fangirls behaved and you'll see what I mean), and my second point of origin, years later, was Love-Hina. I guess fate really did set me against "Hinas."

Old Shore Wharf/New Island

Since the OI maps place New Island just below the Kanto/Johto border, and slightly closer to the Johto region, I'd say Old Shore Wharf is closer to the Kanto border. It's also likely to be close to Pallet Town and the area where they head off for the Orange Islands, based on Ash not using Pidgeotto/Pidgeot.

Pokemon Theme park

Assuming the short it appears in is either canonical or even taking place shortly before the Mewtwo movie, it's probably close to where Old Shore Wharf is located.

Team Rocket HQ

Which one? The one that Mewtwo blew apart or the one in AG and DP? If the former, I guess it's located close to Pallet Town, maybe Viridian City, based on both It's Mr. Mimie [sic] Time and the Poke-Corral episode.

Hollywood: Located in Western Kanto.

Since there's little showing of the characters outside of flashbacks, I can't give much outside of it most likely being close enough to Pallet Town to drive via a car (since that's how Ash, Misty, Delia, and Brock got there).

Camp Pokéhearst: It is located east of Hollywood.

Probably close enough to Pallet Town, since it took place during Ash's training, though if they took a car, maybe a brief distance away.

I can't comment on any Hoso or AG locations, unfortunately, as I never watched them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    I think Scissor Street [that's the place where Brock got Vulpix, right?] is located in Celadon City, considering it was part of the three-episode arc in Celadon City.

It's somewhere between Fuschia City and Cinnabar Island, if the airing is anything to go by. Probably some distance away from either Grampa Canyon, the city where Togepi was hatched, yet close enough to the place with the Farfetch'd trainer-thief that stole Misty and TR's bags/Pokémon, based on some things in the episode. Oh, and as a side note and slight divergence, I actually find the city's name extremely ironic now that I know that it was from Princess vs. Princess. That episode was the origin point of my loyalty to Misty and my hate for the Female Anime Stereotype (just watch how those Fiorello fangirls behaved and you'll see what I mean), and my second point of origin, years later, was Love-Hina. I guess fate really did set me against "Hinas."

Thanks for the great reply!

Since the OI maps place New Island just below the Kanto/Johto border, and slightly closer to the Johto region, I'd say Old Shore Wharf is closer to the Kanto border. It's also likely to be close to Kanto and the area where they head off for the Orange Islands.

Assuming the short it appears in is either canonical or even taking place shortly before the Mewtwo movie, it's probably close to where Old Shore Wharf is located.

Which one? The one that Mewtwo blew apart or the one in AG and DP? If the former, I guess it's located close to Pallet Town, maybe Viridian City, based on both It's Mr. Mimie [sic] Time and the Poke-Corral episode.

Since there's little showing of the characters outside of flashbacks, I can't give much outside of it most likely being close enough to Pallet Town to drive via a car (since that's how Ash, Misty, Delia, and Brock got there).

Probably close enough to Kanto, since it took place during Ash's training, though if they took a car, maybe a brief distance away.

I can't comment on any Hoso or AG locations, unfortunately, as I never watched them.
    \

Thats for the great reply! This information will come in very handy, i'm in the process of mmaking a Blueprint/floor design with Autocad for the kanto region :) looks pretty good atm

Back