• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Region of Orre (M) [IC]

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
"I'll be doing some late- night, last minute training session with my Pokemon. I wouldn't want to be unprepared for tomorrow, do I?" Maya said nonchalantly, apprising Seth of her prospective plans. Truth be told, it had been a rather prolonged, but quite appeasing occasion, though, Maya had become quite impatient, thoroughly expectant of the long awaited competition held tomorrow. She sighed; Maya was quite relieved that the vexing daytime had, finally, come to a lingering conclusion. "Alright, I'll see you at the tournament, Seth! Ciao." Voilà; in what seemed like an instant, Maya was gone with the wind, beginning a rather relaxed ascent to the murky horizon, basking under the faint light rays of the blue moon.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I had only briefly been walking for a brief period of time when I heard an abrupt sound of a stone edge, and a few muffled voices. I return my pokémon to safety almost immediately, just in case something were to happen to them. Usually the main street is pretty crammed with thugs, so I decide to walk down the alleyway and cut through the gardens. I am interrupted from my walk when a girl appears to be running down the ally way with a breloom; it's that girl I met earlier today, or yesterday, depending on how long I slept. She was also in the café earlier on. She runs into me, and I think she recognizes me, because I don't see her flinch. I decide to speak first to erase any tension between us.

"You really shouldn't be out alone in the dark. Come with me I'll give you a lift wherever you want." I feels right to help, because I can, and if I can help I should. I release skarmory when tracing my finger along my belt quickly, stopping at 5. I wasn't planning on flying home, but I guess now I have an excuse. I don't usually fly everywhere because of the weight it bares on skarmory to do so. I hold my and out signalling for her to hop on, and in the corner of my eye I see several thugs rampaging down the street. My eyes turn sharp and I indicate for her to hurry. She hasn't spoken but that can wait until we are out of the firing line.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Loryn stopped abruptly, squeezing Breloom tighter as another man stepped out of the darkness. Once he stepped into the light, however, she realized it was the exorcist man from earlier, and she let out a sigh of relief. He offered to give her a lift wherever she needed to go, but Loryn paused. "I was just going to the Inn, it's only a little bit farther down the street-" she was cut off as she heard footsteps clomping loudly down the sidewalk. A chill ran down her spine, but she didn't dare turn around as the exorcist released his Skarmory. His eyes turned sharp, so Loryn could assume it was more thugs, which meant she had to hurry. Without a second thought, she grabbed his hand and hopped onto Skarmory's back.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
She is asking to go the inn, but I understand how bad the place is, as my first few days here were quite apalling and I was forced to live in the inn for a week. The standards aren't very high and several gangs tend to hang around there. I take this into consideration and how it would feel to be in her situation when I come to a conclusion.

"You're welcome to stay at my home," I say almost with no sense. I had previously not intended on letting anyone in my house never mind letting someone sleep here, but the girl was desperate and she reminded me of someone I knew a while ago. Skarmory swerves to once side, and in 1 minute, the dull western city is gone and the small little little crime richer estate shows up. I land skarmory outside my house without even thinking about her answer to my question. It's obvious she would rather stay here than the inn. Besides my house i probably about the size of it, maybe it's an exaggeration, but it's in far better condition than anywhere to the west. I trace my fingers along releasing everyone and letting them find their own way into the house."

"I got plenty of space, so don't worry about anything. Trust me, nothing bad's gonna happen to you here." I grab her wrist but don't grab to tight, and guide her to my door, although I know she can see my pokémon parading into the house.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
As the pair flew through the air, Loryn thought about how different this ride was from the previous one with Seth. Up here, high in the air, she felt calm. The wind blowing through her hair gave her a weird sense of security. She looked up at the man as he said she was welcome to stay at his place. "No, really, that's okay-" but her voice was cut off by the wind as Skarmory made his descent towards the house.

The landing was smooth; Skarmory was obviously experienced. Loryn slid off without at word and inspected the house as the man let out his Pokemon. Breloom, whom she'd momentarily forgotten, lept out of her arms to join them. Well, there goes my bodyguard, she thought miserably, then looked down as she felt pressure on her wrist. The man was leading her inside. "I-uh-thanks," she managed to stammer out, his previous words hanging in her mind. Trust me, nothing bad's gonna happen to you here. But how could she trust a man she hardly knew?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I calmly walk into the house after my pokémon and flick on the lights. I lead the girl to the sofa and sit down beside her, and try to think of ways to comfort her.

"The inn isn't a good place if you are alone. Oh and by the way the name is Yuki, I saw you a little while ago."

Gallade then came with a glass of juice and place on a small table next to the girl. Yep, she definitely reminds me of someone, perhaps that's why I care about her. Gallade seems to have the same reaction. I quickly look around the room to check that everyone is behaving. They all know I have company, which is odd, so they all look quite intrigued, and leafeon is looking as smug as ever. I lock eyes with leafeon for a second and chuckle, so he turns around and trots off.

"Oh, um, you can release your pokémon if you like, as long as they are sensible," I say with a smile. "Oh and your name is?"

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
The man led Loryn, who was mentally freaking out, to the sofa. He sat beside her and introduced himself as Yuki. A small smile found its way onto her lips. "Thanks for taking me in-er-Yuki. I know the town's not exactly safe, but it was either go to the Inn or go with Seth," she giggled a little, feeling slightly more comfortable now.

A Gallade walked up to her and set down a glass of juice. "Thanks you sir," Loryn smiled, and reached out with shaky hands to take a drink. All of Yuki's Pokemon were behaving politely, except for a smug looking Leafeon. Loryn looked up as he suggested she let out her Pokemon, then inquired her name.

"Oh, I'm Loryn, sorry for not introducing myself earlier," she said as she pressed the release buttons on the remaining pokeballs on her belt. Arcanine, Vaporeon, Crobat, Misdreavus, and Shieldon all appeared, looking slightly confused. "Now, you all behave. We're staying in Yuki's house for tonight, so be good," she raised an eyebrow at her Pokemon, who voiced their agreement. Crobat, Misdreavus, and Shieldon went exploring with Breloom, while Vaporeon lept up onto Loryn's lap and Arcanine positioned himself on the floor by her leg.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
After she introduced herself as Loryn and released her pokémon I get up and walk over to the kitchen. The counter that borders the kitchen and the sitting room should be enough for her to feel comfortable, nobody wants to feel awkward. I peer into the fridge and have a quick glance, then I pull out a box.

"Fancy some cake?" I say leaning on the counter. I put the box on the counter which reveals it is a chocolate cake and then look smugly back at leafeon, who looks a little bit jealous. I laugh and duck back down and find a couple of bags of sweets and random junk food I have stored and place them on the counter. Lucario grabs them, being the closest, and throws them to Ampharos, who happily shares them out.

"It's staurday, I think, who can't help but have a treat on a saturday," I say.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Loryn watched Yuki out of the corner of her eye as he made his way into the kitchen. She didn't really think he would try to do anything, but better safe than sorry. When he offered cake, however, Loryn made no hesitation. "Cake? Really? Sure I'd like some!" she laughed as she stood up from the couch. Vaporeon climbed up onto her trainer's shoulder, enjoying the aerial view. Arcanine followed warily.

Loryn walked over to the counter and leaned against the opposite side. Vaporeon leaned forward hesitantly to eyeball the cake. "No, silly, that's not for you," Loryn smirked and place the little blue Pokemon on the floor. She flicked her finned tail in discouragement, eyeballing the Leafeon in the kitchen.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I chuckle to myself at the little blue pokémon's remark and dish out 2 slices of cake. The vaporeon is still eyeing the cake until I tell it to go see Ampharos for something to eat. I hand the bowl to Loryn and we sit back down on the couch. I take a small spoonfull and scoop it into my mouth.

"So are you entering this tournament with Seth?" Seth seems to have quite the reputation around here, he's almost a celebrity, but that's probably because he's different. Now I just notice something. What if we were to battle? We both know each others pokémon now, so I guess it would be slightly unfair, but then again, that might just be a little challenge, after all I know hers too. I erase that from my mind. It's not that much of a big deal, just my $500 at stake, not much - sarcasm.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Vaporeon nodded to Yuki with a thankful, "Vapor!" and trotted over to Ampharos. Loryn watched her little Pokemon with a smile. She walked back to the couch with Yuki and took the piece of cake he offered. "Thanks," she said, taking a spoonful into her mouth. It was very good - the cake made her stomach feel full and warm. Loryn looked up as Yuki asked if she'd be entering the tournament.

"Yes, I am. But it's my first tournament, so I'm kind of nervous. I've never really done battling like this before," she replied with a sheepish grin. "So I suppose you're entering too? Have you ever done a Colosseum battle before?"

Years
Seth shrugged as both girls left in their own way, as he pressed out of the Cafe into the street. He looked over toward the bar where he figured Zephyr would be, but he moved down the main road aways, knowing that he'd see his friend at the tournement the day following.

It wasn't that far down the main street of Pyrite Town, before he veered off down a side road. Near the end of said road he came to a mechanic shop, titled, Duncan's Custom Mechanics. Inside he saw the older man at his work desk and decided to stay silent knowing that he was more than likely busy, and didn't like being interupted. Seth would see him at the Colosseum, too. Even if Duncan would just be a spectator.

Making his way to his appartment above the shop Seth placed his brown pouch and self poster near the door. Leaving the rest of his attire on. In his room which was reletively small, yet surpricingly clean he laid on his bed. Sleep would be difficult to come by for awhile, being he chugged an entire cup of coffee. Releasing Charmeleon Seth looked at his Fire Pokemon, "Get some rest, buddy. No need to tell you, you'll need it." He spoke putting his hands behinf his head. Charmeleon took a place in a corner, same as he did at the Outskirt Stand Inn the night before. Lowering his head with eyes closed waiting for sleep.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
"No" I reply instantly.

"Havn't battled for... years?" I think the last proper battle I had was against a girl named Skylar way back on a ferry. I must have been 13 or 14 then, I can't really remember that much. Also my battle with Max (oooh mysterious max) was sort of a battle if you count 30 seconds a battle before being rudely interupted. That was recently. Actually, I kinda miss Max. Can't remember where he went, maybe he never told me and I just forgot. Ah well.

"I'm gonna try and get some sleep, because if we don't we might be late for the tournement. Gallade, remember to switch of the lights, and skarmory, were are you sleeping tonight?" Skarmoyr gives a slight hoot before trotting over to Gallade who sighs and waves his arms for a slight seconds. Then Skarmory's gone. Always the same really, I don't know why I bother asking.

"Guess that answers that question," I say to Loryn.

"Good night!"

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
So he's just as inexperienced as me, Loryn thought glumly. She was hoping that he could help her out somehow, maybe calm her nerves before the battle. Yuki then mentioned that he hadn't battled in years, which tugged at Loryn's attention. Years? How is that? Did he just...Give up or something? She opened her mouth, as if to ask, but closed it as she quickly decided against it. It wasn't her business. Still, she did wonder what happened...

Yuki announced that they should get some sleep, and Loryn nodded in agreement, suddenly realizing how tired she was. Her Pokemon crowded back to the couch where she presumed she would be sleeping. Vaporeon lept up and snuggled against her, while Breloom leaned against her leg in a sitting position. Crobat and Misdreavus snuck underneath the dark coffee table. Arcanine, loyal as ever, laid down in front of the couch, Shieldon at his side. Once they were comfortable, Loryn set her head down on the pillow.

"G'night Yuki! Thanks again!" she called after him as the light turned off and the room went black.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I watched the town in silence from the top of a building. I looked up and the moon was out along with a number of stars. I had already registered for the Colosseum Battles that would take place tomorrow. So I was watching to make sure there was no major trouble around the area. I was not a cop, but I don't like seeing others get hurt. Just a few minutes ago I had saw pair of people flying toward the Colosseum, probably going to sign up for the battles tomorrow. I didn't sense any problems so I went to get something to eat. After I had finished eating, a voice called in my head.

"Something isn't right."

I paid for my food and walked out of the building into the night time streets. I looked around, but did not see anything. A few seconds after looking around, I saw a girl running with her Breloom and she ran into another boy about the same age as she was I had guessed. I didn't sense anything bad about him so I did not interfere. Then the boy moved his hand to his waist and brought out a pokeball and released a Skarmory. They hopped onto the Skarmory and flew off. However, they did not notice the thugs releasing pokemon of their own. I reacted quickly and dropped my hand to my waist and took a pokeball out.

"Flygon, go now quickly and use bulldoze on the thugs in front of us!" I commanded.

Flygon came out with a screech and immediately used Bulldoze. The pokemon were knocked out and I walked over to them. They were picking up their pokemon from the ground.

Hmm... even thugs have a heart sometimes it seems. I thought to my self smiling a little.

"We have had enough, please just leave us alone." One of the thugs said.

"I don't know what happened, but what I do know is that you all did not have good intentions. This time I will let it slide. Next time I will turn you in." I said, taking off my bag that I had on my back.
I reached into the bag and pulled out a few super potions.

"Here." I tossed the potions to the thugs, "Use these on your pokemon and they will be fine."

They did just that and returned there pokemon and ran off. I watched them as they disappeared around a corner. I looked up in the sky, but no longer saw the Skarmory. In my mind I knew that they probably could have beat the pokemon easily, but not while they were in the air. It would be very difficult for that Skarmory to dodge while he carried two people and a pokemon.

"Good job Flygon. Return for now." I said, returning my Flygon to its pokeball.

I put the pokeball back on my waist and walked down the streets to the exit of Pyrite. Unlike others, I like sleeping outside and if you sleep outside the town, rarely anything bothers you.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Skylar settles down on the sofa, even though I was sure I said se could sleep in my room, and her pokémon settle next to her, even though I was sure I said they could sleep in the small room with my pokémon. I do prefer my bed, although the sofa is very cozy, so I keep it quiet, but do have concern for the pokémon.

"Skylar," I say while flicking the lights on, "I prepared a space for your pokémon in the room just through mine. My pokémon are friendly you know, they don't bite, actually none of them even know the move," I say jokingly. If I were a pokémon I'd say it would be kinda like a sleepover, plus I doubt sleeping under a coffee table is a wise idea. Wait... DID I JUST SAY SKYLAR?

(actually may I just say that the name being put here was actually accidental. Haha, I'm just gonna roll wif it.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
((Silly Crimson, her name is Loryn xD
Now I gotta edit my post good lord.))
Loryn poked her head up from behind the armrest. Yuki had returned, saying she could sleep in his room. However, she waved her hand as if to brush the offering away. "No, no, it's fine, really. I'm quite comfy here. Besides, you were kind enough to let me stay here without warning, so you should at least get your own bed," with these words she added a kind smile. "Now get some sleep. I'm fine here, don't worry about it."

Most of her Pokemon were already slumbering away, but those who weren't gave Yuki the same understanding look. Loryn knew he was just trying to be nice, but she really was fine on the sofa. Besides, she didn't want to be any more of a burden...Wait, what did he just call me?

"Um, Yuki?" Loryn sat up completely, almost knocking Vaporeon off of her. "Did you just call me Skylar?" She turned to look him in the eye, curiousity getting the best of her. "Who's that?"

Last edited:
Years
An alarm went off in Seth's head, or more so on it. He opened his eyes and pulled down his goggles for a split second to read the time displayed, 11:45 am. Flicking a switch on the side of them the alarm ceased. Still had a couple hours so there was no rush. Seth didn't like waking up by an alarm, but he set it for today anyway. Sitting up on the side of his bed he looked to Charmeleon, who's blue eyes were stairing back, though he still sat in the same possition. "Ready for this?" He asked in a joking tone, knowing full well that his Fire companion was always ready for anything.

Seth rose to his feet and moved over to his front door that lead downstairs, motioning for the fire lizard to follow, ignoring any type of morning rutine. Downsatirs he met up with Duncan almost immediately. "Hoho, going to the tournament early today, eh? Good thing I made you breakfast. Otherwise I'd gaurentee you'd skip on it." Seth believed the old man's words to be somewhat self-humorous being he was handed a slice of buttered toast.

"Wow, thanks!" Seth overly reacted sarcastically. Duncan laughed with a quick nod. "So don't suppose I've gotta ask if your going to be going to be checking out the tournament yourself, huh?"

"Of course not, I've gotta watch you fall on your ass, haha." The man quickly retaliated. Seth shared the laugh and moved to exit the shop taking a bite of the toast then handing the rest to Charmeleon, who took it in one gulp.

The streets were already busy, so Seth decided to pass on using his hover-bike to get to the Colosseum, the trek wasn't that far anyway. As he and Charmeleon pressed out into the main street then past the Battle Corner he was barraged by a group of younger trainers, all holding out pens and pictures of Seth. Seth laughed and signed a few looking to the ones who were left out. "Sorry, but gotta keep it limited edition. Come see me after I defeat the tournament, and I'll fill out a few more, haha." He didn't mind the attention of his Pyrite fans, but he was anxious as any trainer would be, before a big battle such as this one, and pressed onward to the Colosseum, Charmeleon close behind determination in his eyes.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I wake up feeling refreshed. It's been a while since I've had a good night sleep. I try to refresh my memory. Ah yeah, I called Loryn Skylar didn't I. I don't remember saying much, just an old friend I think I said. Hm. I let it out my brain because I start to feel a slight headache and stumble out of bed. I've worn my clothes to bed again. I quickly circle my room searching in the containers around here for some clothes to wear when finally I find my old blue jacket and some ordinary grey clothes. Not exactly what I had planned to wear for a public event. I quickly tidy up my hair and sweep it to one side, grab my jacket and awake my pokémon in the next room. Most of them are still asleep, and Skarmory and Lucario aren't even here, however I know where they both will be. I lead Ampharos Leafeon and Gallade to the living room where Loryn is, and I breifly nudge her on the shoulder in an attempt to wake her up.

"Good morning," I say.

I move ahead to the kitchen and Leafeon bounces over to the coffee table and carefully avoids treading on one of Loryns pokémon, then grabs the remote, switching the tv on to channel one, which is always news in the morning.

"Turn that crap off Leafeon," I say without being too harsh. She willingly turns over to a different channel, a cartoon one, where she carefully studies the array of flashing images. I think I see Ampharos sigh. Lucario walks in the room with a shopping bag, then I realize where he's been, and I honestly thought he'd just be in the garden. I take the bag off him and it reveals milk, something I had previously ran out of.

"Cheers Lucario." I take out many bowls from the cupboard and try to count all of Loryns pokémon, then I realise skarmory isn't here. I sigh and step away from the kitchen. I open the front door and hang myself outside so I'm, practically swinging from the hinge and call for Skarmory to come down. He is down in a matter of seconds and squirms through the door so he is now just behind the sofa.

"Do all of you want cereal?" I ask to Loryn, as I already know mine do.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
"Huh what?" Loryn shot up as Yuki nudged her shoulder, narrowly missing whacking him in the face. "Oh, ah, good morning," she grinned sheepishly, attempting to smooth down her knotty hair. Vaporeon tumbled off of her trainer's lap and onto Arcanine's back, who shot up with a startled look on his face. This caused Shieldon to stumble forward into Crobat, who smacked Misdreavus in the face with his wing. Breloom was still slumbering peacefully on his trainer's leg.

Loryn covered her mouth to keep from laughing at the chain reaction, then turned to Yuki as she realized he was talking to her. "Cereal? Sounds great," she said, glancing at her Pokemon, who nodded in agreement. She wanted to ask more about that Skylar girl, but she figured now wasn't a good time. Perhaps on their way to the tournament.

Back