• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problems with starting event. Can't find the error

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    so i am working on this since a while now. unfortunately i had to redo a few maps and all events are lost after updating to v16 (messed that up a bit)

so i actually had an idea on how to further improve my start of the game.

i actually have 2 branches for the start that is supposed to influence the whole game. so boy and girl choice is ending up in having a rival of the other gender. in my case i want to have gary when you choose female and the basic female character when you choose male.

if some of you played gold and silver there the beginning is that you overslept. so i thought it would be smart to having to choose. the character wakes up at 6:00 and decides taht it is pretty early. you are then able to choose to sleep some more (results in oversleeping and being late) and getting up right away and get ready for the meeting with oak.

now what i thought about is that if you are late then your rival would be there already. you are able to choose a pokemon and then he picks a stronger one.
    BUT if you are early then you are picking first and your rival arrives late and actually picks the weaker one cause he doesnt know which one to pick and he/she is in a hurry.
    actually i dont really plan to make the rival the big bad antagonist so thats ok and makes him a bit more human i guess...

so i think i did everything right. but i still have issues.
    i messed it up even more just now so i am kind of idealess...
    now on the path where i oversleep everything works until i am able to choose a pokemon. right at the moment where i am able to move all 3 pokeballs disappear.
    on the other path where i get up early i am not able to move in my bed. as if somewhere would be an autorun event that waits for move completion.

whats also strange is that i once made a typo in the two choices. i wrote get reasy instead of get ready. i already fixed the s to a d but ingame its still reasy?
    no matter what i change it stays like that

so here is my rar archive of the project: not allowed to post links yet... annoying... please tell me if you want to help and i can send you the dropbox link with a PM

sorry the map names are still in german but i tell you where to find the said events:

Kanto/Gebäude Sammelmaps/Häuser Sammelmap

the bedroom is on the top right and the lab is below.

the choice if i want to sleep some more is in the intro. its in Kanto/Intro and the top left event.

i would be very happy if someone could fix that for me! and yeah i kind of have big plans ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

KurisuSan

Lord of Reality
    Years
  • Could just do an auto run event as soon as you land in the game. With the choices options and then choosing to wake up or choosing to "oversleep" and create two global switches that are turned on depending on which choice you made and set those as requirements for said events with oak.

Back