• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Crystal: what hatched from your Day Care Egg?

Years
  • oddegggift.png

In Pokémon Crystal you're given an Odd Egg from the Day Care couple on Route 34. This egg can hatch to be any one of the following: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, or Magby, each with a 14% rate of being shiny in international versions of the game. This shiny rate is 50% in the Japanese games.

So what did yours hatch to be? Was it a shiny?

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • hmm.. throughout the playthroughs of Crystal I've had, I've gotten Cleffa, Pichu, Magby and Smoochum (in that order too). Magby was shiny so eee. ^^ Really wanna get a shiny Igglybuff though, boo.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The only time I played Crystal, the Odd Egg hatched into a Tyrogue. I evolved him into a Hitmonchan, and he became the star of my team.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Mine hatched into an Elekid, during both of my playthroughs of Crystal, with none of them shiny. I tried to soft reset and change that, but it didn't seem to work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2016
    The only time I ever played Crystal, I was fortunate and unfortunate enough to get a Shiny Smoochum. Fortunate being a Shiny, but really unfortunate because it was a pokemon evolution line I really hated with a passion.

I traded it off for a Haunter, which evolved into a Gengar.

Years
  • I've played this game too many times. I've had all of them but the most I usually got elekid, pichu and cleffa. Never got shiny

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've only ever played Crystal once but that time I got a non-shiny Tyrogue. Put the ugly thing in my box and never touched it again. :D

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • During my latest playthrough I got a Cleffa :( It was a shiny, but still.

Was really hoping for a Magby, or a Smoochum. Or, at the very least, a Tyrogue for convenience sake. But no.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I hatched a Pichu on my Crystal file. Not shiny. My friend hatched something different (don't quite recall what), but it wasn't shiny either. I had no idea the Crystal eggs had an elevated shiny rate until many years after the fact. Had I known, I probably would have tried harder to get a shiny egg, but as it was, I really wanted a Pikachu on my team early in the game, so my non-shiny Pichu made me very happy.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • First time I played, I got Smoochum. On my second playthrough, I got Magby which I evolved and used on my team. I've replayed this game several times, but I can't remember what I got each time except for one time when I got a shiny Pichu, but my save file got deleted shortly after and in my last playthrough, I got a shiny Cleffa.

One of the reasons I want Crystal to be released on 3DS VC is so I could hatch the egg into a shiny and transfer it on to the new games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    Wow, I didn't know they had a 14% shiny rate! I've had Igglybuff, Cleffa, & Pichu so far & neither of them were shiny.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I never knew about that increased shiny chance until recently. Anyway, I think Smoochum and Cleffa are the only two Pokemon I received from those eggs. I've only ever played through Crystal twice so I'm hoping it gets re-released in the eShop pretty soon!

Back