• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please help me build a balanced Sapphire team

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    Hi guys,

Gardevoir: level 47+ Hardy
    Psychic
    Double Team
    Future Sight
    Calm Mind

Blaziken level 50+ Naughty
    Bulk Up
    Double Team
    Slash
    Blaze Kick

Mightyena level 25+ Bashful
    Tackle
    Howl
    Sand Attack
    Bite

My first message didn't go through, so I'll publish it again.
    I'm looking for three more pokémons which would nicely complement my team. I'm also looking for better movesets for my existing pokémon team.

So far, I love the pokémons I've picked. They're fun to use, and I think that my Mightyena is going to be ridiculously strong once it's got better moves.

I'm desperately looking for a Normal or Ice Pokémon that's decent as I know that Normal Types have very few weaknesses. I'm trying to get a good team for the Elite Four. I just finished Lily Cove City.

I don't know what my team lacks, so far I've been able to beat all the opponents in the game pretty easily. I'm sure that there's something missing though, like a nice Ice pokémon.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • Either Walrein or Glalie would be your options for Ice Types. Actually, they're pretty much your only Ice options.

Exploud or Delcatty are really the only decent Normal Types in Gen III.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Which pokémon would you pick for the sixth pokémon?
    I think that normal and ice are safe choices. I doubt that getting a second normal pokémon would be good though.
    Do you have suggestions when it comes to my first three little fighters?
    I love them even more since the psychic gym. Mightyena really shined. :)

So far, their weaknesses:
    1st
    weakness
    WATER
    GROUND
    FLYING
    PSYCHIC

2ND
    FIGHTING
    BUG

3RD
    BUG
    GHOST
    DARK

I think I picked them well since it's a casual team. I just need to be careful about that "bug" type.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    I may catch them once I'm done with the gyms then. The only problem is that I'd have three weaknesses to fighting, and I truly hate fighting-type pokemons when they're not on my team but on my opponent's team.
    I thought about getting an electric pokemon, but I'm not a big fan.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm not so sure with Mightyena but I'd go with Salamence/Flygon, Pellipper/Ludicolo, and Electrode/Manetric to fill in the remaining 3 slots.

Salamence/Flygon usually take a while to raise though but they're worth it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I love how Ludicolo looks. Is Manetrik better than Voltorbe?
    Do you know where to get Salamence or Flygon? I haven't met either of them yet.
    Finally, which pokémon would you choose to replace Mightyena?
    Preferably a pokemon with the same abilities or similar abilities, such as inflicting status or scaring other pokémons.
    I did catch a Zombat level 40 that I could use but I don't know if it's any good.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd say Electrode because it's faster and not as difficult to raise, you can get one in New Mauville.

You can get Salamence's pre-evolution Bagon in Meteor Falls after you get Waterfall and Flygon's pre-evo Trapinch in Route 111.

I'd say Zangoose for Mighteyena but this isn't Ruby so I'd have to say something like Aggron which you can find its pre-evo in Victory Road or one of the Regis.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2011
    Okay, thanks a bunch!
    Would a Lairon do?
    I can also catch a baby Aron (the first evol before Aggron) but I don't think I have the patience to make it level up till it's a Lairon level 40+

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Yeah that'd be great, Larion shouldn't be very hard to find in Victory Road and it should be around level 40 anyways so it's a decent filler to consider at the very least IMO.

Back