• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/F Anti-Meta Knights

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
Years
  • I failed at posting a team last time and wanted to make it up and be a little more descriptive with it. Here is my Anti-meta teams that can take on weather teams well. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! :3 Especially on one particular pokemon that I'm thinking of changing. So lets start!

sableye.jpg

Sir Sable (Sableye) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Foul Play
    - Recover
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Taunt

Sir Sable starts off as an anti-lead for the team but can come back and serve other purposes. Thanks to its epic ability of Prankster, it allows 3/4 of its move set to have +1 priority which can cripple many other leads. Taunt will stop other leads (except faster ones with Prankster i.e. Thunderus and Tornadus) from setting up entry hazards. This set is extremely effective against lead T-Tar as you can stop it from setting up, then WoW to cripple it further. From there, you can either cause a switch, or recover to wait it out until they are KOed

Sable can be used later in battle as a physical crippler by coming in on things it resists, Taunt to stop it from buffing and then wow to cripple it. Foul Play allows you to deal a lot of damage as it doesn't use any of Sable's average stats for it. However, be weary of Conkeldurr who becomes scary after being burned. Something else to watch is that Taunt can cripple this set. However, with Foul Play, Magic Guard pokemon (Xatu and Espeon) can still take a lot of damage from it.

460.jpg

Sir Snow (Abomasnow) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Blizzard
    - Wood Hammer
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Earthquake

The key to the team. It is very important to keep Sir Snow alive at least until your opponent's weather inducer is gone. Snow acts as the teams revenge killer as it can quickly come in on many threats, quickly take out, then switch out again. This set allows Snow to be faster than max speed Thunder and Tornadus and kill them with Stab Blizzard. This set can also come in and take out opposing weather inducers as well. Blizzard for T-tar, Wood Hammer for Politoad and Earthquake for Ninetales. HP Fire are for Ferrothorn and Scizor that try to switch in on it and set up.

Be careful when deal with faster pokemon and priority moves. Most super effective moves like Bullet Punch and Mach Punch can take out Snow and if before their weather inducer dies can leave you in a bad position.

dragonite.jpg

Lady Nite (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Roost
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Tail
    - Thunder Wave

I am debating on whether or not to use this one so any suggestions for it would really be appreciated.

Lady Nite part on the team is 2 fold. To wall Fire/Fighting moves and to paralyze as many pokemon as possible. With its incredible bulk and Dream World ability Multiscale, it will be able to paralyze at least once. After paralyzing, roost and sub as needed. Once your opponent is fully paralyzed, Dragon Tail it out. This set has the ability to cripple an entire team that can't take it out making the rest of the team's job easier.

Gorebyss.jpg

Lady Byss (Gorebyss) (F) @ White Herb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 SDef / 232 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Shell Smash
    - Baton Pass

A new addition to the team and it works incredibly well. For those unfamiliar with Shell Smash, its a buff that -1 Def and SpDef for +2 Atk, SpAtk and Speed giving it amazing sweeping power. While the Lady can sweep well on its own, its main purpose is to pass its buff to another pokemon described later.

One thing to watch out for are phazers that can get rid of her buff and priority moves that take out the lady before she can pass. It's best to set up on a pokemon that she resists or causes the opponent to switch out. Also, she helps against rain teams as with a shell break buff, she can outspeed anything.

typeanalysis_excadrill2.png

Sir Caliber (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Slide
    - Rapid Spin

The team's Wall breaker and rapid spinner. He can come in and set up on things that he resists and is also a key player in taking out Sandstorm pokemon and particularly, Tyranitar. Also, he can quickly rapid spin nasty hazards that plague the team. Even without sandstorm, Caliber's bulk can take out a lot of special walls like Blissey and Jellicent with ease. Also, with his decent speed and amazing attack, he appreciates a pass from Lady Byss as it can decimate unprepared teams.

078nidoking.jpg

Lord Nido (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Blizzard
    - Earth Power
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast

The lord is the 2nd new edition to the team and acts as the team special sweeper. With is Dream World ability Sheer Force, he gets a massive boost at the cost of losing a moves secondary ability. This also applies to Life Orb as you get another boost with no recoil. On its own, Lord Nido has perfect coverage under hail as Blizzard hits 100% of the time and doesn't mind the damage from the weather.

What makes him truely shine is with Lady Byss' shell break pass. With it, Lord Nido can OHKO most pokemon save those with Evolite and Blissey (However, Blissey takes nearly half damage from Focus Blast). This guy has the potential to sweep entire team so long as they don't have priority moves.

As stated, priority moves are the bane of this set. If weak enough, it can end his sweep early. This applies particularly to all of them save for Mach Punch which he resists.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't know why your Gorebyss is Calm. Its special bulk still leaves much to be desired even when Calm. Shell Smash also makes Calm moot. It might be better to go full-on Modest or Timid. with yoiur current spread, but you move the Special Defense Evs to Special Attack.

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
  • I don't know why your Gorebyss is Calm. Its special bulk still leaves much to be desired even when Calm. Shell Smash also makes Calm moot. It might be better to go full-on Modest or Timid. with yoiur current spread, but you move the Special Defense Evs to Special Attack.

Hmmm....okay. I figured giving it that nature, it would give it a lil more bulk. I'll try out a Timid set so it can better outspeed stuff under rain. Thanks :)

BUMP!!! Does anyone else have any suggestions? I am thinking of changing Dragonite for something that gets a buff in the sun but idk.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back