• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I let the player ride Pokémon with a TM?

RafaelMaker1

AceTrainerY
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    How can I make a new TM called Ride, that can be used outside of battles.
    The player switches to be on top of a Pokemon,to ride it and can jump over big ledges.

Years
  • In order to make a new TM, you need to:

1.) Make sure that the move exists in the PBS file moves.txt If it doesn't, add it using the proper format
    2.) Add a new item in the PBS file items.txt Again, use the prper format
    3.) Go into the PBS file tm.txt and find the end of the TMs (since the file defines Move Tutor moves as well). The names of Pokemon listed there are those with which the TM is compatible. Note that NIDORANfE means Nidoran-F and NIDORANmA means Nidoran-M. All other Pokemon are in all caps.

However, you're also asking about making a move that works in the overworld. For that, I won't be able to help you.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think the easiest way to do it honestly it just to copy all of the Bike scripts, name it "mount" or something, and then just add the appropriate sprite sheets for it (which you'll probably have to make yourself). You can even make it so that the "Mount" command shows up in the menu for specific species by default, without needing a TM. Or alternatively, you can literally just make an item (again, like the Bike) called "Saddle" or something that only works when you have the mount-able species in your party.

Back