• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with finding bugs in rewritten battle core

Years
  • The intent of it was to rewrite a lot of the graphics to include "camera" movement and support for gifs. I didn't write it, and there's not a whole lot of commentation, so I'm basically looking for a black cat in a dark room. I got it working for single battles pretty much completely, but when I started to try to perfect the doubles, some of the sprites/gifs weren't actually showing up, nor were some of the HP bars and stuff. This is using the same methods for sending them out and stuff, and I am having trouble seeing what is causing such a major difference.

So, this isn't really a specific question I guess, but more of a "where do I begin to look" to figure this out? I don't really feel like rewriting everything, especially since what works actually looks pretty nice, but I may end up having to.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    At sprites initialization and position. Did you set the $INTERNAL to true for debugging this?

Years
  • At sprites initialization and position. Did you set the $INTERNAL to true for debugging this?

I did not. Where exactly should that be, and how does it help me?

I decided to just use a stock copy and try and port the changes over from it, because everything was way too messy and broken.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I did not. Where exactly should that be, and how does it help me?

I decided to just use a stock copy and try and port the changes over from it, because everything was way too messy and broken.

You can set $INTERNAL to true anywhere. Even within events. What it does is print all error messages that usually do not get printed in the Battle System. Best solution for BS debugging.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    You can set $INTERNAL to true anywhere. Even within events. What it does is print all error messages that usually do not get printed in the Battle System. Best solution for BS debugging.
    You can also use the last debug command, "Set Internal Flag".

Back