• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can I make the evolution of a gifted Eevee a choice akin to starters?

Years
  • I was thinking, in addition to the standard Grass/Fire/Water trio of starters, I would later give the player and the rival each an Eevee. And that, like the starters, your rival's choice would be whichever was super effective against you.

Would this be possible? I'm assuming that I would need to make the Eevee in question an Event Pokemon, then changing the evolution schema to allow it to edit a player choice value.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • In theory, you could do something akin to how XD Gale of Darkness handled it, where you choose an evolution stone to evolve your Eevee, or you could take it to a specific area like some sort of ritual where interacting with a specific stone causes it to evolve into that form. Either of those methods allows you to make it so the rival can have the Eeveeluton that is stronger than the players. Outside of that, I'm not sure how to handle it.

Years
  • That sounds like my best option. That means I'd need to make either a stone for each of the evolutions that don't use a stone, or a location for each of the ones that don't have a location. Either shouldn't be too difficult. So making a form of Eevee that can't evolve - akin to the Spiky-eared Pichu - then having a plot point where it's forced to evolve based on something you pick? Can I make a player forced to evolve it right then and there?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    There is another issue with this though.
    Namely that some eeveelutions, Jolteon and Sylveon (or Umbreon if you're not using gen 6 Pokemon), have no weaknesses among the eeveelutions and others, Vaporeon and Leafeon, have two (technically three for Vaporeon if you count Freeze Dry).

Years
  • There is another issue with this though.
    Namely that some eeveelutions, Jolteon and Sylveon (or Umbreon if you're not using gen 6 Pokemon), have no weaknesses among the eeveelutions and others, Vaporeon and Leafeon, have two (technically three for Vaporeon if you count Freeze Dry).

I have an answer for the first problem. My game has Delta Pokemon, and I made it a point to make the Delta Eeveeloutions cover the types not covered by the normal ones. Delta Eevee is the same type as normal Eevee, so until the game forces you to evolve it there's no way to tell if your rival has a normal or a Delta. Your Eevee won't be Delta, so there's a finite chain.

You pick Flareon, he picks Vaporeon
    You pick Vaporeon, he picks Leafeon
    You pick Leafeon, he picks Glaceon
    You pick Glaceon, he picks Flareon
    You pick Espeon, he picks Umbreon
    You pick Umbreon, he has a Delta Eevee and picks Normeon (fighting)
    You pick Jolteon, he has a Delta Eevee and picks whatever Eeveeloution is ground type as a delta, I'll have to look
    You pick Sylveon, he has a Delta Eevee and picks Leafeon (steel)
    You pick Normeon, he has a Delta Eevee and picks Umbreon (ghost)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Create an extra flag on PokeBattle_Pokemon. Set the eevee flag as true. Every time that a pokémon evolve, check this flag. Is is the Eevee, just set a variable with the species that Eevee evolved.

After that, is just basic conditionals on rival battle.

Years
  • I think the problem will be, what if you don't use the Eevee? Will the rival only have max 5 pokemon? Will he use another Pokemon to replace Eevee or evolve the Eevee on his own? What if you evolve the Eevee after that?

Years
  • I think the problem will be, what if you don't use the Eevee? Will the rival only have max 5 pokemon? Will he use another Pokemon to replace Eevee or evolve the Eevee on his own? What if you evolve the Eevee after that?

If you don't evolve it / don't use it, he'll keep it as an Eevee until you do evolve it/use it.

Back