• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite artist from your country or state?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
What is an artist from your country or state you love that doesn't get much recognition outside of it?

I'd like to start this discussion with showing you guys Racoon, They're a great band from the Netherlands, and I don't think they get any recognition outside of Germanic countries.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
My favorite band is Our Lady Peace. It is my favorite band and I know them since I am very young, but I know not everybody will like it lol

They have so much songs I cannot choose which one I want to show you XD

Years
I know this isn't an artist, but I need to show this site something.

The entire "Australian Sound". It's a really cool movement and it's practically only in Australian clubs.

Also it's one of the most technically advanced sounds out there in production terms, and you can tell. It sounds absolutely amazing.

Notable artists: Flume, Chet Faker, Alison Wonderland, Slumberjack, Basenji, Carmada, L D R U, Yahtzel, Ribongia, Golden Features, Seekae, Charles Murdoch, Scenic, Wave Racer, Kilter, Willow Beats, Ta-Ku, Rüfüs, Hayden James, Kimyan Law, What So Not, George Maple, Indian Summer, Motez

You definitely won't regret it if you look any of these people up.

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
My favorite band is Our Lady Peace. It is my favorite band and I know them since I am very young, but I know not everybody will like it lol

They have so much songs I cannot choose which one I want to show you XD

None of these links work, but it doesn't matter for me, as I know this band. They're not really local ar they? They have won loads of awards, and sold a millions albums. I'd say this band doesn't really lack recognition

Man, this sounds so sad. I quite like it, but I wouldn't listen to it that much, I think. Great song, nonetheless.

The entire "Australian Sound". It's a really cool movement and it's practically only in Australian clubs.

Also it's one of the most technically advanced sounds out there in production terms, and you can tell. It sounds absolutely amazing.

Notable artists: Flume, Chet Faker, Alison Wonderland, Slumberjack, Basenji, Carmada, L D R U, Yahtzel, Ribongia, Golden Features, Seekae, Charles Murdoch, Scenic, Wave Racer, Kilter, Willow Beats, Ta-Ku, Rüfüs, Hayden James, Kimyan Law, What So Not, George Maple, Indian Summer, Motez

Not really my kind of music, but I do like the way they use melody and weave it together with the beat. It's sounds quite unconventional, I really like how they also use the vocals and voice filters.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I generally do not like the music that my state is known for, because it's mostly country, and I just can't like country no matter how hard I try.

However, I recall David Gates being from my state, and he made some incredibly amazing music (IMO) in Bread.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I don't know if their popular outside of the state or in the state for that matter. But I guess:
Favorite Artist: Tryone Wells
Favorite Group: Amber Pacific

Years
I'm going to add some more stuff to this because it's actually a great idea for a thread imo.

Tommy Trash is one of my favourite producers ever for Australia. He basically started that rolling bass trend that you hear all the progressive house producers using now.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I remade one of his IDs. The first 8 bars are with the lead and the rest is just the bass so you know what I mean:
https://soundcloud.com/d-r-c-m/tommys-bass-drcm-remake

This is probably one of my favourite basses. Ever, in any kind of music.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Let's start with Boston (the band, but also the city.) They get plenty of credit and plenty of airtime when they were popular so no explanation necessary. Favorite song: "Foreplay/Long Time"
Transit-Probably named after the "T" trains here. Another band in the contemporary "pop-punk" scene. "Long Lost Friends" is my favorite.
Passion Pit-Modern pop but extremely catchy depending on the song. "Sleepyhead" or their cover of "Tonight, Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins would be my favorite.
Four Year Strong-More pop punk but a little different. "We Feel Alive (On A Saturday)" is my favorite.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've only just heard of them recently from my senpai but... like he's in this band as a bass player. The band is called Colosseum Thesis. Since I love my senpai very much (not like that lol he's my close friend), I decided I would support his musical career. :D He's an absolutely amazing artist btw. <3

So yeah. That's a band from my state that's just starting out and isn't popular outside of Arizona. X3

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Let's start with Boston (the band, but also the city.) They get plenty of credit and plenty of airtime when they were popular so no explanation necessary. Favorite song: "Foreplay/Long Time"
Transit-Probably named after the "T" trains here. Another band in the contemporary "pop-punk" scene. "Long Lost Friends" is my favorite.
Passion Pit-Modern pop but extremely catchy depending on the song. "Sleepyhead" or their cover of "Tonight, Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins would be my favorite.
Four Year Strong-More pop punk but a little different. "We Feel Alive (On A Saturday)" is my favorite.

Although I love most of those bands, they get enough of attention outside of the states. Boston is a huge name, and Transit and FYS are big names in the poppunk scene. Passion Pit isn't a small name either.

The idea behind this thread is to share music that doesn't seem to be known outside your state/country.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
> The Presets
> Sneaky Sound System

These two groups are some of my favorite artists and a number of their songs are on my ipod which is rare because usually only one or two songs from an artist's album I like. I think it's because I love their genre of music. It's edgy, pop, cool; not your usual overplayed crap played on the radio every morning!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

The Make Believe was my favourite band for a short while because they disbanded after a year because of the different music tastes between the two lead singers which was crushing.

TMB had really the kiwi NZ taste especially with their accents coming through in their singing as well as how well their different styles of voices blended together extremely well.
It's honestly really sad to see them break up, but I'm still glad they're continuing with music.

Poki

Banned
Years
Bulgarian music is fucking terrible.

Anyway, If I had to choose, it would be something retro. This classic, for example:

Years
Australia is lucky in that we have a very strong music scene.

I think the least known band I like is the alternative rock band Dead Letter Circus.

I'm digging this style of music at the moment. I think Peking Duk should get a mention as well, I love them.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Thanks to my girlfriend, I've been trying my best to like our own local music scene once again, especially our indie music scene. And I happen to like the following artists right now. Since I'm from the Philippines, I'll gladly tell who are my favorite local bands right now.

Flying Ipis (literally translates to Flying cockroach):
They are one of my favorite local bands right now for their punk style, and their pretty hot tomboy vocalist (she's really hot in real life). What also makes me listen to their music is that some of their songs reference typical current lifestyles that their songs either parody or make fun off, which with my semi-iconoclastic tendencies I really like. Their songs are really catchy and have the lyrics to back it up. Some of their songs have a bit of profanity with them, but it matches with the theme of their songs hence it doesn't ruin the experience (Aka their not adding profanity in lyrics just to sound cool and hip). Here is my favorite piece from this band:

Title: This Song is About You, from the Album Give Ipis a Chance

Bullet Dumas:
This guy is an incredible beast with his guitar and his songs are a pleasure to listen to. He's mostly singing Filipino songs and I prefer that he continues to sing in our native tongue as his style is much more suited to such. In short, he's a proof that singing in the native tongue while being a beast with those amazing guitar skills win a lot of local love. Also, he's one of those unattractive guys that have a lot of fangirls simply because of his skill and talent.

I'm not referencing some of our country's mainstream talent since I want to say more about the ones in the Indie scene. The ones who are not as appreciated by our country's masses.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
Alt J was a band I came across randomly on YouTube and after I've listened to their debut album,, I can say I think their one of the best examples of what the UK has to offer. Deep lyrics and interesting songs in terms of instrumentation and themes explored.

Back