• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Out with the Old and In With the New

Sir Codin

Dear God, I hope they don't take away PWT.

That was one of the things that really sold BW2 for me.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I wish! I loved being able to play with only one hand. But yeah, there not scrapping IV's or EVs, sales will plummet if they do that. But, really we should have no trouble with space. Look at OoT, it is an extremely big game and it fits.The 3DS cartridge can hold 2 GB if I'm not mistaken, while the DS only had half a gigabyte. Space shouldn't be a problem.

Sir Codin

Kid Icarus Uprising also showed that the 3DS is capable of having a ton of 3D models on the screen at once and the graphics on both that and OoT3D looked tons better than what we're seeing so far in X & Y (thought I think they said those graphics aren't final). I don't think they're going to have much problem in the way of space unless they make the region extremely huge.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Well, knowing Game Freak, they wouldn't be bound to remove a feature like triple battles or rotational battles. But they surely would be bound to remove a feature like being able to connect to the Dream World or something like that, or they would be bound to remove some small features that occur during battle or outside of battle, like how Generation V removed the effect poison status ailment had outside of battle where one of the Pokémon lost one HP per 5 steps you took.

So if they're going to remove anything, I would much prefer them to remove the C-Gear in place for something even better. But what I'd like to see kept... would be the Video Chat functions as well as the Online Battling.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I can probably see them removing triple battles too; all that bit work space from it has to go somewhere right? Well, other than that, not much else... pokemon is quite the game, y'know? Perhaps GF has speculated that content will be huge, so, they've created less pokemon, but emphasized on more detail and content.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Kid Icarus Uprising also showed that the 3DS is capable of having a ton of 3D models on the screen at once and the graphics on both that and OoT3D looked tons better than what we're seeing so far in X & Y (thought I think they said those graphics aren't final). I don't think they're going to have much problem in the way of space unless they make the region extremely huge.
    They can't be final. Look at the playable character. He looks identical to the male in B2/W2.

Cyclone

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • ^I hope they're final. They have an appealing style(well, at least it appeals to me)

Back on topic, I could see them removing PWT and calling it BW/BW2 exclusive. As for content vs. amount of pokemon...i don't know, I want a bunch of new pokemon...but I want a reasonable amount of content. If they had to remove one to emphasize on the other...
    Remove the content, add teh pokemon. Content is usually the same: grind, 8 gyms, storyline, e4, postgame. I wouldn't mind if they shortened the postgame because since every game follows the same layout of content, I would rather discover more pokemon species than just play the same adventure again and walk around aimlessly in the post-game. Also, more pokemon = more competitive wifi battles and such(due to new strategies needing to be made)

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
    Years
  • i HATED the C-Gear. Still do. the thing is annoying as hell. i keep having to shut it off every time i accidentally turn it on, and i feel like screaming at my DS. if they GF could only remove ONE thing, i would have it be the C-Gear. i don't even see the use in it. but the PWT is awesome. i love it. my FAVORITE thing however, would have to be being able to move items from 1 Pokemon to another.

Years
  • Bring back L = A while I'm at it.

You have no idea how many times I've pressed L during a battle in Pokemon Black, and then sighed.

I've also become very fond of the new experience system, so I really wouldn't want that to go anywhere. I guess I don't really have an objective reason, being I'm not a competitive player and have no real reason to shoot for Level 100.

Although I was first very pleased by the addition, I wouldn't mind seeing the "shaky grass" rares go away. It made it a little bit too easy to catch some of the rarer sort.

Back