• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
Congratulations on winning hack of the week number 69. Here is your award.
Eruptionaward.png

Ghu55

Pokemon Torzach Supporter
Years
I love the hack and I figured out the cave with the rock but I feel dumb right now because I can't find the old man's glasses, please help.

Edit:oh i didn't backtrack enough, sorry i found what I have to do. Why didn't my cyndaquil evolve? It tried and stopped

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I love the hack and I figured out the cave with the rock but I feel dumb right now because I can't find the old man's glasses, please help.

Edit:oh i didn't backtrack enough, sorry i found what I have to do. Why didn't my cyndaquil evolve? It tried and stopped

You don't have the National Dex yet, so without a Pokédex, the game assumes that it shouldn't evolve yet (i.e. Scyther was obtainable in the early stages of FR, but in order to prevent people from getting a Metal Coat and evolving it before they should, they made it so Pokémon can't evolve if they aren't avaliable in the current dex).

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
One of my fav hacks won the HotW, ei? Cool. ^^
Congratulations~ ;)

s2y93l.png

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Thank you for the award guys! It means a lot, really. Sadly I quit this project a week ago :\

...Nah, just kidding! :D I haven't been able to work on this in a while, but I'll do my very best to maybe even win hack of the month? Lol
Thanks again guys!

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
this is a good job cooley.
Your hack has a well built history that has struck a lot me...
as it regards the scripts..
they are of high-level and they make the game a lot of beautiful ^^
as the maps..
I hope to see a lot of novelties about the sprites of the character and even a good title screen..
if you succeed in putting these two details in your hack, it would be a pleasure for me, to put your hack in my italian hacking site (Pokéhacking)
Good luck ;)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
this is a good job cooley.
Your hack has a well built history that has struck a lot me...
as it regards the scripts..
they are of high-level and they make the game a lot of beautiful ^^
as the maps..
I hope to see a lot of novelties about the sprites of the character and even a good title screen..
if you succeed in putting these two details in your hack, it would be a pleasure for me, to put your hack in my italian hacking site (Pokéhacking)
Good luck ;)
Thank you very much! I would've added lots of sprites, but you see, FireRed has limited sprites that I need, so towards the end of the hack. I will add a bunch of sprites based on what was used or not.

But sprites, such as the Pokeball, and the Fat guy. Which have little impact on the story, I can replace. Titlescreen, I will have to wait. I'm going to hack the whole intro today so Get ready for updates!

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
Years
Wow this looks leki a really well-designed hack. I love your maps and tiles. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
This hack is...amazing. I played the Alpha 1.1 and was wowed. The scripts are outstanding. The only thing i can really suggest is to ease up on the applymovements because I felt like I was barely doing anything and the game was playing for me. Other then that 6/5*.

Years
this seems to be a pretty cool hack!=D
anyway i think i might have found a glitch in the cave in the beginning. when Prof. Log tells you to not jump down the ledge like he did, i talked to the rock where it says "Looks like a Pokemon could cut this rock into something useful!" i returned back and Prof. Log was gone and i couldnt continue.
oh and Rattata is mispelled when i talk to the guy right before everyone gets their starter PKMN

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
this seems to be a pretty cool hack!=D
anyway i think i might have found a glitch in the cave in the beginning. when Prof. Log tells you to not jump down the ledge like he did, i talked to the rock where it says "Looks like a Pokemon could cut this rock into something useful!" i returned back and Prof. Log was gone and i couldnt continue.
oh and Rattata is mispelled when i talk to the guy right before everyone gets their starter PKMN
Thanks. I'll fix them later.

This hack is...amazing. I played the Alpha 1.1 and was wowed. The scripts are outstanding. The only thing i can really suggest is to ease up on the applymovements because I felt like I was barely doing anything and the game was playing for me. Other then that 6/5*.
LOL Thanks, and I understand what you mean, I just realized you have silver in your hack.
In the new version, I'll try to give the Player some more freedom ;)

To everyone. I've finished the title screen, and now I need to know if this is good or not.

P.S. The silver, Typlosion, Cyndaquil and Quilava sprite were inserted through paint. I dunno if they should be inserted or Not yet. but the rest of the Titlescreen is 100% legit :D

Last edited:

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
To everyone. I've finished the title screen, and now I need to know if this is good or not.

P.S. The silver, Typlosion, Cyndaquil and Quilava sprite were inserted through paint. I dunno if they should be inserted or Not yet. but the rest of the Titlescreen is 100% legit :D

Nice Titlescreen, cooley!
I think it looks nice and the add-on (paint-ed in thingy) is nice, too! I think you should keep it on there!

*thinks out-loud*
How does everyone make such nice looking titlescreen titles?

Great Titlescreen, cooley!

~Flaming Flarez

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Turns out it ruined my ROM O_O"...So it won't be included :( But thanks for you comments. And to answer you're question, All you need is unLZ-GBA to insert ANY image (might need to repoint) and a Tilemap editor (to rearrange it to look normal). Also something to edit Palettes like APE or a hex editor

I have fully edited the Intro. Palettes, images, Titlescreen cries. Now for the text!

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
Turns out it ruined my ROM O_O"...So it won't be included :( But thanks for you comments. And to answer you're question, All you need is unLZ-GBA to insert ANY image (might need to repoint) and a Tilemap editor (to rearrange it to look normal). Also something to edit Palettes like APE or a hex editor

I have fully edited the Intro. Palettes, images, Titlescreen cries. Now for the text!

That's a shame...
It would've looked really cool to have that in the game.

Well I already know how to edit the titlescreen... (thanks to a tut by thex4)
I was wondering about the "Eruption Version" title...
How did you make that? (I already know how to put it in.)

Hope to see some really cool updates soon!

~Flaming Flarez

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
That's a shame...
It would've looked really cool to have that in the game.

Well I already know how to edit the titlescreen... (thanks to a tut by thex4)
I was wondering about the "Eruption Version" title...
How did you make that? (I already know how to put it in.)

Hope to see some really cool updates soon!

~Flaming Flarez
Actually HackMew helped me out. He made it in Paint for me, but I still have the PSD file, if you want me to make a logo for you.

BTW, it's not a pichu you have in your signature ;)
*Let's move this to profile posting XD*

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This hack is really good I like the OW's and especially "what to do" scripts :D
But for some reason I have kinda lots of tile errors...
By the way is the Alpha ends after reaching Mountain Side?

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
This hack is really good I like the OW's and especially "what to do" scripts :D
But for some reason I have kinda lots of tile errors...
By the way is the Alpha ends after reaching Mountain Side?
Tile errors are no more! In the BETA that is...
The Alpha ends right before entering the cave ;)

Btw, thanks for your input.

New updates; Video

First off is a video:

A little ASM Routine written by HackMew to fade the entire screen, and make only the Player reappear. Of course the script in the video was only a demonstration, but you get the idea. It's also incomplete, but I didn't want to wait to post the updates :D

New updates; Screenshots

Now I have some updates relating to Plot. These screens aren't story that was explained in the first post, in fact most of the story gets pieced together in the Hack itself. Everything will be explained in a way, where it makes everything that's about to/already happened make sense.

Without further ado, here are some screens:

New Intro:
Eruption_01-5.png

It is a bit messed up :S

CopyofEruption_02.png

Didn't know what to put, so I went old school!

CopyofEruption_01.png
eruption_01-1.png

Haha! The ultimate Titlescreen! Compare with the Old one, and see the BIG Difference! :D

New Event:
Knowing me, you know I wouldn't "hit you up" with a boring, grammatically incorrect event. I've spiced this one up, but not all the way because I'm lazy.
It's enough to satisfy though. Take a look!

Eruption_03-4.png

Stay away from it! I'm telling you man!

Eruption_04-3.png

Pokémon from Space? Jirachi? Deoxys? Nosferatu? XD

Eruption_05-4.png

Ohh, I see...

Eruption_06-3.png

Trouble? WTH? I told you not to touch it SILVER!

Eruption_02-3.png

What's Paul doing here? Is he also trying to get through?

And that does it.. Let me know what you think! Post your suggestions also ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back