• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] City of Heroes [OOC]

Years
  • Alright Varys, super Accepted!

Never played with a bipolar character before, and having an unstable bipolar metahuman with dangerous powers...I see things going very well in the future, very well indeed! (Stardust puts on his monocle and starts laughing evilly)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • It's my first time to play with one too so I'm super excited about Sammie right now.

Years
  • Alright, main thread is officially up! The first post is entirely exposition. Reading it is completely optional, and your characters will not know anything from that post...for now.

The second post is the important one. The first part includes your mission, as well as the inclusion of a new mechanic, the Morality system. Its...pretty much what you would expect. Lets be honest, we've always seen one of these before. Really the only purpose of this is to see what the citizens and more important characters of Steelport actually think of you. It will come into play in the future, you are warned. Having good, bad, and neutral morality ratings will all have their own effects.

The second part of the second post is kind of an example. Its my two characters being abducted, as all of yours will be by the men I've named "Glasses" and "Baldie" for obvious reasons. I'll repost the mission and mechanic CSS section of the post below this, but essentially your character gets captured by not cops.

For your information, the character Baldie is capable of running time at 1/50th speed for one second, meaning one second for us can be fifty for him. Unfortunately you guys can't really deal with that right now. And yes, I cheated by making a time manipulating character. Sue me.

It has been two weeks since you took the Mirakuru pill, and slightly less than that since your power first manifested. What you have used that power since then is up to you. Perhaps you explored your abilities within the safety and confines of your own home, maybe you used it for more...unethical purposes. Either way, you have avoided the notice of the authorities for now, both the local police and higher powers. But that ends tonight.

Tonight a pair of police officers find you, one with long stringy brown hair down to his shoulders and wearing aviator sunglasses, at night no less. The other is a bald man with a greying goatee and thick framed glasses. Whether you follow them peacefully is up to you, but the end is the same. They are not what they seem, and they capture you, drugging you unconscious, only for you to wake up and find yourself in the back of some sort of van, your wrists handcuffed to a thick rail behind you. Your powers are somehow suppressed to the point where you can only barely manifest them in any way. You seem to be trapped...for now…

---

NEW MECHANIC

I will introduce various mechanics throughout the game to make things more interesting. They shouldn't necessarily change the way that you roleplay too much, and there are ways that you can use these mechanics to your advantage.

The first mechanic is the MORALITY SYSTEM. Some actions that you perform will change your moral stance either to the light or the dark. The main effect of this mechanic is some NPCs may view you in different ways. With a light morality, you may be able to gain the assistance of an NPC, or with a dark morality you could intimidate them into getting something out of them. Each has their own benefits. However, your morality state does not mean that your effect on NPCs is set in stone, through your writing you can influence them to believe certain things about them, such as portraying your character with a dark morality rating as being misunderstood, and only doing "evil" in order to help and save people for example. Your morality will be listed through points kept in the main OOC thread as a + or -, plus being for light morality and a negative for dark.

I will include the morality section in the OP along with several other goodies. as soon as I redo the CSS and clean some things up a bit.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Ok. I will try to get a post up at some point to day. Already have a basic idea for the first post. Now I just need to sit down and type it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really really love the Morality System. It reminds me of Fable. Sorry I didn't get a post up today, but I will by this weekend. With the morality system, I really can't wait to start. Although I have read about the whole thing yet. Just saw a few pieces of it. But I will make sure to read it all before posting.

Years
  • Right, so I actually had a few things to say about the whole systems thing.

First of all, the TLDR version of the Morality system is that if you do bad stuff, NPCs wont like/trust you. Good stuff, and they will be more likely to trust you. But each has advantages and disadvantages.

Other than that, the other thing I had to say was essentially that its important to keep in mind that all the systems put in place are very subject to change. A lot of what I am doing with this roleplay is setting the scene for a much more fleshed out sequel where I do take some of the systems and put them in from the beginning. So a lot of these are a kind of trial run, just seeing what works and what doesn't. So if you guys have a problem with anything in particular, don't be afraid to speak up!

On top of that, I'm going to advance the plot tomorrow, giving something for the more active of you to do. It won't be anything that others cant catch up with however :D

Years
  • Alright, reminder to IcyIce, Retro, and Varys to post. So far its only been Godzil. As soon as one more person does post, I'll put up another post of what will happen next, as I would like to get this thing moving.

Also, Shattered, still need that SU :P

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Will do so real soon. I'm really swamped nowadays with academics and extracurriculars the only RP I can really check is Trumpets and PMD :( Will try to have a post before I go to school.

Years
  • No problem Varys, so long as you are working on it! I'm pretty lax as a GM so long as I know that everyone still wants to keep going.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yep, sorry, I'll have my post up soon, especially since it's not the most complicated post (for me, at least).

Years
  • Hey, just a reminder guys. Varys and Retro, you guys still need to post. If you guys like, I can keep going with a post of my own to give you guys more to write about, although that might involve a small bit of bunnying. Thoughts?

I would like to get this going, if only to let the two others who have posted something to do.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Hey, just a reminder guys. Varys and Retro, you guys still need to post. If you guys like, I can keep going with a post of my own to give you guys more to write about, although that might involve a small bit of bunnying. Thoughts?

I would like to get this going, if only to let the two others who have posted something to do.

Yikes, yeah, I'll have my post up in 24-48 hours if that's too long of a wait, be my guest and go ahead and move forward. I don't won't to hold back anything! :)

Back