• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JadeX OU Team

JadeX

Prince
Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Thanks for everyone who helped out in my team especially
    Firewolf , Aurafire , DarkAzelf , Alternative and Freaklokz .

You can just lock this thread , it gives too much information away during wi-fi battle =X

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Just use Fire Blast > Fire Fang on Mence and 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe with either Naive or Naughty depending on your preference. This lets you OHKO 252 HP / 0 Sp Def Skarm 100% of the time. Also hits past reflect so Scizor and Forretress don't have a chance.

I'd also put Recover > Grass Knot on Starmie, recovery will be more beneficial in the long run, plus your team doesn't have too much trouble with Swampert if you play around it correctly.

Otherwise, pretty solid and no glaring weaks. Well done I'd say.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Umm, Vaccum Wave/Flamethrower doesnt "end" Aero at all. Its like a 4hko on Aero if that lol

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Aurafire>
    Noted =D Will change my Salamence EVs to 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe with Fire Blast instead of Fire Fang .
    Hmm, I haven't really encounter a Swampert before and I was looking through my team and I think that water/ground pokemon could wreck havoc on my team .
    If that's the case , I'll put in Thunder Wave for crippling the enemy instead of Grass Knot . Thanks =D

Dark Azelf>
    Erm , what I'm trying to say is that when battling with a lead Aerodactyl ,
    Aerodactyl are faster , I'll just start a battle straight with Fake Out ( though it doesn't do much damage ) and then Flamethrower . It doesn't kills Aerodactyl yet but if Aerodactly uses Stealth Rock , I could save my Infernape from being scratch by ending the battle with Vacuum Wave . If Aerodactly uses Taunt , I'll be attacking repeatly with Flamethrower so Aerodactyl then the battle would begin with my Infernape unharm , but with Stealth Rock set against my team . Of course , I might have to let go Stealth Rock ( or maybe set up Stealth Rock after Aerodactyl faints because the next pokemon sent out are usually able to take down Infernape easily )
    Unless the opponent saw through this trick and begin straight attack to counter my Infernape .

Anyway , I'm thinking of removing Heatran and replace Heatran with Gengar ( Sub , Pain Split , Shadow Ball , Focus Blast ) because I realised that a 132 Speed .
    I wanted to add Explosion in for Gengar but wouldn't know what attack to take out .
    Agility Gross could outspeed my Heatran so it's the same , once Agility is set up , Heatran's a goner .
    Starmie is able to whistand 1 Dragon Dance Gyrados and counter with Thunderbolt so
    Replacing Jirachi's Thunder Punch with Fire Punch . If Infernape lives , I might be able to attack back with Vaccuum Wave and hopefully ends Metagross , if not , I'm a goner . lol

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I'd use the offensive rapid spinner set for Starmie with 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with Surf/Thunderbolt/Rapid Spin/Recover. And ugh never use Flamethrower on Aerodactyl it resists it :>. After setting up SR, it can Earthquake you to bring you to your Sash as well and Infernape will die by switching in due to Stealth Rock (if you don't spin it away)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Your Infernape spread is wrong. You want 252 SpA / 196 Spe / 64 Atk and Close Combat > Vacuum Wave

Also, Gengar isn't bulky enough to be running Pain Split and Sub. Just replace them with T-Bolt and Explosion. Starmie can take on status anyway.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Sub + Pain Split Gengar is awesome because it can outstall Blissey, it's #1 counter. Explosion Gar sucks anyway, HP Fire >> Explosion if you are using the standard LO Gar.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Fire Wolf> The offensive Starmie is nice , but it's abit frail . Maybe I'll take off the EVs for Defense and add it to Special Attack instead .

Alternative> <s> I wanted to try something different from Infernape . I'm fully aware Close Combat is indeed stronger than Vaccuum Wave by alot .
    Vaccuum Wave allows Infernape to finish off Aerodactyl before it lay down its attack after a Fire Blast , and also hits faster than prior pokemon ( Like Scizor who they think they could Bullet Punch Infernape without taking any hits ) . Fake Out + Fire Blast is great enough to wear down 0 HP and 0 Def Aerodactyl and if they survived , Vacuum Wave would finish them the next turn where they thought mine was a Close Combat Infernape , they wouldn't switch out and would continue to attack with Aerodactyl. </s> I've just tried it with an Aerodactyl and Fire Blast + Fake Out still doesn't does enough damage for Vacuum Wave to kill it . Looks like I underestimated Aerodactyl . I just thought a 0 EV Sp. Defense + HP couldn't stand up against a Max EV Fire Blast =(

Anyway , I don't really know how to use a Sub + Pain Split Gengar so I decided to use back Heatran for now .

Thanks for all your advice . Deeply appreciated .
    Anyway , might go for Azelf as lead again .

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I'm aware of yur reasonings for using Vacuum Wave, but as elf said, it does lol damage to Aero, and Scizor. You'd be better off using Close Combat, and the EV sread I gve you. And you'd have to be dumb to switch Scizor into Infernape.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Umm can we please elaborate as to why things suck ? Explosion Gengar does NOT suck. OHKOing Blissey aka its biggest counter and packing a massive punch really doesn't suck. :/

And you seem to be missing the point. Infernape is meant to KO Aero after Fake Put with CC, with V-Wave/Fake Out and Flamethrower doing like 2 damage Aero just Taunts you and KO's your lead. >_>

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Oh thanks Dark Azelf and Alternative , the Close Combat Infernape does work better than Vaccuum Wave =D

Need some help here .
    Thinking of removing Starmie and Heatran for Foretress ( For Spinner as well as Spiker ) and a Water Pokemon . Maybe Gyrados ? or an Offensive Scarf Starmie / Scarf Latias / Swampert ( to roar ) . Would it be better ?

Last edited by a moderator:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Bulky Starmie w/o Recover is lol. Grass Knot over TBolt but works best on Anti-Lead Starmie. But if you have nowhere else to get a Grass move in you can keep it. Offensive Starmie is probably best. You could Hydro Pump > Surf if you wish. I'd put a few of those HP and/or Defense EVs into Special Attack.

Fire Wolf

Years
  • Don't use Scarf Starmie/Scarf Latias, both are pursuit bait. If you wish to use Forretress for Spikes, get a Ghost because any Spikes team needs a spin blocker.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Hmmm , okay . I'll just go with the offensive Starmie ( Surf , Thunderbolt , Rapid Spin , Grass Knot ) , EV252 SP.atk , 216 Speed , 42 HP with Life Orb .
    Or should I max the EV speed to 252 ?
    I need Grass Knot for Swampert if not Swampert totally wall my Starmie .
    I took off Ice Beam because DD Salamence still OHKO my Bulky Spinning Starmie , and rather find Grass Knot useful .

Anyway , without Bulky rapid Spin Starmie , I think I would have more problem switching Pokemon .

I'm wondering if there's any good Pokemon to counter Agility Gross ?
    I think Scarf Heatran couldn't match the speed of a Agility Gross after a AGility with 130+ Speed EV ...

I just realised I have Heatran to deal with Swampert with Earth Power .
    Should I take out Grass Knot for Psychic for Machamp ? (though Machamp are probably raised in Sp.Def ) .
    I just met one Machamp in a battle and had abit of a problem .

Last edited:
    Back