• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | IC Thread

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years

• Oldale Town
    -where the contrast between colorful flowers and deep, verdant forests is most beautiful-​

Oldale Town is largely similar to Littleroot Town as they are both nested too deeply inside the region. It is the second smallest city in the region, with a population of only fifty something. However, it makes up for large spaces in the area, especially the park in the city center.

There are no requirements in the city. However, there will be a few missions for you to do which gives out nice rewards. Don't worry on missing out on rewards. These items will be given out to you on later events.

Available Missions:
    Spoiler:

Route 103
    -on weekends and holidays, fishing enthusiasts flock to every section of coastline on this seaside route-​

The route has short patches of grass here and there but what is prominent is the body of water. It cannot be traversed as the waves beyond the shore are too strong unless you already have a strong water-type Pokemon. The trainers that can be found here are mostly fishermen and youngsters.

Available Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Route 102
    -many Trainers gather on this route in the hope of encountering Pokémon in the wild-​

Route 102 is a relatively long route, connecting the small city of Oldale to the sprawling facade of Petalburg. The route is lined with berry trees although most are still on the higher part of the trees. Seldom, berries will litter the floor but they are consumed by the wild Pokemon before trainers could get them. Trainers on this route are youngsters and lasses.

Available Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    004.png

Abertina Jack
    Littleroot Town

A breeze made the grass wave at the duo as they entered Littleroot Town. Abertina Jack moved her long, reddish hair out of her face and took a deep breath of the fresh air.

"You'd think Oldale was a place in touch with nature, but Littleroot is one step further, don't you think?" she said cheerfully. When she didn't get a reply, she looked to her left, where the little fire lizard stood awkwardly with its arms wrapped around itself. Worry glazed its big, green eyes.

"Hey," she said, poking its head and making it blink at her. "This is fun! You're not in jail, for starters!"

That reminder didn't seem to ease the lizard's mood. Nevertheless, it followed its new trainer as she explored what was possibly the only town in Hoenn that was bigger than her own. Eventually, she reached her destination: the pokémon laboratory.

"Run by professor Birch, if I recall correctly!" the redhead said and motioned for Charmander to enter the sliding doors at the entrance in front of her.

The place was not as fresh and official as you'd expect the base of the leading pokémon research team of a region to be - but then again, this was Hoenn and nothing was ever as fresh and official as you'd expect it to be. At least not if you were a foreigner. Abertina Jack was fully comfortable in the sort of regular corridor she walked through in order to reach the main office. It turned out to be a great hall, with bookshelves dividing the room at regular intervals, machines lining the walls and desks with computers and endless piles of notebooks sitting here and there. People looking important in labcoats or suits gave Abertina Jack looks as she briskly marched into the room, having spotted the most important man of all sitting at the most cluttered desk at the deepest corner of the bright room.

The brown haired, healthily round man looked up just before the girl came to a stop on the other side of the desk.

"Professor Birch!" she announced.

"Yes, hello?" he said, standing up.

"I've come to request a pokédex and a license to start my journey as a pokémon trainer and take on the gyms!"

The professor lightened up a bit. "Ah, of course. Welcome! Although, you seem..."

"What?"

"A little bit older than most applicants, I guess."

She shrugged. "I've been busy until now. But I met this fellow and it seemed like a good time to kick off a journey and learn something about the world. Isn't that right, Charmander?"

The guilt ridden pokémon waddled up behind her, but didn't look up at the humans. Professor Birch's eyes widened. "Is that... Really?"

"A Charmander, I know! We don't have those in the wild much here, so I was pretty surprised to find it. Maybe some trainer had left it or-"

"It's mine!"

Abertina Jack was left hanging, mouth open, for a moment. Then, she stuttered: "Wha-what?"

"It's the Charmander who escaped my labs last week! I thought it would be dead in the wilderness by now, or captured for sure!"

"Is that true?" She looked from the pokémon to the man and at last, Charmander gave her a sigh and a smile.

"He's a rascal. Difficult to train, always daydreaming or fighting with the other pokémon," Birch said, arms crossed over his chest. "I was thinking of giving it back to the breeding grounds that raised him, when he suddenly was gone from Littleroot-"

"Aha, that's it!" Abertina Jack exclaimed. "He overheard you saying you were going to give him back, so he ran away! Isn't that so?" she added towards the lizard, who looked down at his feet silently. "Poor thing! And then you accidentally set off the fire and-"

"What fire?" Birch asked, now suspicious.

"Oh, nothing. It's all good now. Because he didn't die in the wilderness and no random trainer caught him."

"Well..." Birch said, giving her a look.

"I'm not random. I'm me. And me is going to train Charmander to become the best there ever was. You'll see!"

Charmander looked up at the humans. He still wasn't sure that he wanted to become a trainer's pet, but he would really not want to go back to the breeding grounds either... And he did feel guilty about ruining Abertina's job. So he would be her pokémon. He tugged the professor's shorts and gave the man a determined look.

"Huh. Seems the creature has made up its mind after all," Birch said, almost amused. "Alright then. Charmander is yours. And so is this."

He handed her a red device that she recognized as a trainer's pokédex, along with a proper license at last, and some shiny pokéballs for capturing pokémon.

"By the way, what was your name?" Birch asked.

"Jack!" she replied happily. "Abertina Jack."

"Alright, Jack... Good luck."

A few minutes later, they were back in the fresh air of Littleroot again. She sat down on a bench and pulled up the map that was included in this version of the pokédex.

"Fancy!" she exclaimed. "And I've been using paper maps for so long... Hmm. Where should we go, now?"

Charmander crawled up on the bench beside her, ever so careful not to let his burning tail touch the wood as he sat down.

"We're supposed to take on the gyms, so... The closest one is in Petalburg City. That's where we'll go! It's not too far from Oldale, so we'll travel through my hometown first, maybe stock up on some stuff at home and such. What do you say, Charmander?"

He didn't reply, merely leaned his head to the side and looked at her.

"You're going to Oldale?" a voice came, making them both look up. A boy was standing in front of them. A teenager with seemingly green hair. In his hand, he held a pokéball. "I'm going too, and I've heard it's not far to the north but... Care to show the way?"

225px-VSAce_Trainer_M_ORAS.png

He looked nice. A bit self confident, perhaps, but kind and happy enough to not be an immediate threat, Jack figured. "Sure!" she said, standing up quickly to hold out a hand. "Always nice to meet new people! You're a trainer?"

"Yes. Oscar is the name. What's yours?"

She smiled. "Jack, my name is Jack!"

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • VSPok%C3%A9mon_Breeder_F.png

387.gif
    Mother Nature

With a little self confidence, Seraphine and Turtwig both left the lab, and she made her way out of Littleroot Town. In a very odd way, this reminds me of home, she thought to herself. She knew that eventually she'd have to capture pokemon, and hey, why not start now?

"Are you ready Buddy?" Seraphine asked her partner.

She looked across to the sign of Route 201, and it felt like ages, despite it only being minutes ago. Her Pokemon cried in glee, and both of them proceed on with their way. She knew that this time, she couldn't avoid the grass, so she decided to take the risk and walk in the grass. Although her Pokemon seemed to nearly sink into the grass, Seraphine stood tall, keeping her eyes peeled until she saw something jump in front of them.

540.gif

"A Sewaddle!" Seraphine exclaimed as she drew out her pokedex.

Her Turtwig took his position, ready to fight off the bug. Actually, to Seraphine, this Sewaddle didn't look like it wanted to fight at all. Buddy gave out a battle cry and he charged to the bug, but it released out a string web at the Pokemon, and wrapped poor Turtwig in a cocoon. Seraphine stood speechless, unable to do much for her pokemon.

"Try using a Seed Bomb!"

Her Turtwig tried to thaw out, but it was unsuccessful. The Sewaddle then charged at Buddy, and sank its teeth to her Pokemon. He gave out a cry, and Seraphine tried to think of what to do.

"Superpower Buddy!"

Her pokemon became engulfed in light and managed to thaw out the string shot, and he hurled himself at the bug. It wasn't very effective as Turtwig tired from it, but at least the Sewaddle was also getting exhausted. Sewaddle tried releasing another String Shot, but this time, Seraphine was ready.

"Now Buddy! Seed Bomb again!"

Turtwig hurled a seed at the string, which became mixed with the string, and it aimed directly to the bug. As soon as the attack hit, the Swaddle swayed around, exhausted. Seraphine hurried on to her satchel and drew out a pokeball, and threw it at the bug. It was engulfed in light and she waited for the ball to shake, hoping what she did was enough.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [Route 1 - Littleroot Town]

Mako Vernon
    650.png

Mako happily trekked up the grassy path that winded up the road. It certainly was exciting, knowing that he was on a wondrous journey across the region. Part of the excitement was not knowing what was going to happen, and what new adventures he would experience. Okay, Oldale Town is beyond this first route. He didn't exactly plan out how long it would take him to get to Oldale Town, but he figured he would just let things unfold for now. He continued to walk up the path, until something feel right in front of him, onto the ground. Startled, Mako took a jump back, but then looked at the ground and saw an Oran Berry. He looked up at a nearby tree, and observed. He didn't find anything, but after a few more seconds, a small furry Pokémon jumped out, landing on the ground in front of him, picking up the Oran Berry, using it's oddly shaped tail. The Pokemon stood there, looking at Mako. Taking out his Dex, Mako held it up at the Pokémon.

Aipom, The Long Tail Pokémon. Aipom's tail ends in a hand-like appendage that can be cleverly manipulated. However, because the Pokémon uses its tail so much, its real hands have become rather clumsy. Mako looked back at the Aimpom, and took out his Pokéball. He figured this would have been the perfect chance to catch a Pokémon for the road. "Alright, go, Pine!" he threw the ball, sending out his Chespin, who readied itself for a fight, as it stared down the Aipom. "Pine, use Vine Whip!" With a quick reflex, the Chespin sent out a whip-like vine at the Aipom, who was busy eating the berry, knocking it out of its hand, and knocking the Aipom backwards. Ha! Direct hit! Aipom stood up, and suddenly lunged forwards, swiping Chespin with its paw, leaving scratch marks near its belly and causing him to fall to the ground. "Wow...it's fast..." He muttered, as he looked at Pine. "Okay Pine, quick, use another Vine Whip!" He commanded, as Chespin regained its posture from the previous attack, sending out another vine, hitting the Aipom and causing it to fall to the ground. Mako observed to see if it was going to get up, but luckily, it stayed there for a few second,s before weakly getting up. "Pine, use Leech Seed!" With a final move, Pine sent out a small seed near Aipom, that suddenly grew into thin, string-like vines, wrapping around the Aipom. Struggling, the monkey Pokémon cried, as it fell to the ground from the engulfing growth of vines. Now's my chance! Mako took off his backpack, and dug around to pull out a Pokeball. He held it in his hands, and looked at the Aipom, and threw it as hard as he could, until it became engulfed in a red light, and retreated into the Pokeball. Mako watched, as the ball tilted back and forth, waiting for the Pokemon to give up its struggle in getting out.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • VSPok%C3%A9mon_Breeder_F.png

387.gif
    540.gif
    Welcome to Oldale Town

The pokeball shook once. It shook twice. Sweat drained at the back of Seraphine's neck, anxious of the Sewaddle inside. Her breath stopped short at the third shake, and she froze when it stopped shaking. Is it... She sighed in relief as she heard a slight clicking noise come from the pokeball, and Turtwig instantly walked up to the pokeball and nudged it with his head. Seraphine went up with nervous steps and she picked it up, and a grin settled on her face. She then released the Sewaddle from the pokeball. It popped out, slightly confused for a few seconds, but then looked upon Seraphine.

"Welcome to the team Sewaddle!"

She drew out her pokedex to scan the Sewaddle, and in a female monotonic voice, cripsly stated:

Sewaddle, the sewing Pokémon. This Pokémon makes clothes for itself. It chews up leaves and sews them with sticky thread extruded from its mouth.

Seraphine then tampered with the pokedex, reading the provided infor about this specific Sewaddle.

Ability: Swarm
    Movesets: Bug Bite, String Shot, Tackle, Razor Leaf

The Sewaddle tried to jump, awed by the strange device she saw. Seraphine noticed this and bended down for her newest member to see. She cried out in glee, although she didn't understood much about it, besides that it could talk.

"Mind if I call you Persephone?"

All Sewaddle did was blink at her new trainer, and Turtwig cocked his head to the side. Seraphine frowned, but she knew that the name wasn't her best. She forced a smile upon her, and briefly, she wondered what her grandmother would do.

She has that spunk in her, lots of it. She's a Cassia to me.

She sighed to herself, her grandmother's words causing relief and a hole in her heart. She tried not to think much about all the work that had to be done at the farm, and she put the pokedex back inside her satchel.

"Is Cassia better?"

Sewaddle nodded, grateful that her name wasn't too complex or anything eccentric. Buddy was just happy that there was one more Pokemon on board. Seraphine smiled, and she picked up both of them, and carried them off deeper in the route. She avoided the tall grass, knowing that one pokemon was enough. Besides, she had to get somewhere soon before dusk. She started to hum, feeling giddy inside that she had did something, at least for her grandmother. She was hoping that soon she could drop by the farm, and maybe stay there too. It wasn't long before she was back in Oldale Town, a lesser version of Littleroot Town. There seemed to be more trainers here than the town south of them, which made Seraphine get a bit shaky. She shrugged it off, and she immediately rushed in the Pokemon Center, hoping for a mini break. Both Buddy and Sewaddle jumped out of her arms, already in session to play around.

"Don't make a ruckus now," she said, a grin spreading across her.

She wondered what her grandmother would say now.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Observations

Alice
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Pokédex
    Spoiler:

Click!
    The sound filled Alice with pride. I caught a Lillipup! She exclaimed as she picked up the Pokéball. She continued her march forward, sometimes stopping to watch other trainers battle.

There had been a boy with a Torchic whom had been attempting to capture an Aipom. Alice had seen the Pokémon break free after a couple shakes, but she kept moving so she didn't get to see if the Pokémon was caught in the end.

Another boy with a Froakie whom was battling with a Zorua, he had thrown a Pokéball after having Froakie use Lick on it. Alice tried to hide her amusement as the Zorua taunted the boy after breaking free. She moved on quickly before the boy noticed her laughing at him.

A third boy, this one had a squirtle. He was battling a Zigzagoon. He was playing the battlefield like a deck of cards, analyzing his opponent before striking. He caught the Pokémon in a single attempt. Alice shouted a congratulations, as seemed appropriate, before continuing onwards.

A red haired girl with a Tepig finally broke the chain of male trainers, and Alice stopped to watch her battle against a Poochyena. After a little while the girl had thrown a Pokéball that made that memorable click! After shouting her seemingly standard congratulations, Alice moved on...

Eventually Alice saw smoke rising above the treetops up ahead. We're almost there Chompy! Alice smiled as she began to skip towards the town, Chompy at her heels.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Noah Victons

656.gif
    570.gif

The Ruby of Oldale

Click.

The Zoura had been caught. Noah was filled with pride. He had caught his first Pokemon in the Hoenn region, and it was a Zoura.

It was time to head back to Littleroot Town and return Lola to the old man. Noah scooped up the unconscious Bunneary in his arms and began to carefully hop down the ledges. Many other trainers were on the route now. Two boys caught an Aipom and Zigzagoon respectively, and a girl battled and caught a Poochyenna. Most of these battles had already happened, and everyone seemed to be headed in the general direction of Oldale Town.

Indigo and Zoura trailed behind him, communicating with eachother and occasionally stopping to socialize with a Zigzagoon or Wurmple. It was a long walk back, mainly because of these frequent breaks. Eventually, they arrived in Littleroot Town. Indigo spotted the elderly man and bounded over to him. Noah and Zoura followed from a few feet behind.

"Ah, you've returned with my dear Lola!" exclaimed the man. "Thank you very much. Now, I don't believe I ever got your name. I am called Gregory."

Noah laid the unconscious Bunneary down on the soft grass. She seemed to be waking up now. "I'm Noah," he said. "This is Indigo and... uhh..."

Noah's voice wavered. He was yet to give the Zoura a name. She stared up at him, slightly confused. He looked at her shiny black and red fur. The name Ruby came into his head, and he kind of liked it.

"How about Ruby?" he asked to the Zoura, kneeling down. "Do you like that name?"

Zoura nodded.

"Alright, this is Ruby!" called Noah, now standing straight and facing Lola's elderly owner.

"That is an appealing name," he responded. "That is all I have to say, go ahead and do what you were planning on, Noah, I think it was!"

With that, Noah and his companions set foot onto Route 101. (after Indigo was convinced to stop trying to fly like a Tailow and jumping from the treetops) The walk to Oldale Town was just like the walk to Littleroot, slow and uneventful. But soon, they were there, in the next town.

The next part of the journey began here, in Oldale Town.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Clayton Clark - Route 101 - V.S. Evil Buneary​

As i sent out my newly caught Aipom, both mine and Turbo's puzzled face came back again. After 2 minutes of silence, i speak up. "How about to call you Handy?" Aipom cheers. "Welcome to the team Handy!" Turbo and Handy leave me behind to go near a Buneary.

They were admiring the rabbit pokemon. But the rabbit pokemon had an evil grin...

Then the Buneary used Furstration. "Holly..." Before i could finish, Buneary uses Quick Attack on me. This pokemon is though. Is going to be mine.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Mia Fiore – An Old Beginning​
    Leaves gently swayed above Mia's head, as she slowly inched closer and closer to Littleroot town. Walking beside her was her trusted pet turned partner, Carter, who seemed to be getting tired of all the hopping. Of course, this was because Mia had decided to take the fast track down route 101, which just so happened to involve… ledges. While it was convenient in that she didn't even have to think about fighting any wild Pokémon, the very regular hopping made it quite a bit more tiring than just walking. However, Mia didn't take notice of their growing fatigue. She was too busy watching various people running up and down the route, some in a hurry, others not so much.

Eventually, Mia noticed something different about the ground she was walking on. The dirt path below her feet was now concrete, while the grass all around her was replaced with bright and colourful gardens. She had finally arrived in Littleroot town… A cool breeze wafted through the quiet town, which was a strange sight for Mia. She was more used to the hustle and bustle of large cities, like Mauville. The peace and quiet was almost unsettling to her. Briefly resting under a tree atop a hill, Mia spoke to her partner. "This was where he started his journey, Carter. And it's where we're going to start ours."

After catching their breath, the two strolled into Littleroot town. Mia's first goal was to find Professor Birch's lab, as it was where she had to register for the gym challenge. However, this was easier said than done. Despite the town being much, much smaller, Mia was just as lost in Littleroot town as she was back home. Holding onto her map tightly, she began to wander aimlessly past multiple buildings. "So the map says… umm, is it over there?" As Mia's search began to grow in time, her mind began to grow in frustration.

"COME ON! HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO FIND A SINGLE BUILDING?" She shouted, almost loud enough for the entire town to hear.

Stopping in front of a building that was slightly larger than the rest, Mia searched over her map one last time. But she still had no idea where she, or the Professor's Lab, was. "This map would be more useful as ash." She growled, before releasing her grip on the map. "CARTER! USE EMBER ON THIS STUPID MAP." As it slowly floated down to the ground, Carter unleashed a small barrage of flames onto the paper. The sheet of paper was quickly devoured by the flames, disappearing into nothingness. "Well that solved… nothing." She sighed, as she tried to figure out what to do next.

Unbeknownst to Mia, someone had been watching her ordeal for quite a while. A young woman watched on from the distance in hysterics. After calming down, the young woman called out to Mia. "You wouldn't happen to be looking for Birch's lab, would you? Because it's right behind you." She laughed. Mia turned around in disbelief, and sure enough, Professor Birch's Pokémon Lab had been RIGHT NEXT to her. She quickly ran around to the front of the Lab, trying to save herself from the continued embarrassment.

Upon entering the Lab, Mia noticed that the building was very cluttered. Papers were scattered over various tables and floors, books were placed randomly around the room, various cables were tangled together. She had heard that Professor Birch preferred to work in a messy environment, but this was ridiculous. Her feet quickly danced around all of the boxes on the floor, walking past various strange, beeping devices. Eventually, she found the professor leaning over a desk while clutching onto a blood-stained cloth. But before she could say anything, Prof. Birch turned to face her. "You wouldn't happen to be looking for me, would you?" He asked, with a large grin on his face. "Yeah, I am." As she said this, the professor quickly flicked through a couple folders on his desk. "You're…. Mia, I presume?" Professor Birch responded, holding up a file with her name and picture on it.

Mia nodded towards the man, who then shuffled through a pile of junk. "Now where did I... A-hah! There it is." He pulled out a small, black and white device. "I believe this is your Pokédex. The Pokédex is an amazing invention, capable of documenting information on every last species of Pokémon." Birch quickly placed the Pokédex, as well as 5 Pokéball into Mia's hands, being careful not to break anything. "And, not only does it have a built in map, and mp3 system, but it also counts as your official registration into the Gym Circuit." Having already placed all of the Pokéballs into her satchel, Mia began fiddling with the Pokédex. "Would you like a tutorial on how to use it?" The professor eagerly asked. "No thanks, I'll be able to figure this thing out on my own." She said, still trying to turn it on.

After a brief silence, Mia was prepared to leave the building, but was interrupted when the professor spoke again. "Hey uhh, I heard some shouting going on earlier. Everything alright out there?" Crap… Professor Birch had heard her outburst earlier, and was now questioning her on it. "Oh… Uhh… Yeah. Some crazy girl was shouting all over the place. She definitely wasn't me. She's stopped now anyway, so I don't really know why we still need to be talking about it." She nervously laughed, prompting a very confused "Okay?" to come from the professor. And before either of them could talk again, Mia sprinted out the door.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Getting things done.

Alice
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Pokédex
    Spoiler:

Oldale town

Your Pokémon are all healed miss. Nurse joy smiled. Much appreciated. Alice replied. After stepping away from the counter, Alice reached into her purse and grabbed the Pokéball containing the newly caught Lillipup. "Lill-i-pup!" The Pokémon exclaimed happily. Well? What did I tell you? Good as new right? Alice laughed. The puppy Pokémon replied by leaping into the air and leaving a thick trail of saliva down the side of the girls face. "Awww... thats uh... sweet of you... [/color] Alice chuckled nervously. Chompy stared at the girl with his head tilted. Absolutely not!Alice growled at the giggling Pokémon. Alice turned back to the Lillipup who was chasing her own tail. Uh... Well what should we call you... How about Furry? Alice asked. "Lill-i?!!" The puppy Pokémon gasped in horror. You like it too huh? Alice smiled sweetly. "Toto Toto..." Chompy sighed to Furry, an expression that probably meant something along the lines of:"I know how you feel." But could have equally meant: "I'm going to eat your face."

Alice saw an old man sitting on a bench looking depressed. Can I help you? [/color='aqua'] Alice asked. Hm? Oh dear... See I'm supposed to be helping capture Pokémon for New trainers here in Oldale... However Ziggy here is too tired to battle anymore... Hey! If you can catch five Poochyena I have this moon stone you could have. The man smiled faintly. Why not? Alice smiled back.

Route 102

Alice stoped to catch her breath. She had figured it would be easy to catch a couple Poochyena, but so far...
    Suddenly a patch of black fur cut her off mid sentance. Alright! Chompy, let's do this. Alice called pointing towards the wild Poochyena. The Pokémon leaped forward and snapped its jaws a few times whilst jumping up and down. Slow him down with Ice fang! Alice ordered. The big jaws Pokémon happily clamped his teeth over the Poochyena's head. The Pokémon shook himself around, using what could have been frustration. Water gun! Alice smirked, unconcerned with the wild Pokémon attack. Chompy let out a blast of water without letting go of the Pokémon, the pressure launching him into the air. Now use Scratch from above! Alice shouted. The blue Pokémon flung itself down and slashed its claws across the Poochyena's back. The wild Pokémon stared at Alice as she tossed the old man's Pokéballs at the it. The ball shook whilst in the air and landed with a...
    Click!

It wasn't long after that when Alice spotted Poochyena's number two. Let's switch it up this time! Furry! Thunder fang! Alice shouted, having read the Lillipups attacks on the Pokédex. The furry dog Pokémon leaped forward and clamped its electrified fangs over the Poochyena's middle, sending paralyzing volts through the wild Pokémon. Alice tossed a Pokéballs and it shook three times before going Click!

Alice kept walking through the tall grass, searching for Poochyena. Number three was sleeping beneath a tree when Chompy blasted it with Water gun. Annoyed at the rude awakening, the Pokémon leaped forward and. clamped its teeth over Chompy's arm. Annoyed and, surprised that he was on the receiving end of the teeth for once, Chompy's scratched at the wild Pokémon several times before blasting it with Water for good measure. Chompy's was about to eat the wild Pokémon when Alice tossed a Pokéball, capturing the Pokémon before Chompy got out of control.

The fourth Poochyena attacked Alice as she pried the Pokéball out of Chompy's mouth. Chompy, still infuriated, wasted no time sinking his jaws into this new opponent. A continuous onslaught of Bite and Ice gang attacks left both Pokémon weakened, and Alice was able to capture a fourth Poochyena, and recall Chompy's before he did any serious harm.

Furry and Alice were resting beneath a tree watching the sun move through the sky. An hour had passed since she had seen any Poochyena. She had noticed several other trainers battling them, and she began to wonder if they were going to hurt the ecosystem by capturing so many of the same kind of Pokémon off of one route. Of course, Alice wasn't really concerned with this and she knew that Poochyena's were the Hoenn equivalent of Sentret. They're would always be more. She sighed and closed her eyes. "Lilli" Furry suddenly barked. Alice lazily opened one eye and saw Furry facing the fifth, and final Poochyena. Oh? Good job buddy! Double team!Alice yawned. Suddenly mirage copies of Furry appeared, surrounding the Poochyena. The Poochyena's leaped forward and sunk its teeth into a copy, causing it to fade. Quick attack! Alice remarked, grinning slightly. Furry, and all the copies, smashed into the wild Poochyena. The copies faded as they came into contact, but Furry hit with full force. Poochyena's growled as Furry launched it backwards. Suddenly the Poochyena's used quick attack, and was met by Furry doing the same. The two Pokémon were colored blurs, smashing into each other again and again. Suddenly both blurs were solid forms again, locked in a bite battle. Protect Alice hollered. A barrier formed around Furry, bouncing the wild Pokémon off. Alice watched as it struggled to get up and sent the final Pokéball sailing.

With five Pokéballs in her purse, Alice set off to find the old man and claims her reward...

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Clayton Clark - Route 101 - Frustrating Trouble​

As Buneary continued to use Frustration on Handy, Turbo got up mad. And when Turbo gets mad, no charm can calm down until he thinks it's enough. He tried a Night Slash on Buneary, throwing the poor pokemon to the tree. Then he used Crush Claw, making a big wound on Buneary. He tries to use Flame Burst on Buneary again.

Handy who finally figured out the trick went for a Foul Play. The pokemon was already hurt, but with this strike, she gives a big cry of pain. I threw the pokeball. If i catch Buneary i must take the pokemon to the Pokemon Center. If i don't, i must take the pokemon to the Pokemon Center. I think my fellas exaggerated. The Pokeball started to shake...

'Please stay inside...' I was thinking.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Gelius3

The Pokeball opened again after the first shake. Buneary seemed to be confused and shaken by what happened. It staggered a little as it tried to stay upright, its tiny legs wobbling. The pain is evident in her eyes and it was a real surprise it managed to get out of the ball with the damage it just withstood. However, it stood defiant in front of Turbo and Handy, and slowly dragged itself forward to execute another Frustration.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Clayton Clark - Route 101 - For a hurt pokemon, it hurts like never...​

The Buneary used Frustration and makes wounds really bad on Turbo and Handy. It can manages to deal with 2 pokemon at once! And then she tries to do a Jump Kick. She hits my belly. I raised my hand in the air and fell in pain.

Buneary executes another Jump Kick on Torchic. Torchic cries in pain. Buneary does an evil smile. Then she does Quick Attack on Handy. Handy in response, jumped and fell on top of Buneary with Slam. Then he strikes with Foul Play. I got up to see what was happening. Handy had just hit Buneary.

Turbo uses Flame Burst and hits on Buneary. Buneary then used Frustration, but Turbo evaded. Handy uses Fury Swipes at the Buneary and the Buneary cries. Then he goes for a Quick Attack, sending Buneary to the tree.

Trubo uses Night Slash and Buneary was suffering even more. Then, when Turbo hits with Crush Claw on Buneary, i saw that the Buneary was suffering a lot. And that i was not commanding my pokemon due the lack of focus.

I pick another pokeball (The 5th i waste, because on my first attempt of catching Handy, he threw one of my Pokeball far away, maybe its falling in the head of someone now). I threw the pokeball. Buneary gets in it again. The ball was shaking.

(OOC: I hope is enough... 226 words...)

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Mia Fiore – Engage the Enemy: Part 1​
    "Nope, that didn't do it. And neither did that… or that… Ugh, why didn't this come with a manual?" Mia muttered to herself. She had been trying to get the Pokédex to work for what felt like decades, but no matter what she tried, it just wouldn't turn on. As much as she hated to admit, Mia knew that not getting a tutorial on the Pokédex was a mistake. In her hands was a potentially priceless device that was of absolutely no use to her. She sighed, beginning to give up on ever finding out how to use it. "Maybe it's busted?" She said to Carter, who was still walking beside her.

Their journey up route 101 was much longer than the way down. Apparently, the ledges that she had previously hopped down were one-way. Tall grass softly brushed against her legs, creating a loud rustling sound. As she continued to walk, Mia noticed that the rustling was occurring even when they weren't moving. She quickly scanned her surroundings but was unable to find the source of the noise. "Must've been my imagination." Mia shrugged, continuing on the path to Oldale. Her focus shifted back to the Pokédex, which was practically taunting her with its secrets. As she continued to fiddle with the device again, the rustling started up once more. And this time, she could see what was causing it.

Two ball-shaped Pokémon were rolling after her at a snail's pace, one pink, and one white. However, due to the slow speed they were moving at, Mia thought nothing of them. She wanted to get to Oldale town as fast as possible and the two Pokémon chasing her were too slow to be any sort of threat. So she simply avoided them. Finally stepping out of the tall grass, Mia was happy to see Oldale town finally coming into view. However, before she could go any further, she felt something stick to her leg. A thin, sticky thread was attached to her calf, and it seemed to have some weight to it. Looking back, Mia saw that it was the two cocoon Pokémon.

"You two are very persistent." She laughed, quickly brushing the thin layer of silk from her leg. "But I don't have time t-OOF." Her thoughts were brutally interrupted by the Silcoon, who had slammed into her gut. Mia tumbled to the ground, shocked by the Pokémon's sudden speed increase. Carter stood next to his owner and watched, amused. However, his amusement was cut short when the second Pokémon, Cascoon, started to attack him. Silk was sprayed onto his body, restricting his movement. But a simple ember was all he needed in order to break free. And so began their eternal game of Tug O' War, Cascoon continuously spraying string shot and Carter breaking free.

Silcoon was basking in the glory of its achievement. It had taken down a trainer. Not a Pokémon, not an item, but an actual trainer. And it had done so with a single move. Surely, its mother will appreciate its efforts now. Unfortunately for the Silcoon, it hadn't knocked out the trainer only knocked down. Mia slowly picked herself off of the ground as rage started to build up inside her. "Ugh… You are going to PAY for what you just did." She shouted at the small cocoon Pokémon, slightly out of breath. "HOW DARE YOU TACK-ARGH." The Silcoon realised that it hadn't succeeded at knocking Mia out. To fix this, he tackled Mia midsentence. Once more, she was knocked onto the ground.

At this point, Mia was fuming with anger. The Silcoon had knocked her onto the ground TWICE and Carter had done absolutely NOTHING to help her. "Carter… stop messing around AND GET THIS THING AWAY FROM ME." She shouted whilst lying on her back. Carter responded quickly to Mia's commands, breaking free and distracting the Cascoon with an ember. His back flared as he charged headfirst at the still gloating Silcoon, slamming into it. The Silcoon was given a taste of its own medicine and was sent flying back into the tall grass.

"You will regret hitting me for the rest of your life, you miserable little bug! CARTER USE SMOKE SCREEN."

Black smog rapidly spread through the arena, obscuring everyone's view. This allowed Mia to stand back up, as there was little chance that the Silcoon could hit her through the smog. While doing so, she heard a loud beeping start in her right hand. Somehow, in-between being knocked onto the floor and getting up, Mia's Pokédex decided to start working. On the display screen, information on Carter quickly popped up. "Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokémon. Cyndaquil protects itself by flaring up the flames on its back. The flames are vigorous if the Pokémon is angry. However, if it is tired, the flames sputter fitfully with incomplete combustion.". While a fun fact, this information wasn't exactly useful to her at the moment. She quickly tried to scan the two Pokémon attacking her, hoping for some information on how to beat it. But, nothing came up. The cloud of smoke was too thick for the device to work from that distance.

"Okay, we're going to need to find these heathens before we can take them out, Carter." Mia said aloud, trying to listen for any sudden movements. Unfortunately, speaking aloud was a mistake. The Cascoon was able to pin down the origin of Mia's voice and immediately barraged her and Carter with Poison Stings. While doing so, a strange, almost metallic sound echoed through the smoke. However, it didn't seem to be doing anything. Choosing to ignore it, Mia had to think fast. She could try finding cover, but that would prove difficult. As a second wave of poison sting began striking her, an idea also hit her. Because the Pokémon knew where she was, she knew where the Pokémon was.

"Carter," she whispered. "I'm going to make a lot of noise in a moment. When I do, I need you to follow the poison stings to its source and use ember on it. Got it?" Carter immediately distanced himself from Mia, which she took as his understanding. Hopefully, he'll be able to find whatever was attacking them quickly. Taking a deep breath before hand, Mia screamed at the top of her lungs.

Last edited:

Brivoo

If any mods are reading this, go ahead and delete
    Years
  • Somewhere near Oldale

The sound of the car's engine bothered him, but he wasn't about to say anything. It had been a miracle for him to even find someone willing to drive him all the way to Littleroot, a town so isolated they probably spoke their own language and had a bunch of tribal customs, like ritualistic sacrifice. Or just sacrifice, really; then again, he was pretty sure that without the ritual part, it could have probably just be classified as murder. Would that be a good defense in court? 'You don't understand your honour; murdering your taxi driver in cold blood and burying his body in a skip is part of my culture'.
    Briv blinked for a moment, trying to wrap his head around what he'd just thought. Jeez, where did that come from?

"GET OUT OF MY WAY, YOU STUPID COW!" the man screamed out of his car window, to the shock of the elderly woman crossing the street. Briv did his best to hide, lowering his head and letting out a groan. It was his own fault, really, not taking up pokémon training. Chasing his dreams. What a moron. If he had just pretended to show a partial interest in battles as a kid, his mother would have been satisfied and she wouldn't have resolved to send him to Hoenn to have his own 'adventure' as she so dreamily put it; he wouldn't have arrived in Lilycove after three days of sea sickness, and he wouldn't have had to ask for someone to take him to Littleroot, a town so isolated it might as well have been at the bottom of the ocean; he wouldn't have had to find out that no taxi went there except for one, and he wouldn't have found out that said taxi fit in the broadest possible definition of a car. This thing could fall apart any moment, he thought to himself as he looked around, taking in the patchwork body work and missing backseat. The driver himself looked like the kind of person who, had he taken a slightly different path in life, one could very well find smuggling drugs into a high-security prison.

what did his mother say to him before he left? "Do it or I'll disown you"? No, the other thing. "My life is ruined. Ruined!" no, that had been him. "There are troughs and peaks in every journey. Don't be discouraged by the present!" That's the one. He was pretty sure she'd read it on a fortune cookie anyway, but that wasn't important. Right now, he had to focus on getting this over with as quickly as possible, so he could go back home and concentrate on being pathetic.

He sighed and looked out the window. Trees sped by, or to be more precise, remained perfectly stationary as they sped by. Hoenn seemed like a fairly tropical place, and lacked any real mountains or cold climates, which made him feel especially stupid for dressing in a heavy hoodie and jeans. Okay, so geography wasn't his strong point, but he lived in Kalos! He wasn't expected to know what Hoenn was like! It was on the other side of the world, for pete's sake. Which reminded him; he was on the other side of the world, with almost no money and being driven around by a weird old man that, in the best possible scenario, would be taking him by an even weirder old man. He was certain he could survive a fight with one of them, but two old men was a dangerous combination: their hive mind made them very coordinated, and they could easily overpower him.

Briv took this moment to remind himself to get out more.

Littleroot Town

"We're here, boy!" the man said in his raspy, borderline murderous voice. He turned to look at him with the craziest grin Briv had ever seen, bar his local bartender whenever he spotted a tourist, for reasons unknown to basically 70% of Geosenge. "That'll be 52,500 P, thank you." He proclaimed, smugly.

So that why he was smiling.

"What?! That's preposterous! You've only been driving for twenty minutes!" Briv wanted to reply, possibly punctuating the phrase with a swing to the man's jaw and spontaneously becoming Lieutenant Surge while he was at it, but instead decided to pay up and grumble his grievances to himself, creating more repressed rage for his friend Mr. Liquor to deal with. The young man stepped out of the 'car' which immediately sped away, leaving him to take in the beautiful sights of the tropical region. Before him stood Littleroot, a number of cottages built in the middle of a forest, the springtime sunshine shining down on the various patches of grass that dotted the view; one could even say that they were the rule, rather than the exception. To the south of it stood a building slightly larger than the rest, with a yellow roof as opposed to orange; this was either the local lab or a bus station, and knowing Briv's luck it was probably the former.

Reluctantly, he made his way towards the edifice, sidestepping the various, frolicking children and giving extremely passive-aggressive glares to whomever dared smile in his direction. How dare they share their mirth with him? Couldn't they see he was busy being miserable? Honestly, the nerve of some people.

Eventually, he reached the laboratory. The building wasn't all that impressive, he thought; it was only twice the size of his hometown. chuckling to himself, Briv wished he had friends to share this wicked burn with. Entering through the door, he was almost knocked over by a brown-haired blur sprinting in the opposite direction, an ugly mole-thing clinging to her back. Was that a pokémon, or just a really sick animal? Did they even have animals? Briv decided it was best not to start questioning the nature of his own universe, and instead pressed forwards, determined to defy everything he believed in up until then. Spotting a fat man with terrible facial hair, he naturally assumed it to be the professor, and picked up his walking pace until he was walking side by side with him. "Hello!" Briv greeted, smiling. The old man turned his head and regarded him with a mixture of amusement and politeness, no doubt masking his extreme irritation with all these teenagers constantly interrupting his work. "Hello to you! How can I help you?" he asked, returning the smile.

"I've been sent half-way across the world to crush my own dreams!" Briv responded, still grinning. Birch seemed taken aback by this, which caused the adolescent to frown in confusion, before coming to the conclusion that he must've said what he was thinking instead of just lying. "I mean-- a pokémon. Adventure. Dex. Uuh... My mum's name is Ellie?" he attempted to salvage, almost certain he was about to be kicked out; surprisingly though, the professor's face lit up at the mention of his mother, and he smiled broadly. "Oh, you're Ellie's son? I haven't seen her in twenty-five years! My, time sure flies when you're handing out pokédexes." he laughed, and his assistant laughed with him. Briv didn't really get it.

"So, Ellie sent you to have you own adventure? I still remember when I first handed her a pokédex. She was very talented, she was! I hear she went and married an up-and-coming trainer in Kalos!"

"I don't know if 'up and coming' is the right way to put it. 'Slowly rising like a lost balloon" seems more accurate." the teen responded, cocking a brow. "But yeah, I'm going to go around Hoenn and get beaten by just about every trainer I can find. However, I apparently need a pocket monster for this."

"A what?"

"A pokémon."

"Ah, right." Birch smiled nervously, obviously not able to perceive the full genius that was Briv. Opening his bag, the Hoenn resident rooted around for a few moments, before looking to his assistant. "Did we give the rare pokémon to Brendon?" the assistant nodded. "But I seem to recall him giving you back the Treecko." Birch nodded, and rooted around a bit more. "Ah, here we are!" he said triumphantly, handing Briv a pokéball. "This is Treecko, the grass-type pokémon! It's main strength is in its speed. It'll make for a great partner!"

Briv examined the ball for a few moments, before releasing the critter inside. With a flash of red, a green lizard appeared before him, staring at him with the same amount of disbelief he was staring at it. "Is this a joke?" he asked, looking back at a very confused Birch. The gecko's eyes seemed to ask the same question. "This isn't a pokémon! Pokémon are six foot tall, and can levell mountains! This thing could barely level a plate of pasta." he glared back at the lizard, which wasn't impressed at all. Birch nervously chuckled, grabbing the pokéball and nervously returning the Treecko inside. "Well, you see, pokémon have evolutionary stages. I feel silly for not realizing it earlier but given your family, you've probably never spent much time with weak or first-stage pokémon. Once Treecko gains enough experience in battle, it will evolve, becoming a Grovyle, and then after that a Sceptile." He scanned Briv's features for any signs of comprehension, and found none. "Bigger lizard and really big lizard." Briv made an 'oh' face and took back the pokéball, looking at it with renewed interest.

the assistant cleared his throat, catching Birch's attention, and handed him a small, red console. "Oh, I almost forgot!" he laughed, handing it to Briv. "This is your pokédex. It automatically records data from any pokémon you've captured in your journey and stores it for later use. This way, you can always keep track of your pokémon's capabilities!" Briv nodded ad put the dex in his bag, no longer paying any real attention to the old man. "And this is your trainer card," Birch continued, handing him a small plastic rectangle, "On it, you can keep track of your progress through the Gym circuit!"

The Kalos-born cocked a brow. "Gym circuit?" he asked, skeptical. He didn't want to enter any tournament, and certainly not that thing his cousin was always banging on about, what with the "Oooh, the Elite four are so cool!" "I had a bike race with the Gym Leader of Cyllage city the other day!" and "The leader of Courmaline City is soooo hot!"

"Yes, Gym circuit! Every newly registered trainer is entered in the Gym circuit, so they can have a go at winning the gym badges! who knows, you might even become champion one day!"

Briv thought this to be unlikely, but he had given the man enough grief as it was, so he decided to thank him and take his leave.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Tabitha Rose
    Chapter 1 - 3: Route 101 - Memories And Oakdale

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Smiling to herself, Tabitha made her way over to the Pokéball as it gradually came to a stop. The button in the middle of the ball-like capsule glowed a soft, red color before returning back to its usual state, signifying that the capture had been successful. She picked the ball of the ground, tossing it into the air once before catching it and placing it onto her belt.

"Nice work, Hamton! You're a lot stronger than ya look," Tabitha replied, smiling down at her Tepig companion. The Tepig snorted happily, making his way over towards the girl with a tired smile on his face. Tabitha was not oblivious to this as she knelt down, scooping Hamton up into her arms. "I guess it was a bit intense for you though, huh? Come to think of it, this was more or less your first actual battle."

Hamton gave a small nod, taking this moment to make himself comfortable in Tabitha's arms. The trainer took a small look around, making sure that no one happened to be looking at the duo, before giving him a quick pat on the head and making her way forward towards Oldale Town. It was not that Tabitha was exactly ashamed to be seen with the little pig. Rather, she did not want anyone who she might have recognized back from Littleroot thinking she had started going soft or something.

"Heh... If I had known you were such a tough little guy, I might have looked into bein' a trainer a bit earlier in life," Tabitha thought as she made her way through the grassy path towards the next town. "Then again, I never actually planned on really having ya tag along with me either..."

~Nimbasa City Outskirts - Two Years Ago~
    It was an early, rather dreary October morning for Tabitha Rose. School was proving to be... more than a bit dull for her today. Then again, that was never a rare thing in her life. In fact, recently she had been debating about dropping out of school all together. Getting up so early in the morning just to go to a place she very rarely hung around in for more than an hour or so? To this teenager, it was all just a waste of time. The problem with the whole thing was her mother. Tabitha knew that she would never be able to get her mother to agree to such a thing... At least, willingly. So until she figured out a better way around this problem, that meant that Tabitha was stuck with ditching for the time being.

"The whole problem with that is that I have to leave Nimbasa for the entire day to do it," Tabitha sighed, leaning against a tree sleepily. The girl paused, reaching into her pocket for her pack of cigarettes. She had promised herself that she was going to stop smoking these things, but then again... promises were made to be broken. Without a second of hesitation, Tabitha put the stick in her mouth and quickly lit up, inhaling that first satisfying drag before slowly breathing out a ring of smoke. "Not that it really matters. I think Joe and all the others were heading on up towards Driftvieil today anyways. I really doubt I'd be able to have gone with them and gotten back to fool the old lady into thinking I was at school all day."

Again, Tabitha sighed. She honestly hated days like this where she was stuck on her own for more or less the entire day. It was not so much the fact that she was alone that bothered her so much. Rather, it was how bored she often found herself becoming. This was because the more bored she became, the more she began to think about things she really did not care to. And the more she thought about these things... well, let's just say that it was not in her best interest to do so.

Thankfully, Tabitha did not find herself having to think for too long. The sound of a nearby trash bin tipping over quickly snapped the teenager from her thoughts. Glancing over towards her left, Tabitha noticed a stray, little Tepig wriggling his little rump in the air as he attempted to pull his way out of the opening. Tabitha was not sure how she failed to notice a Tepig climbing in a trash bin like that... or how it even managed to climb into one in the first place. Then again, she was pretty sure that it was not any of her concern to worry about such things. Shifting her focus, the red-haired teen decided that it was a much better idea to focus her attention on something else, something like lunch.

She heard a faint rumbling in her stomach, which meant that clearly it was time for that peanut butter and jelly sandwich she had packed herself earlier in the morning. Grabbing hold of her lunch bag, Tabitha quickly pulled it out and smiled at the sight of her favorite type of sandwich. However, it was at that point that she heard a small snorting sound coming from beside her. Glancing down in the direction of the sound, the teenager quickly caught sight of the little Tepig staring back up at her. .. A hungry look was in his eyes, something that Tabitha realized as his focus slowly drifted from her towards the sandwich.

"What do ya think you're lookin' at?" Tabitha questioned. She pulled her sandwich back, giving the stray Tepig a somewhat annoyed glare. "Look, I dunno how things work where you come from, but this sandwich is mine. If ya want somethin' to eat, go look for it yourself like I did, got it?"

The Tepig just continued to stare at the sandwich and the girl, however. His eyes slowly drifted between the two, as if nothing that Tabitha had actually said was sinking through to the little pig Pokémon. Tabitha sighed, rolling her eyes upon the realization that she was most likely not going to be getting out of this little situation without surrendering some of her beloved sandwich. She took the meager meal, ripping it in half and then tossing half of it onto the ground for the Tepig to eat. He squealed in delight as he quickly hopped over to the sandwich and began to eat it without any delay.

"Damn... I guess you were more hungry than I thought..." Tabitha mused, taking a bite of her own half of the sandwich. She watched as the little pig Pokémon gobbled down his half, when a sudden thought popped into her head. "Huh... Ya know, now that I think about it, there's usually not a lot of... wild Tepigs hangin' around. Don't most of ya usually end up bein' handed to new trainers or somethin' like that?"

The Tepig simply looked up at the girl as she spoke, tilting his head as if trying to understand everything that she was saying. Tabitha had never really taken the time to talk with a Pokémon before. So, she was a little bit unsure as just to how much they could understand and how much they could not. Again Tabitha sighed, taking a moment to look around and make sure no one was watching her, before got closer to the Tepig and tried to communicate with him once more.

"Ya know... No one like me? No trainer?" Tabitha questioned, pointing at herself. The Tepig remained silent for a moment, clearly still trying to analyze just what Tabitha had said. Eventually, he shook his head. The teenager took this as to mean that he did not in fact have a trainer. "Damn... That must be rough. I mean, I could handle it no problem, but you're just some runt, yeah? Can't imagine ya lastin' too long on your own right now."

She seemed hesitant again, before speaking one more time. "Look, I can't promise just how long, but... Ya can hang around for a bit. 'Sides, I've always wanted a pet."

~Route 101 - The Present~
    Of course, that little bit of time had turned into several years. Tabitha had never really planned on keeping Hamton with her for so long. In reality, the new trainer had planned to release him back into the wild once he had gotten bigger and strong enough to take care of himself. However, the longer she had been in his company, the more attached Tabitha found herself becoming to the Tepig. Even the others in the gang back home had become attached to the little guy. She honestly could not imagine her life without him now.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Tabitha looked up and noticed the gates of Oldale just up ahead. "Just a bit longer, Hamton. Then we'll get ya all fixed up and ready to kick ass all over again."

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    Triqu
    Spoiler:

Littleroot Town

"Let's go Flame! Hurry up! We're already two days late!"

I was heading to Littleroot Town! The small town that was home to Prof.Birch. The man who would make me a real Pokemon trainer!

I was in a rush because I was already two days late. My mom told me that if I wanted to be a trainer, I'd have to do it on my own. She gave me no help at all.

I had saved up my own money. Bought my own supplies. I also bought the boat tickets. I had to do everything. It took me longer than I thought it would. Thus, I'm now two days late.

"Route LOL? How did we get here?" I directed the question at a Flame who in return, performed a back flip. I assumed he was trying to tell me to flip the map. Though, he may have been trying to show off.

"Oh, route 101. That makes a lot more sense." I was just having one of those days.

I noticed a man walking around. He had brown hair and seemed like he was looking for something to entertain him. He seemed rather familiar with the area, so I asked him for some help.

"Hey, excuse me sir. Can you help me find Prof.Birch's lab? I was supposed to meet him a couple days ago but I'm running a bit late." I spoke a lot faster than I meant to.

"Well, that's quite the time delay." The man had a somewhat deep, assertive voice. I could tell he was used to giving orders.

"Please sir. Just help me find the lab. I need to get there right away!" I was pretty much begging. Flame started putting his hands together and bowing. I think that was to mock me.

"Just stay calm. You're already two days late. Five minutes isn't going to hurt. Just go down five houses and take a left. It's really big. You can't miss it," the guy said casually. He eyed Flame gleefully.

"Alright, thanks!" I took off at a sprint, sure that Prof.Birch was tired of waiting. More sure that I was tired of waiting.

It took me a few minutes to reach the lab. I had to go extra fast to make sure Flame didn't go climbing on any houses.

As soon as I reached the door I started knocking. A man who I recognized as Prof.Birch came up. I recognized the little curl in his hair.

"Hello sir. My name is Triqu! I'm here to receive my Pokedex!" I tried to sound happy. This was so he wouldn't be mad about my lateness.

Prof.Birch stood confused for a minute. He then nodded his head. "Oh, you're the trainer who was supposed to arrive two days ago. Am I correct?" He didn't sound angry. You can never be too sure though.

"I'm sorry. It was just that the boat ticket and my mom doesn't want m-"

"Slow down Son! It's alright. I'm sure you had a good reason for being late. I myself am not very punctual.
    Come inside and allow me to grab something from the back room. This should only take a minute." The professor briskly walked away.

I stepped inside and noticed the clutter of the place. It was about three times worse than my room. That was saying something.

I then realized that Flame had left. I looked all around but didn't see him. I opened the door and he flipped over my head, swinging from the top of the doorway. He then sat facing me. I returned him to his pokeball. I was afraid that a paper would touch his tail and catch the whole place on fire.

"Here it is," Birch announced as he entered a room. He handed me package. I took it upon myself to shake it, trying to guess what was inside.

I finally gave up. I opened the box. Inside was a white Pokedex and 5 pokeballs. All neatly packed into a little starter kit.

"Usually, the Pokedex is red, but we had to give your case to a trainer who was on time. The only difference is the color. I hope that it doesn't bother you." He said it like I should be upset.

"Are you kidding me? This is awesome! I get to be the one trainer with a white Pokedex! Who else can say that?" This made me want to try it out.

"Come on Flame! Let's see this thing in action." Flame jumped out of his ball excitedly.

"Let's see..." I tinkered with it until I found the tutorial. After I read it, I tried to use it. I pressed the green button.

Chimchar- The Chimp

It agilely scales sheer cliffs to live atop the craggy mountains. Its fire is put out when it sleeps.

"It's also supposed to-" I stopped talking when I realized Prof.Birch was gone. I think he had left a while ago. I decided that I would just leave.

"Let's go Flame!" With that, we were off.

I exited the building and finally took in my surroundings. I hadn't had a chance beforehand to pay attention to anything. The town was tiny. Especially compared to Goldenrod. All of the houses were small and there weren't many people. I noticed a few trainers on route 101. They all seemed rather new to battling.

"How'd it go kid?" It was the same guy from earlier. "Hope that you didn't have too many problems."

"Nope! He gave me my Pokedex and left. I think he was busy. He seemed in a rush to do something." I started to analyze what had happened before. I was so excited that I didn't really think about anything.

"Did he explain anything to you? The gym circuit, how to use the Pokedex. Anything?" Brandon questioned. He was doubting my knowledge.

"Well, no. I already know it all. The gym circuit is the challenge trainers take to defeat eight gym leaders. The Pokedex stores info on its owner, Pokemon, and some other things. I learned it all in school." I had made sure to pay attention during the days we were taught those things.

"What about battling? How to catch Pokemon? These things are even more important."

He caught me off guard with those. Even Flame showed a confused look.

"I was just going to wing it. That's what I usually do and it works. I send out Flame, tell him to attack, then I throw a pokeball. It's pretty simple I think." I hadn't really thought about it.

"There's more to it than that." He said no more.

While he was walking away I shouted out, "Wait! What's your name?."

He replied quickly. "It's Brandon! I'm also commonly known as the Pyramid King. What's your name?" He forgot about introductions too.

"It's Triqu! With a q and a u!" I stressed the last part.

"I'll see you around Triqu!" He started walking away again.

"See ya!" He was gone by the time I finished.

I sat there thinking. Pyramid King. That title sounded familiar. The I realized who he was.

That was Brandon. The top Frontier Brain. Owner of Regirock, Regice, and Registeel. One of the best Pokemon trainers in the world.

Route 101

I decided that it was time for some training! Flame had only done small workouts back in Goldenrod. It wasn't used to battling.

I headed for route 101. I heard about there being many Pokemon there. I decided to check it out myself.

I watched Flame play around in the tree. It wasn't bothering me. I was busy looking for wild Pokemon to battle.

I looked at the trunk of the tree Flame was playing in. Something started moving around. I noticed that it was a Wurmple! Here was my big chance.

"Flame! See that Pokemon down below? Hit it with Acrobatics!" Flame looked at me for a moment. He looked like he forgot how to use the attack. He did a flip out of the tree. Then, he jumped up, before coming down and striking the end of Wurmple's tail. The attack knocked Wurmple out of the tree. It fell on to its back, struggling to get up.

"Yes!" I screamed out. The move was a success. I then looked over at Flame who was struggling to stand himself.

"What's wrong Flame? Get up!" I was wondering what was wrong. Flame was sitting there looking sick. It then dawned on me what happened.

Wurmples have spikes on their tails that can release poison. Flame must have been stabbed by one.

By the time Flame gained his composure, Wurmple was back on it's feet. It still seemed to have been damaged by the attack. It was angry now.

"Flame! I need you to stick this one out for me! You can do it!" I wasn't sure that I believed my own words.

Flame managed to stand and move. It was just a lot slower than normal. I was about to give a command until Wurmple started moving in. Much faster than a worm should be able to.

Wurmple closed the distance. Then it used bug bite.

"Flame! Jump out of the way!" I ordered. The poison was taking it's toll. Flame got hit directly. This wasn't looking good. Wurmple was hanging on and not letting go.

I realized that without his speed, Flame was nothing. So I got an idea.

"Hurry up and use your ember to scare it away!" Flame worked slowly but surely. He managed to knock off Wurmple. It was only a few feet away and coming fast.

"Now use your flame charge constantly! Keep ramming it!" If this went right, Flame would gain speed and wear down the Wurmple at the same time.

The first try missed. Wurmple avoided it with ease. The second try nicked it. I could tell Flame was gaining speed. The third try nailed it. Wurmple still remained on it's feet.

"Don't let up Flame! Keep it coming!" Three more hits in a row. Wurmple was close to done. Not only had been hit constantly, but it had been hit with a fire type move. Everybody knew bugs were weak to fire.

"Stop Flame!" I shouted. I was ready.

"Here we go!" I threw a pokeball I had stored in my pocket before entering a route. Ready for this situation.

The pokeball hit the Wurmple. In a flash of red light, it went into the pokeball.

"Yes, I caught a Wurmple!" I yelled with joy. I then noticed that the ball was shaking.

We weren't quite finished. I watched the ball, praying that it would stay still.

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gelius Clayton Clark - Route 101/Oldale Town - Buneary Capture and Pokeball Trouble​

I shout of happiness. Buneary was mine! I give an high five to Handy but then he remembers me that Buneary was way too hurt to celebrate. I pick up the pokeball and run to Oldale Town. When i reach Oldale, i saw a group of people taking.

"Someone threw me this pokeball and hurt me! I won't accept that!" Said the man.

"Let's find him or her." Said the woman.

"..." I fell like i should not be here. That was the pokeball that Handy threw. I slowly back away. I enter the pokemon center. "Nurse Joy! I need to heal my Buneary!" I put the the pokeball in the counter and Turbo. I withdrew Handy and gave to Nurse Joy.

"Don't worry. I will take care of your Buneary and your other pokemon." She said. She put the pokeballs on a machine. Then she comes back. "Here you go."

"Oh good grief." I said while Turbo got down from the counter. I threw Handy and Bunary's pokeballs to the floor. Both me, Handy and Turbo put a puzzled face on.

"Ai, Aipom." Said Handy.

"Tor Torichic." Said Turbo.

"Nah... That nickname won't work. How About Sweet?" I said. Buneary looked at me. "Then welcome to the team Sweet!" I extend a hand but Sweet hits my hand with the ear. I try again and Sweet does the same thing. I try again, and this time, Sweet does a Jump Kick on me. Turbo and Handy start to laugh at me. However, Sweet was going along with Turbo and Handy. "Maybe the Pokedex has information about the Buneary species."

I got up and picked my Pokedex. A monotone voice was heard.

"Torchic, the Chick Pokemon. Torchic has a place inside its body where it keeps its flame. Give it a hug—it will be glowing with warmth. This Pokémon is covered all over by a fluffy coat of down. Torchic sticks with its Trainer, following behind with unsteady steps. This Pokémon breathes fire of over 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit, including fireballs that leave the foe scorched black. It's a male pokemon, and his known moves are Ember, Flame Burst, Night Slash, Crush Claw, Bounce and Heat Wave."

"I already knew that. But---"

"Aipom the Long Tail Pokemon. Aipom's tail ends in a hand-like appendage that can be cleverly manipulated. However, because the Pokémon uses its tail so much, its real hands have become rather clumsy. It's a male Pokemon , and his known moves are Foul Play, Fury Swipes, Baton Pass, Quick Attack and Slam."

"That's good to kn---"

"Bunneary the Rabbit Pokemon. Its ears are always rolled up. They can be forcefully extended to shatter even a large boulder. When it senses danger, it perks up its ears. On cold nights, it sleeps with its head tucked into its fur. It's a female pokemon, and her known moves are Jump Kick, Quick Attack and Frustration. A strange curiosity about this pokemon: Even that this pokemon looks sweet and lovely, when caught it will hate his trainer. It's known for having very bad connections between trainers. Rarely will befriend his trainer."

"Oh. So you don't like me?" I asked. Sweet nods. "But i wanna be your friend!" Sweet uses Jump Kick on me. I got up. The nurse comes back.

"Sorry but can you help me?" I look at the nurse.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Mia Fiore – Engage the Enemy Part 2​
    A high pitched shriek echoed throughout the sunny route 101. Poison stings shot through the smoke like bullets, all of them focused on the screaming person. That screaming person was of course Mia, whose master plan involved her getting bombarded by poisonous darts. The attack was relentless, eventually causing her to scream out of actual pain. This would all pay off… hopefully. Walking blindly in the smoke was Carter, whose goal was to find the source of the Poison Sting and end it. This was easier said than done as the attack he was following was small and gave off little light. As his trainers cry of pain slowly amped up in volume, Carter was wandering closer and closer to the Pokémon. Eventually he was able to see a shadow in the dark. His back began burning brighter, and without hesitation, Carter attacked with Ember. He spewed hot flames onto the Pokémon, stopping its attack.

The Cascoon, having used all of its energy when attacking Mia, did nothing to retaliate. Very faintly, Mia could hear a soft "Cas… coon." And after a few more moments, it went silent. "Carter…" She panted, "You can stop now." The Cyndaquil cried out to its master in response, overjoyed that it had beaten another Pokémon. The smoke clouds were finally starting to dissipate, allowing Mia to see all three Pokémon. One more to go… she thought, quickly wiping away the tears that had built up in her eyes. "Alright Carter, how about we finish the other one now?" She triumphantly asked, looking down at her Pokédex once more. She raised it to face the fainted Pokémon and information filled the screen. Cascoon The Cocoon Pokémon. If it is attacked, Cascoon remains motionless however badly it may be hurt. It does so because if it were to move, its body would be weak upon evolution. This Pokémon will also not forget the pain it endured.

"I thought this was supposed to be an essential tool for a Pokémon trainer, not a list of fun facts." Not only was this super expensive device impossible to turn on, it was also absolutely useless. Making sure that this wasn't the only thing the device could do, Mia faced the Pokédex to the Silcoon and pressed a random button. After a brief moment of silence, a loud, screech blared through the Pokédex's speakers. "How useful… Silcoon's cry." She bitterly stated, shoving the black and white device back into her bag. Looking over the nearly smog-less battlefield, Mia thought of what to do next. Left over silk from their previous attacks were spread across the arena. Luckily, it didn't seem to be large enough to slow Carter down.

"Carter, tackle it as hard as you can! Send it flying!" She ordered. The Silcoon didn't seem to be reacting to… anything and sat idle in the middle of the battlefield. Carter began his charge, sprinting headfirst into the bug. He slammed into it, creating an audible "SMACK". Unfortunately, Carter's tackle harmlessly bounced off of the Silcoon and left him feeling like he just smashed into a car. "What!?" Mia exclaimed, watching as Carter stumbled backwards. Unbeknownst to Mia, while the smoke screen was up, the Silcoon had repeatedly been using Iron Defense. No physical attack would phase it now.

Quickly, the Silcoon sprayed String Shot onto the dazed Cyndaquil. Earlier in the battle, Carter was able to effortlessly break through the silk. Now he was finding it harder, and harder to burn out of it. His fatigue had finally caught up with him and he was now trapped. Slowly, the Silcoon rolled over to him. Desperately squirming to get free, Carter could only watch as the Silcoon used bug bite. How it did so without a mouth, nobody knows (and nobody ever will). Carter cried out in pain, trying his hardest to break out of the silk.

Mia was in a shock. The Silcoon had turned the tables on them so effortlessly. She scrambled for a way to get Carter out of the Silcoon's "mouth". However, nothing came to her. Carter's health continued to be whittled down, stuck in his silky prison. "Oh… Oh no… At this rate, he'll be knocked out before I think of something to do…" Her eyes darted across the battlefield, desperately searching for a strategy. But, aside from the Cascoon, there was nothing but silk. And she definitely didn't need more of that. "Uh… UH….." She trembled, watching as the silk covered Pokémon chomped on her Cyndaquil. Silk covered Pokémon… The string shot… some of it is attached to the Silcoon. She thought, finally thinking of a strategy.

"Carter! Use every ounce of your strength and shoot ember onto ground." Weakly, the trapped Pokémon spat small flames onto the ground. The ember quickly caught onto a strand of silk. Flames spread across the different strands, eventually making their way to the Silcoon. It released Carter from its grip, dropping him onto the dirt below. The fire burnt through his silken prison, freeing him. The Silcoon collapsed onto the ground, defeated. "That was way too close." Mia stated, sighing out of relief. Carter was barely standing, panting heavily. "You deserve a rest…" Reaching into her bag, Mia pulled out Carter's Pokéball and returned him to it.

Leaving the two knocked out Pokémon behind, Mia walked down the rest of the route alone. Luckily, nothing else attacked her, otherwise she would've been in serious trouble.

Brivoo

If any mods are reading this, go ahead and delete
    Years
  • Littleroot Town

"Alright, listen. Hey, HEY!" After arriving at the entrance of route 101, Briv had freed his pokémon to let it wander around with him. Better out here than in there, he thought to himself as he looked at the tiny pokéball; however, the moment he did so, the Treecko began climbing all over him, avoiding his attempts to grab it with unparalleled quickness and being a general nuisance. "STOP!" Briv screamed, finally managing to grab one of its tails and holding the gecko out in front of him, like a caught fish. The grass-type flailed for a few moments before surrendering and limiting itself to glare at its trainer, which he gladly returned. "You listen now, Goulash. I'm your trainer, and you're my pokémon; neither of us have much experience with this, but from what I've heard you're supposed to do what I say. Is that clear?"

No response.

Briv sighed, holding the bridge of his nose in irritation. "I don't like you and you don't like me, but if we're going to make it through this as quickly as possible and never see each other again, we'll have to cooperate, understand? If we don't, I'll be stuck in Hoenn for the rest of my days and you will be stuck with me. Okay?" For a very long moment, the Treecko gave no reaction, and Briv was already thanking his stars that winter wasn't very cold in this region; it then slowly nodded, much to the surprise of its trainer. "Oh? Oh! Good, that's good!" Briv said, letting his newfound partner down. Goulash regarded him for a brief moment, before climbing up his leg, up his torso and coming to rest on top of his head, an action that almost made Briv fear he hadn't got through to the grass-type at all and that maybe pokémon can't really understand human speech beyond battle orders.

"I, uh, okay. Okay! Let's go!" Briv proclaimed, pointing towards route 101 and marching in its direction. Goulash simply rolled its eyes.

Route 101

The route was very indicative of the general nature of Hoenn when compared to other regions; it was lush and overgrown, with trees looming overhead like arms trying to protect passers-by from the sun's rays. The air was hot but thankfully a stable breeze passed through the forest, keeping its residents cool. Briv took off his hoodie and wrapped it around his waist using its sleeves, wobbling his head in the process, but much to his surprise Goulash didn't even flinch. As he walked and scanned his sorroundings, he took note of a few fainted pokémon with some burnt grass around them. He wasn't an expert, but through careful observation he could conclude that the culprit must have been either a fire-type or an arsonist with a kink for animal cruelty. As he investigated the scene of the crime, a rustling sound caught the attention of his green companion, who turned its head in its direction and hissed at it. "What? What is it?" Briv asked, turning his head to see a small, furry pokémon emerge from the tall grass. Its fur was arranged in a zig-zag pattern of brown and beige, and it twitched around, sniffing and taking baby steps as it stared intently at the two with huge, unblinking eyes.

"Aaaaw! It's adorable!" Briv smiled, reaching a hand for it. "Hey little guy!" he said good naturedly, offering his fingers to it to let it sniff him, like one would do with a dog or a lillipup, if the former didn't exist. Goulash hissed, or dry heaved, or whatever noise the thing it was doing was supposed to be, to try and warn its trainer, but it was too late. The furry mammal took a sniff of his hand and promptly bit it, causing the adolescent to scream in pain as he flailed his hand upwards, catapulting the poor critter into the trees.

"It bit me!" he screamed, tears in his eyes, "That really hurt!" he continued to complain, earning nothing but an eyeroll from the Treecko. "That's it, that thing's going down!" Briv let his anger take control of his mind, and grabbed his surprised pokémon by the midsection, lifting it above his head like a football. "Go get it!" he screamed, launching Goulash in the direction he saw the mammal land. The bushes rustled with activity for a few moments, before falling quiet once more. Briv stood on his tip-toes to try and see what might have happened, but was only rewarded with the sight of his furry opponent leisurely walking out of the undergrowth in his direction. Briv stood completely still as it approached him, paralyzed with fear, and flinched when it touched his leg; much to his surprise however, it didn't go for another bite; rather, it rubbed up against his leg affectionately, like a cat or a skitty. He really needed to stop mentioning animals that may or may not exist, he thought to himself. Carefully, he bent down on one knee and tentatively stroked the beast, a gesture it seemed rather glad to accept. The mammal began making a high-pitched growling noise similar to a purr, and Briv smiled. "You're not so bad after all, are you?" he chuckled, the injured hand already forgotten. Another rustle of leaves caught his attention, and he looked up to come face to face with a very angry-looking Treecko, covered in bruises and with a stare that could have killed small woodland creatures.

Briv smiled sheepishly and gave a nervous chuckle. "Um, sorry about... throwing you..." he tried to apologize, but was rewarded with a lightning-fast slap across the face. "Okay," he said, rubbing his sore cheek, "I deserved tha--" he didn't even finish his sentence before another slap hit him. And another, and another. Goulash kept using quick attack in rapid succession, making sure his trainer would remember this punishment for a very long time.

"Ow, okay, ow, ow, okay, OW, OKAY!" Briv complained, pushing the slapping reptile away. "I get it, fine! I won't throw you next time!" he scowled, and then looked down at the furry pokémon which remained seemingly unaffected by the outburst.
    "I should probably try and find out what you are, huh?" he said to it, reaching into his bag and opening up his pokédex. Reaching round the top, he gently pushed the small switch, and the console lit up, automatically beginning to scan the pokémon. Truly, it was a marvel of science; such an amazingly simple machine yet with so much functionality. It would take a real moron not to know how to operate such a thing.

"Zigzagoon," he read aloud, cocking a brow. That's kind of a stupid name, he thought, what, so it's a zig zag racoon? Thanks for nothing. The trainer tried to look up more info about the small creature, but the gadget drew a blank. "Not captured." he muttered to himself, clicking his tongue. After a moment of pondering, his eyes lit up and he reached into his bag once more, grabbing a pokéball and showing it to the Zigzagoon. "What do you say, buddy? Feel like traveling with me?" he asked opening the pokéball, and the furry little thing was enveloped in a flash of red.

The ball shook.

Back