• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Light Screen + updating issue with battle cries

Guest123123

Light Screen gives an error message when used. It doesn't cause the game to crash, but it skips the opponent's turn, which gives the player five free turns to attack the opponent. Since I've seen this in other fangames like Black Cinder and I've had it happen in both v15 and v16, I assume this is known about. Is there a way I can fix this?

Also, when upgrading from v15 to 16.2 the cries of Pokemon no longer play and neither does the item get sound when the player obtains an item. Is there a way I can make them work again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest123123

Can't confirm either, it must be something you changed.
    Light Screen has always had this glitch for me since I started out using Essentials, and I've also seen it in Black Cinder. The only thing I changed/added was Gen 6, quicksave, and autorun before v16 added it officially.

Years
  • You may have updated improperly. I don't believe this happens in vanilla. Compare vanilla to your scripts and figure out what you may have changed

Back