• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Error starting battles, Double or Single

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
So, I've spent the past 5 days updating my game from Essentials Version 14 to Essentials Version 16.2, and I've just finished- or I would be, if I didn't run into an error report that I can't figure out how to fix.
h40kqom.png

Yes, there is custom stuff, it's a modified version of Essentials V16.2. I'm not sure what else I can say, so if there's anything I'm forgetting to mention, just ask and I'll try my best to answer. I hope to get this resolved as quickly as possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Man, you'll agree with me that it is impossible to determine a solution to a problem of which we know nothing.
First, we don't know if you updated the engine from 14 to 16.2 properly;
Second, we don't know if your changes affect the basic engine that, in itself, functioning properly;

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
I was kinda hoping that the error report would give some inkling of where I did went wrong during updating. I updated from V14 to V15 first, and that worked fine. But the changes between V15 and V16 had me completely blustered during the entire process; there were just so many changes to the way things were handled between the two versions, that I spent basically an entire day just trying figuring out what to do. I've had update exhaustion before, but from v15 to v16 was terrible.
I'm really not sure what else I can do to show off the problem, short of like, uploading both my copy of V15 and V16.

Edit:
Ooooooh my sweets, I think I found what I did wrong now that i'm more functionally awake.
I accidentally pasted the entirety of PokeBattle_Battler in the PokeBattle_Scene section.
I'm not sure how that happened, but I've been so tired this past week of updating that I must have did it and flat out not noticed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back