• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake or Special? Fully Hologram Cards

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    Hello All, I have some pokemon cards which I am unsure are fake or special, they appear to be hologram but on the card background AND the border of the card, so don't appear to fit the hologram or reverse hologram descriptions. Any suggestions? Cheers!

h ttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Milnosh/P6020107.jpg

Without the space after the h, sorry havn't made 15 posts yet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Hi

Those are fake unfortunately. There are some cards were the entire card (exluding the pokemon pic) is holo, especially in the legendary collections.

However, these still have the fossil stamps and the holo pattern is something nintendo never used before.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    Ahh Damn. Thank you though. In that case, what is the standard for selling them? Just put 'faked' or something in the ebay listing? Or not to try to sell them at all?

Cheers!

Years
  • I found this auction on a dutch website: Link

The seller is asking: € 2,50 ($2,60 - $3,00)

You can always try to sell them on ebay but please make sure it says "fake" in the title and description.

Years
  • You could sell them, but it'd likely be rude to.

Though there are probably people who do deliberately collect these.

Putting them up on eBay could work, but you'd definitely have to clearly mark them as fakes and hope someone doesn't flag your auction.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    Thanks for the replies, If I try to sell them, i'll put a note in the auction listing.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I remember getting them in Spain when I was younger, they're pretty neat but they are fake. Good luck selling them.

Back