• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Favorite Set Poll 3 Week Grand Finale! Gotta Pick 'em All!

Which of these sets are your favorites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey! I know this is a couple days late, but welcome to the Grand Finale of the Favorite Set Poll! This time around, it will run for 3 whole weeks to give everyone ample time to vote for their favorites! As per usual, you can select as many sets as you like! This poll consists of the winners of the previous 8 polls!

Your finalists are the following sets:

Base Set
    Neo Destiny
    Southern Islands
    EX Sandstorm
    EX Delta Species
    Legends Awakened
    HeartGold Soul Silver
    HS Undaunted
    Next Destinies
    Dragons Exalted
    Legendary Treasures
    XY

Each of these sets either tied for first or claimed first place outright in the poll from their week!

Please commence voting and provide your reasons as to which of these are your favorite sets in this thread!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    Well, I'm barely just getting into the TCG (not counting my obligatory pokemon craze as a child), so I haven't a lot of experience with a lot of different sets, but the Legendary Treasures set have been very nice to me, and given me some of my so far prettiest cards :P

Years
  • My own votes went to Southern Islands (love the foil choices and the art style for the set), Legends Awakened (this just has a lot of cards I really like), HeartGold SoulSilver (those borders are amazing and the prime cards are awesome), HS Undaunted (borders and Raichu prime, man), Dragons Exalted (all holo mini-set, and Legendary Treasures (that Radiant Collection in particular!), personally.

I'm surprised that Legendary Treasures is winning by as much as it is just 2 days into the poll, personally. It's got 6 votes and a 2 vote lead over HS Undaunted.

12 more days to vote in this, everyone!

Years
  • I'm going to have to add a +1 to Legendary Treasures, along with a vote each for the Base Set and EX Sandstorm.

Both the Base Set and EX Sandstorm really bookended my time with the TCG, until I started collecting again in the last year and a half or so. Some of my greatest memories still come from opening those first few booster packs in Base Set, and coming across so many EX cards in Sandstorm like Typhlosion, Raichu and Gardevoir were just as great. As for Legendary Treasures, I had some pretty high success in pulling great cards as well, as I think I was on a roll of pulling a full art or EX card every other pack for a couple of months.

Can't wait to see what the final outcome of the vote is, even though Legendary Treasures is pulling away early.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's gotta be Legendary Treasures for me. Managed to obtain Reshiram-EX card from this set, somehow, which, apparently, is extremely rare. I've also received few other valuable stuff, including Victini, Moltres, Ninetales, Toxicroak, and Hydregion. :) Besides this, I voted for Next Destinies and Neo Destiny, too. Am fan of former due to the same reason as LT; got a bunch of rare cards from it. As for latter, well, I just love all its cover artwork. They're simple and straightforward, haha.

Years
  • I gotta stay old school and say GYM CHALLENGE, though from the sets listed I guess I gotta go with Base Set, though its no where the level of GYM CHALLENGE.

Old School FTW.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Base Set and Neo Destiny because they're the only sets I'm familiar with. Lots of memories in collecting the first set. The TCG hype stopped for me around Johto, but I do like the handful of cards I have from Neo Destiny. Light Vaporeon is the most adorable thing ever, okay? Also, I had it as an avatar on Serebii for the longest time.

Years
  • It's got to be Base Set because I like the really old cards from the original sets (which I seem to have a ton of despite surely being too young to be interested at the time). If I'd caught the poll in earlier rounds, I would've thrown a vote Fossil or Jungle's way as well.

I can understand why people would say Legendary Treasures though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Base set and Delta Species, I started collecting everthing pokemon related as a little kid and then stopped for a while and then got back into the cards at about the time Delta Species came out because those crazy typings.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • How is Legendary Treasures winning?? It's nice but the rares aren't as rewarding :\
    :P
    To sum it up, I voted for the two EXs because δ species and Wailord ex. Dragons Exalted also got a vote because of the introduction of Dragon types. Sorry XY, the Fairy type was cool but Dragon needed it more.

Years
  • How is Legendary Treasures winning?? It's nice but the rares aren't as rewarding :\
    :P
    To sum it up, I voted for the two EXs because δ species and Wailord ex. Dragons Exalted also got a vote because of the introduction of Dragon types. Sorry XY, the Fairy type was cool but Dragon needed it more.

Recency bias, among other things.

Also, I voted for it because it brought the Shiny Collection to the States, so...

Also, you have until May 4th to vote, everyone! Seems I made a few typos and miscalculations upon initially posting the thread, whoops.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, it's time for this to end, and it looks like we have our first winner!

Legendary Treasures is officially PC's Favorite Set! It wins by a single vote over the Base Set.

See you next year in January for the next round of voting!

Reactions to the results can be posted in the TCG DCC, which can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316650 totally to promote discussion over there and totally not because i forgot to set an end time for this thread's poll and can't remember how to close it without removing it

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back