• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first attepmt comp. team

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Jirachi@choice scarf
    jolly
    EVs:
    252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd

Stealth rock
    u-turn
    iron head
    ice punch

Blissey@leftovers
    calm
    EVs:
    252 Def / 84 SpA / 172 SpD

softboiled
    ice beam
    thunder wave
    aromatherapy

Celebi@leftovers
    timid
    EVs:
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

calm mind
    grass knot
    baton pass
    recover

Dragonite@Life Orb
    52 Atk / 252 SpA / 204 Speed
    Mild
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Superpower
    Roost

Heatran@life orb
    timid
    EVs:
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

fire blast
    earth power
    HP grass
    taunt

Azleaf@life orb
    timid
    EVs:
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

nasty plot
    psychic
    flamethrower
    grass knot

this is my first attempt... hope i did well! ;)

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

From the looks of things, you just picked a bunch of random different Pokemon and dumped them together into a team. That's definitely not the way to go when making a good team.

Steelix is a terrible lead in OU. Just about every common lead beats it, either by Taunting it, Tricking it, or simply KOing it with a powerful supereffective move.

Why are you using Swords Dance Celebi? You don't have a single dedicated physical sweeper on your team to Baton pass to. No, Dragonite does not count.

Heatran doesn't even have anything moves.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    so do you think i should get a arodactyl for a lead ?
    and i editted and put moves on heatran... so is there anything good about my team?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Steelix: In my opinion, Jirachi, Metagross, or Bronzong should replace Steelix since they are overall better leads and perform better in OU. They also check Dragons more effectively.

Celebi: What are you trying to Baton Pass to? Dragonite can't sweep effectively with only Earthquake and ExtremeSpeed as physical moves, and Steelix is too slow. Replace Swords Dance with Calm Mind (or Nasty Plot if you have the event) and Seed Bomb with Grass Knot, then Heatran or Azelf have a chance at sweeping.

Dragonite: Change this to a mixed moveset so you have an easier time defeating stall teams.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
    52 Atk / 252 SpA / 204 Speed
    Mild
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower
    - Roost / Earthquake / ExtremeSpeed

Fire Blast is for Steel-types that resist Dragon, Superpower hits Blissey, Heatran, and Tyranitar, and Roost gives you a recovery move. Earthquake is a stronger way of hitting Steel Pokemon if you already used Draco Meteor, and ExtremeSpeed grants some useful priority. Speed EVs allow Dragonite to outrun Jolly Tyranitar and defensive Celebi and Zapdos.

Back