• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starterkit (Rmxp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
  • I must congratulate you, Blizzy, on what is quite possibly the finest piece of kit ever unleashed upon the ranks of hungry RMXP users. HUGE props to thee sir!!!

I'll check out Tyler's a bit later, though I hear some of the scripts are screwy?

I want to know one thing though, which is the only problem I can find other than that strange save bug. How can I get back that little arrow that goes at the bottom of a message box? I dunno how that part actually works itself into the script.

anyways, despite the fact it is incomplete, it's a fantastic piece of kit and I commend you greatly.

Last edited:

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • Fangking Omega said:
    I must congratulate you, Blizzy, on what is quite possibly the finest piece of kit ever unleashed upon the ranks of hungry RMXP users. HUGE props to thee sir!!!

I'll check out Tyler's a bit later, though I hear some of the scripts are screwy?

I want to know one thing though, which is the only problem I can find other than that strange save bug. How can I get back that little arrow that goes at the bottom of a message box? I dunno how that part actually works itself into the script.

anyways, despite the fact it is incomplete, it's a fantastic piece of kit and I commend you greatly.
    i am looking the save system over and over,
    but can't find your arrow bug.
    can u make a screenie?

Waudby

well wen u go into battle, and select fight the game says error, wen u go to bag it sez error, menu error and so on

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • I'm sorry to interrupt the discussion but I really don't know what to do with all the Data things and I have some questions:

1st: What do I do with the Data thingies, how do I work with them, just Copy & Paste them into the game Data folder... What??

2nd: Do I do whatever is needed before I map the towns and routes, or I don't need to worry?

3rd: Can I add Autotiles, Characters, and Tilesets into the game after the Data thingie? If so, do I have to make some script adjustment?? If yes, tell me where and what to change to what...

Thanks in Advance!!

PS: I've been thinking of creating my own Pok?mon game in a game maker and I came into this... But I only know how to map... no scripting, and I thought this could be my salvation and basic starting! Please help me with those questions, I would be very thankfull!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    @ QF- What Data Thingies?
    @ Webmaster Tyler- I also downloaded the demo, the only thing that worked that you added was the status window, and you couldn't exit out of it, also, I am interested about that Script, Is there a way to edit it to use it with Call Script?

@Blizzy- Sorry for rushing you! I'm just exited about wanting to release my demo!

QFred

Behold...
    Years
  • I downloaded the Kit on the first page and one of the folders in a Data one, that has files with the same name of those that can be found on the game folder. I need to know if the files there are just for the mini game with misty in the kit or are ment to be Copy & Pasted or stuff...

I really dunno... meh...

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
    Years
  • for the status menu call it by going
    $scene = Scene_Status_Menu.new
    Or if you want the one where it shows all ur PKMN
    $scene = Scene_Pokemon.new

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    Help! ever since I got Webmaster tylers and added in some scripts i'm seeing this:

?????????NameError????????

uninitalized constant Interpreter::Scene_Stats_Menu

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
    Years
  • Honestly the stuff isnt mine Sobeman let me post this stuff so im not sure why it doesnt work some stuff didnt work for me to

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • Swizzler121 said:
    Help! ever since I got Webmaster tylers and added in some scripts i'm seeing this:

?????????NameError????????

uninitalized constant Interpreter::Scene_Stats_Menu
    because those features are not in the game...
    i hope it will be in the next version ;)

freakboy

Nubbie
    Years
  • here's a new update for the next beta :D
    you can add a white font now! and there is a help text in the menu

*screenie*
    menu_final.png

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    freakboy said:
    here's a new update for the next beta :D
    you can add a white font now! and there is a help text in the menu

*screenie*
    menu_final.png
    Great can't wait for the next version. Nice work Blizzy and Freakboy! ;)

Tara14241

Only talent: Geekiness
    Years
  • Ok, I seem to be continiously having troubles. Mainly, I'm arguing with the script again... it keeps revertine back to the original non-pokesafe script every time I need to change anything in the database or in the script... <.< Help...

Edit: forgot to mention this, but the name on the trainer card always says what I named the hero in the database.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    But, I got the script from The edit from WT, Also i found another glitch, You cannot tint the window, which is an very important part of my game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back