• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finally After 16 Years

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    That's an awesome story, and I'm glad you framed the card. And I like the picture! It does make me wonder if I have any promo cards like that in my cards binder (I've kept all of my Pokemon cards in the same binder that I got back in 1999).

I've never stopped liking Pokemon, so my experience is probably a bit different. I have a lot of older Pokemon stuff, ranging from stuffed toys and posters to cards and games, but I don't consider most of it to be particularly rare (just sentimental). My favorite Pokemon card is a first edition Blastoise that I have from the base set. It's still in the upper left corner of the first page of the aforementioned card binder, and I got it out and took a look at it the last time I visited my parents. I wouldn't want to frame it, as I think it's better-protected in the binder (and I guess I'm also a little shy about liking Pokemon publicly, even though, as you said, it really doesn't matter), but I do enjoy admiring it.

I tend to be a pack rat in general, so I still have a lot of stuff from my childhood, including a lot of more sentimental things than my Pokemon card collection. But I realize that if I think about it, Pokemon has played a pretty significant role in my life, and has been a constant as the rest of my world has changed. Having enjoyed Pokemon for about 2/3 of my life, first as a social pursuit and then as solitary form of relaxation, I can't really imagine what my life would have been like without it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    I tend to be a pack rat in general, so I still have a lot of stuff from my childhood, including a lot of more sentimental things than my Pokemon card collection. But I realize that if I think about it, Pokemon has played a pretty significant role in my life, and has been a constant as the rest of my world has changed. Having enjoyed Pokemon for about 2/3 of my life, first as a social pursuit and then as solitary form of relaxation, I can't really imagine what my life would have been like without it.

and because of that you dont need to be Ashamed about it..
    its a big part of your life and one of the things you love , so what do you care what people thinks?
    live your life the way you want to live it...
    i'm glad i framed my mew promo card..for alot of people who see it , it brings a lot of childhood memories
    and they thinks its Probably very Valuable because its a out of print old cards lol
    and all my friends tell me " wow you can sell it on ebay for alot of money" and stuff like that lol
    belive me, you wont Regret doing the things you want to do..

Years
  • That was a cute story ^-^ I still have my promo cards when i saw the movie in the theatre as a kid. I think i will always keep them.

Nice idea to frame the cards.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I play online, so I keep them in a virtual account, but that's still a wonderful story to read! :D

Back