• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Railways: A Journey to the Edge of the World. [T]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

• neue-zier-schrift.regular.png

neue-zier-schrift.regular.png

ore_tain_silhouette.jpg

Spoiler:

t98.png

In a World very like our own, in a past not too far fetched to be unbelievable... something extraordinary is brewing. A setting not too far from the 18th century England and America of our times forgotten, it is here that the stage is set for a tale of wonder, excitement and mystery all.

The small town of Bellson, located on the outskirts of the country of Amittia, is running on hard times. The economy has not been kind and a lack of trade routes seems to have the town on a path to disaster. Jobs are dwindling quickly and families are starting to struggle. Even the tired old mayor, once a beacon of hope for his home, has fallen out of glory and now sits depressed in his office. The people are all but accepting of their fate and in bitter contentment they work their every day lives, all the while silently praying that a silver lining comes down and provides an escape or salvation for themselves or them all.

Perhaps it was those wishes that caused the apparent magic that happened on that one fateful night.

The residents awoke to the lazy rooster of the farm, crying out in a dulcet tone as always, but things were far from lazy, as they usually were those days. The streets were abuzz with interest and talk. A lively atmosphere filled the air, something thought gone from the little rural area.

For along the buildings, the shops, even the town hall itself... were posters.​

Simple-Line-Dark-23.png

MiLLd6boT.png

"To the residents of a town now wishing for more, the Ironwood Express welcomes you to chances beyond what your futures hold!

Come one, come all, to the edge of your fair town, South of the farm and West of the church, on the outskirts of a place where roads fear to tread is the station built! Within and ready to leave in a week from today is the carriages of Ironwood itself! The destination? Riches beyond your wildest dreams, at the very edge of the World you know... a trip of length unknown, from days to years, it is uncertain even to a conductor like me just what might await on a journey so vast!

If nothing else, I can promise you that the beauty of the Ironwood will take you to places you've only ever dreamed of visiting... and that in the end your journey and the experiences you share may be greater than any riches you lust after today.

And the best part is that I ask for not a penny in return, only that you give me your company on the adventure soon to come. All may sit in the booths prepared, all may sleep in the living quarters and eat at the tables ready and waiting.

You have till the end of the week to board... it is then that the doors will open, but not for very long.

I am required to warn you, this trip will not be easy, even with the comfort I provide. So make sure you only come with the preparation of one willing to risk everything for their desires.~

You will not return for some time... and once on the journey one does not simply leave until the end. Like life, there are no immediate stops unless you throw yourself away.

Until I see you aboard, I bid you adieu.~

-The Conductor."

Simple-Line-Dark-23.png

In mere moments, the town exploded into excitement and intrigue. People flocked to the location described and like a miracle, overnight it had indeed sprung up. A grand train station to marvel those of the biggest cities and a strange railway leading off into the distance and to places unknown. It defied all logic for such a thing to even exist and yet here it was. Within the miraculous structure stood the grandest and most intricate train any present had ever perceived.

The seemingly pure iron and glittering front engine reflected light like mirrors and the fifteen black wooden carriages that followed it were sleek and refined. Blinds pulled down and covered the many windows of the vehicle. The doors were sealed tight and no indication of how to get inside was present. All those from the village bearing witness could only gaze in awe at the creation of modern technology before them... and the lone sign that stood before it all, with a single sentence inscribed.

"Seven days until departure."

In the days that followed, rumors of the miracle train said to deliver those whom rode upon it to riches spread, however talk of somewhat ominous implications at a horrible price did spread as well.

You, for whatever personal reasons, have arrived in the humble town of Bellson with the intention of being one of the brave few to ride the Ironwood Express on its long journey to its destination. Be you a humble villager from the town itself, a noble lord from a distant city, a vagabound scoundrel looking for a quick buck or even a runaway servant looking for a new place in life. Regardless, you are here. The risks implied are too great for some, but not for you... and when the doors to the train open you will boldly step inside.

As the cast is lined up on stage, it's finally time for the curtains to be pulled back and for this show to get on the road, or more, in this case, the Railway.

"One day until departure. Prepare to board."

tumblr_mi8bc8PSYF1s2qhomo1_500.gif

Railways is an RP that bases its story telling around an unpredictable and constantly shifting train moving between locations. The RP will transition often between posts taking part on the train itself, hereafter referred to as "The Ironwood", and the various stops the train takes on its journey to its ultimate destination. The supposed "end of the World" where the grandest of riches lie.

To put it simply, posts taking place on the train will be aimed more towards character development and player to player interaction. It gives players a chance to have their characters interact, progress individual plots and to explore the Ironwood and slowly discover more about the enigmatic train, its staff and its true purpose in the journey at hand. The Ironwood will also have shifting carriages with varying interiors apart from the front five, these five carriages and the mechanics of the shifting carriages will be explained near during the RP, but as a brief overview the five stationary carts are;

Dining, Recreational, Passenger, Bedrooms and Lounge. The front carriage is the engine and it is not counted among the fifteen carriages following it.

The remaining ten carriages can contain anything from comic relief for fun moments to serious rooms of information and intrigue containing information and items that relate to the Ironwood and its past.

I will be shifting the carriages around after every "Train Stop" section is complete.

The train will often stop at various spots around the World created for this RP. A world that is very similar to 18th century America and England. The RP will spend the majority of its time in these locations and each location will contain its own sub-plots for characters to interact in. The conductor will also assign characters a goal to complete upon arriving in an area, in order to give everyone a starting point.

New locations will be posted on a travel guide aboard the train by the conductor IC whenever a "Train Stop" section ends and a "Train" section begins (basically, every time the players get back on the train). I will post this information both OOC and IC for everyone to react to on both fronts. But for the most part players won't know where the next location is until the journey there begins.

Consider it all an actual adventure and mystery as to what comes next, both IC and even OOC to a reasonable extent. Do not worry, I assure you that each new location will be varied and interesting compared to the last!

Unlike many RPs you may have been in, this RP isn't designed to have badass fighters and mysterious rogues... while that type of character might be accepted if done well, the characters story wise in Railways are most likely normal people of varying social status. Maybe a retired soldier here or a devious scoundrel there at most, but no super powered or magic beings exist in this World at all. The only thing that's magical in any way is the Ironwood itself.

Finally, the RP will begin on the last day before the characters board the train and leave the town of Bellson behind. The posts in question should tell how your character arrived in the town, if they weren't there already, and should detail them arriving at the train station to board the Ironwood and depart on their adventure.​

The travel log is a record of all of the places visited thus far by the Ironwood and its party of travelers throughout the course of the RP. While this list may seem barren at first it will fill up over time as new locations are visited.​

t98.png

~Bellson~

Bellson is a quaint and poor town struggling on the borders of the world in which the RP is based. It has very little money and income, yet even in its most desperate times it retains an excitable atmosphere and pleasant energy bustling in its streets. Especially with the arrival of the first station and the Ironwood express itself within its boundaries over night.

~More to Come~

7991449_orig.gif

***​

Name:
    (What is this characters full name?)

(There are no limits to his number, anybody can jump onto the Ironwood if they're truly willing to. From the youngest to the oldest. All I'll say is try to be realistic, no babies or incredibly old people who shouldn't really still be alive in this time period.)

Appearance and Attire:
    (Your characters physical appearance and clothing choice. Try to make the clothing as time appropriate as you can manage. If you can provide appropriate images then this section may be ignored. If images are not provided, then two to three paragraphs minimum should do instead.)

Hometown:
    (Where is your character from? They can be from the town of Bellson or you can make up your very own location! So long as it roughly fits the setting it will be fine... perhaps the Ironwood may even visit such a place on its travels. If you are making your own location then please include a few lines to a paragraph worth of description. If not? Then simply type "Bellson" for this field instead.)

Personality:
    (What is this person like personally? Describe their thought processes and general mannerisms. Two paragraphs minimum required, but three or more is encouraged.)

Strengths:
    (What does your character have going for them? A minimum of three with at least one or two lines explaining each, preferably.)

Weaknesses:
    (What really holds your character back? The same rules for strengths apply here.)

The Reason Why:
    (Why has your character decided, despite the somewhat shady nature and presumed risks, to board the Ironwood and set out on their adventure? One paragraph should be enough for this.)

Background:
    (What was your characters life like before the events of the RP? Please explain your characters life, social class and whatever else you feel fit to include. Peasant or Noble? Servant or Working man? Loner or lover? You decide. A minimum of three paragraphs is appreciated, but I always love reading more. Still, don't feel pressured to write more than three if you don't wish to.)

Personal Effects:
    (Does your character carry any trinkets? Objects of personal value? Good luck charms worth mentioning? If your character is carrying a weapon then you can include it here as well, but do remember that most normal folks would not be doing as such. Also, pay attention to the time period, no mobile phones or the like... and weaponry has not advanced past the point of flintlock fire-arms.)

Other:
    (Is there any relevant information you can think of that doesn't fit into the categories above? Write it here!)

RP Sample:
    (Give me an idea as to your skills as an RP'er by posting a sample of your abilities, be it an original piece or a post from another RP. Pick something that really shows your stuff!)

***​

- Follow all of the already established RPC and PC rules and guidelines.

- Do not insult others by doing things like bunny, godmodding or autohitting. This is a fairly obvious one.

- I am the GM, I am a nice GM, but I am a GM. The password is "I like Trains", try to mention it casually somewhere in your SU or reservation. Feel free to address me with any ideas or problems but remember that what I say goes.

- Consider what is required of you as a person and an RPer. Do not attempt to join this RP if you will be incapable of posting once every two weeks minimum.

- Everybody loves joint posts. Feel free to do as many as you like here!

- Reserves last for five days before you get a question about your SU. Two more days and your reservation is cancelled and you will have to remake it. If somebody reserves your empty spot before you can re-reserve, well tough bananas I'm afraid.

- This RP is T rated. Don't get too gorey or descriptive about mature themes. Brawls, Romance and Dark situations are encouraged heavily, but don't take it too far.

- Have fun! No seriously, do, that's the point. If you feel like you're not having fun then tell me and I'll do my best to fix that for you.

~ Accepted - Rowin Odo, The Conductor - Deceptio

~~~~~~~~~~

~ Accepted - Aria Eliza Dominique - Deceptio

~ Accepted - James Bentley - gimmepie

~ Accepted - Carl Burk - MorallyIncorrect

~ Accepted - Cassandra Nightingale - Carnivore Chie

~ Accepted - Genevieve "Jenny" Abbot - The Last Sentinel

~ Accepted - Elizabeth "Beth" Marston - Sir Bastian

~ Accepted - Arsenè Grigori II - DreamOrDestruction

~ Reserved - GreyBidoof

~ Accepted - Elliot Temperley - Foxrally

~ Accepted - Lance Raleigh - Churaka

~ Accepted - Jane Folett - Sweet_Dreams

~ Accepted - Isaac Shearer - Raikiri

~~~~~~~~~~

~More spots MAY be added later in the story, if the demand is there for them. However twelve is currently the limit.~

Last edited:
    Years
  • This was quick o.O
    Anyway you know I love this idea so reserve me a spot, however I can't promise I'll be able to take part with my current workload/RP load/life load.

Reactions: Jay

Jay

Years
  • This was quick o.O
    Anyway you know I love this idea so reserve me a spot, however I can't promise I'll be able to take part with my current workload/RP load/life load.

I had a sudden burst of inspiration it's true. Just started and didn't stop. XD

Consider yourself reserved!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'll reserve a spot. This sounds fun. My character is going to be a gullible, good-hearted, ex-factory worker.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Hey bb, reserve me a spot please! This looks fantastically interesting.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Like the others, I find this really interesting and nice change of pace from the norm.

Unfortunately, I won't be joining, but I do wish you the best of luck. I'll keep my eye on the RP.

Jay

Years
  • Like the others, I find this really interesting and nice change of pace from the norm.

Unfortunately, I won't be joining, but I do wish you the best of luck. I'll keep my eye on the RP.

Ahh, it's a shame that you can't join. But I thank you for the interest regardless! Even if just the starting slots are filled I'll be happy. ^^

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • This is too good to pass up. Sign me up as a reporter/storywriter-esque character.

EDIT: It's all done! Go ahead and click her face to see a full image of her and her brothers :3

Elizabeth "Beth" Marston

"This reminds me of a story… hold on, let me get my notepad!"

26 // The Writer // Female

Appearance and Attire: Elizabeth is very different to your standard lady of this time's standards. She doesn't use makeup, she doesn't wear fine clothes or even dresses, and she only occasionally takes care of her hair and makes her clothes look nice.

Due to this, she's usually seen with slightly messy, brown hair (Though still put in a ponytail) and somewhat ruffled clothes or an unbuttoned shirt. She never was one for wearing dresses, not really seeing much of a point to it so far, and so she usually wears a combination of slightly heeled, otherwise flat shoes, a pair of trousers, a shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows, and a vest of some description over that. She occasionally also wears her brown six pence hat, which matches her vest, but usually only when outside and travelling.

As mentioned before, 'Beautiful' is not a word you would use to describe her. She isn't ugly by any stretch of the imagination, but she's the type of girl, where you could hide her hair under her hat, somehow make her chest seem smaller and add a bit of dirt here and there, and she could go for being a slightly lanky, young boy.

Hometown: Copper Creek is a rather large city, in the eastern region of the country, several days' journey away from Bellson. It's a very industrial city, with the same castes as everywhere else; Workers, middle-class, noblemen, etcetera. It lies next to a large river running through the country, and thus exports both work force, shipping of goods and much more. It's a regular trader's paradise, and the closest thing you get to a big city in this general area.

Personality: Elizabeth, or Beth as she usually prefers to be called, was never much of a lady in her manners or simply way of being. She's feminine, yes, but she doesn't mind having a drink in good company and possibly even get a little bit loud.

Usually very friendly, she can also put her foot down and call someone out on their bullcrap, not afraid to voice her opinion, rather than slink away quietly. Though if things get too heated, she starts getting a semi-panic attack and will need to get away from the cause of this and try to calm herself down in order to not freak out completely.

She's also very creative, enjoying thinking up scenarios and stories, and if she had a single artistic bone in her body, she would've become an artist in a heartbeat.

Strengths:
    • She has an eye for details. Somehow, Elizabeth has gained the uncanny ability of being able to spot little things that seem out of place, or picking up on odd or even just fitting things. It helps her writing, but it'll also aid her in noticing things such as whether a painting or object has been moved or the like. However, this can also be a downside, as she feels compelled to fix whatever thing she sees is out of place, such as a crooked painting, or a door that isn't completely closed.

• She's very creative. As mentioned before, she loves to think up scenarios, stories and the like, which helps her to be open-minded to both other people and their viewpoints, as well as seeing things from others' perspective.

• She doesn't mind saying it as it is. If she thinks you're lying, or that you're behaving wrongly towards someone else, she'll most often tell you. She's not a person to normally hold back her thoughts and opinions, which is usually both annoying, and a breath of fresh air at the same time, as most people seems to enjoy holding back their honest opinions.

Weaknesses:
    • She's a victim of her own mind. In high-stress situations, Elizabeth can be the victim of something akin to a panic attack, which will cause her mind to work in overtime and not let her think things through. This can be countered if she manages to get away from the situation, or if someone manages to calm her down.

• She smokes. Due to her sometimes stressed-out brain, Elizabeth has developed a taste for cigarettes. It helps calm her nerves, and she uses a special kind of tobacco that gives the cigarettes a nice, minty taste and scent, which she finds very enjoyable. However, this –does- mean that her stamina isn't always up to par, despite her being in fairly decent physical condition, and that she does have this sort of smokey-mint scent hanging around her a while after having a smoke.

• She's very forward. The downside of her speaking her mind comes in the form of people not often being very happy with her pointing out their wrongdoings or flaws, or even in the sense that she might not always be right. (Though when that's the case, she'll apologize for being wrong, but not for going through with it.)

• She's unsure of herself. Despite her forward-thinking and speaking ways, Elizabeth can be very doubtful of herself and her abilities. If she falls off the metaphorical horse, she –will- get back on it, but not until after facing the constant doubt that's living inside of her.

The Reason Why: Having grown up in her brothers' shadows and constantly trying (and failing) at succeeding with something as much as they have, Elizabeth heard about this mysterious train appearing, and knew that this was her chance to prove, once and for all, that she could be as great as her big brothers. Both to the world, and to herself.
    Writing stories has always been her great passion, and she knows that this is an opportunity a writer simply cannot miss. She plans on chronicling everything that happens on this ride and turning it into a novel.

Background: Elizabeth grew up with her two older brothers, Matt and David. Their parents died very early on in Elizabeth's life, so she doesn't remember much about them. For her entire life, her brothers have been the ones to take care of her, and have as such, become her role models.

Matt and David are both very calm, collected and to-the-point, on top of being incredibly intelligent, which is probably why they've respectively gained success in their chosen fields. Matt, gaining prestige in the world of science and medicine, and David, one of the best engineers the world has ever seen to date.

This, however, left Elizabeth very much in their shadow, struggling to try to become even a slight bit as successful as them, without much luck. She tried her hand at plenty of different fields, but nothing really stuck. She wasn't particularly good at anything, but eventually settled on a very simple job as a machinist, working on the docks with the various ships that came in for repairs, mainly in the engine-department.

It wasn't a well-paid job, nor did it make her happy. The only thing that –did- make her happy, however, was using her spare time to read and write. Despite loving to do both things, she never had any luck with her writing either. She's written several shorter stories, but it was never picked up on by the publishers, given her 'lack of experience'.

So she kept reading and writing, all the while working her thankless job, until the day she heard of The Ironwood, far off, in Bellson. Realizing that this was going to be her only chance, a shot at impressing and making her brothers proud of her, she took the first carriage out of town, headed straight for Bellson. By her calculations, she would just manage to reach the town on the day it was going to leave.

Now, she's on her way, her mind buzzing with excitement over this opportunity, carrying only her dearest posessions after having left their home with a small note for the brothers to find, explaining and apologizing for leaving. But, if she was determined and just a bit lucky, she'd return to Copper Creek, her head held high, an equal of her siblings. Finally.

Personal Effects: Elizabeth has brought a small suitcase with her, aside from the clothes on her back, and the hat on her head. Within said suitcase is a stack of papers, along with various writing tools, such as a pen, a pencil, notebook, eraser, etcetera. She's also bringing a spare change of clothes, her favourite book, a silvery cigarette case and her tobacco pouch and paper for rolling cigarettes.

On her person, she carries a small armband made of two, differently coloured leather strings. She made this when she was little to represent her brothers, and carries it on her left wrist. In a pocket of her vest, she carries a pocket watch, which was given to her by David on her fifteenth birthday, which she's always cared immensely for, even having gone as far as to having learned to take it apart and put it back together, in order to fix it, should it break.

Other: Nothing I can think of!

RP Sample: Linky!

Last edited:

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • I would to reserve a spot, I'll have my SU some time over the weekend if not sooner. I got the perfect idea for my character and everything.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    O_O was trying to read up on the GM post but spots seem to be flying. Can I reserve a spot now?

Jay

Years
  • O_O was trying to read up on the GM post but spots seem to be flying. Can I reserve a spot now?

I'm sorry but it seems you missed out on the flurry of sudden reservations. ^^'' Spots are closed for now unless a reservation should end unfinished.

However more spots may open in the future of the RP, so if you're still interested then then please don't hesitate to jump in.

Now then, everyone, in a single day;

*All Spots are filled! (With Reservations at least.) Thank you to everyone whom has reserved.*

Now then, everyone, a few people have been wondering what the gender ratio for the RP will be and are awaiting others submissions before deciding on a gender themselves.

To cut away at this needless waiting, if you have a definite idea for your characters gender or for anything about your character at all then I urge you to please share it to avoid too many similarities or perhaps an imbalance of genders.

Thank you all again for signing up (even those of you I forced gently convinced). I look forward to RPing with all of you!

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm reservin', Decepti-J. Just FYI everyone, I'll be making an extremely young character (a boy) so brace yourselves >:)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Alright, I think I'm gonna be going with... a female character. Should make it easier for other people to choose! (We need some more boys right now, wink wink, nudge nudge) ;3

Jay

Years
  • 501b1479-6155-490d-9ec8-b6a7538da298_zpsvwcprq9d.jpg

prida36.medium.png

Name:

Lady Aria Eliza Dominique of Bellson

"..And I am proud of it to."

"It IS rude to ask a lady her age you know?"

Appearance and Attire:

Described by those whom live within the town as the "Shimmering Rose of Bellson", Aria is known among the people of the small town as a figurehead and representation of the beauty hidden in the subtle nooks and crannies of the countryside. While some may would shun a girl with glistening red eyes to match already unsavory crimson locks as a daemon or some dangerous matter of the occult, the people of Bellson do not and instead compare her to the most beautiful and stunning rose imaginable. In short she is graceful, elegant and beautiful. Her features are long and delicate, yet carry a sort of resolute strength in spite of this. She would not describe herself as a delicate flower at all, but her people see her differently.

She dresses in the attire of a noblewoman, but tends to dress slightly unorthodox for the times, preferring to wear mostly her favourite color. Which, ironically enough, is red. A white corset is concealed by a stunning pink, red and maroon dress, her legs covered by plain white tights in turn. She stands as quite the stunning streak of crimson as she walks in contrast with the green hills of Bellson in the countryside, making it almost impossible not to give her at least a passing glance. She is aware of this as well, though it doesn't concern her much either way. She's had enough desperate suitors to know what staring eyes can feel like.

She has an uncanny obsession with hats as well, loving them to bits and tending to wear one wherever she goes. Her favourite is one that contributed to her nick name, a red flat top hat with a lace ring and two roses upon the trim... though she tends to replace the flowers regularly with any red blossoms she might spy along the road.

"Oh, well... I do like to look nice I suppose, but I don't think I'm really anything that special."

Hometown:

Aria is the daughter of the mayor of Bellson, she grew up in the town and has never set foot outside of its boundaries bar the occasional visit to another district for political affairs.

"I don't really get out much, I guess I'm needed here too often, a shame really."

Personality:

Resolute || Pure || Moral || Emotional || Stubborn​

"I don't much care for being defined in such a manner, but I suppose if you really must know..."

From a very young age Aria was shown to always try and look at and make the positive side of things a reality. Even when her Mother died at the age of ten, despite her tears and cries she still pulled through in the end and did everything she could to comfort her grieving father. Incredibly resolute and determined, Aria has developed the ability to never back down inspired by the people of Bellsons courage and her Mothers admirable struggle against illness. She makes an effort to never let a situation get to her, even if it looks dire.

Aria has never consumed alcohol, nor does she intend to. She has not allowed herself to inhale the scent of smoked tobacco, nor will she ever do so. She has been tempted with weakness in personality and evil in heart many a time, but she has not once given into it. Her personality is pure and she does everything in her power to maintain it. She does not despise others whom partake in substances, but she refuses to share their vices. She does despise those whom allow evil to bleed into them, however, and she fights with everything she has to avoid the path they follow. Some might find her puritan opinions on such things to be snobby or rude, but she feels she has the right to keep her opinion regardless. Her main focus of these opinions after all, is to stay as moral as she is. She has always been a firm believer in the ideas of justice and truth and as a lawyer and a person she constantly seeks to uphold them in all ways. Evil would corrupt her, intoxication might lower her guard.

Even with her resolute determination and puritan sense of morality, Aria cannot change the fact that she is a very emotional person whom tends to sway between feelings quickly. Easily embarrassed, angered, depressed and sometimes even afraid, this quick sway can be a very negative thing at times. Yet despite this, she is also the first to smile at a bright new day, quick to widen her eyes and gasp in wonder and awe and surely she is one of the most passionate people in the World when it comes to defending those and that which she might care for.

Perhaps the most bothersome aspect of Aria's personality is something that draws from almost every other shade that her personal spectrum can offer. This being, her stubborn behavior. Stubborn as a mule with its feet cemented into the ground, Aria can often get herself into trouble with others due to her inability to accept it when things don't go her way. It can help her occasionally, when debating in the court room, but in general social conventions it tends to turn others away.

Strengths:

Strong Willed:
    Aria is a fiercely determined young woman, unwilling to accept things as anything less than successful. She often impresses others with a steely resolve that lets her push through even the toughest situations with one of the best possible outcomes. Many people believe correctly that is is this drive that has kept the constantly struggling Bellson afloat for as long as it has. Compared to her Father, the mayor, the people of Bellson have tended to rely on Aria recently to deal with legal problems and monetary concerns for their home. Without her drive and passion Bellson surely would have already fallen to pieces.

"If I can do something and I must do something then it will be done, that which has to be done now is something I can do. So I will do it!"

Deductive:
    Studying for years to be a lawyer in order to protect her town from its financial crisis, this combined with Aria's childhood dreams of solving mysteries have helped her to hone a keen mind and deductive edge. One of the most talented law smiths in the country, Aria is capable of including every little bit of information she has gathered and put together in order to come out with a logical solution... and only if it is the proven truth will she accept otherwise. She's capable of deducing conclusions and solving problems on the large and small scale if she has the appropriate evidence. She's the kind of person who can get to the root of any mystery should she have the time or motivation, be it your typical murder mystery, a simple missing quill or even the eventual fate of the entire town of Bellson.

"As a little girl Father would tell me all about the constables and crime fighters whom protected the common folk by solving puzzles and mysteries. I knew even when toddling around the manor as a child that I wanted to live a similar life."

Kindhearted and Empathetic:
    Aria is a kind and considerate person, always taking others feelings into account unless she finds it necessary to do otherwise. She feels that unless someone has done something truly horrible that they still have enough vulnerability in their hearts to be hurt... and she doesn't see the point in hurting people. She is willing to hurt others if it means protecting that which is dearer to her, but she thinks those whom are just plain horrible to anybody at all for the sake of it are poor excuses for people. She bases herself and her feelings off of how she herself would want to be treated. This has lead her to be somewhat of an empathy driven soul when compared with her skills in deduction. She always seems to have a way with knowing what others are feeling and if someone is truly hurting inside then she will do her best to help them.

"There are no good or bad people... there are just people. Everybody has something they hold close to their hearts and that alone shows that they have a heart at all."

Weaknesses:

Inability to Decline:
    Unless in a court room defending her client or accusing a defendant... Aria is rather the big pushover. She finds it difficult to decline people whom ask her for things nicely enough. Sometimes silly little tasks that others could do normally fall to her because someone might be feeling a little bit lazy or selfish. As a Lady, people rarely ask her for things regardless, but now on a journey where every party present may just be on equal footing it may just be a problem. Granted if a person asks in a horrible manner or is known to be a horrible person by Aria, then the answer they receive will be a solid "No", of that you can be certain. If Aria were to be tricked into believing someone to be better than they are? Well then such a thing may leave her in a dangerously gullible position.

"It's nice to be nice, that's all. I don't really see the issue here."

Physically Weak:
    Resolute and strong willed as she may be, Aria was still pampered for most of her life and no amount of willpower can overcome a glaring physical weakness apart from in the most extreme of adrenaline fueled circumstances. Aria is not strong, in fact she's really rather weak. She has trouble lifting most heavy objects and her frailty means that physical fights would almost always end badly for her unless she can find some way to think her way out of it or deduce some sort of advantage she could give herself. This is yet another reasons as to why she is compared to a flower, she is known to be delicate and her elegant and pretty appearance doesn't offer much in the way of changing that opinion.

"Yes, yes I admit I'm not strong alright? Hmph, we're not all powerhouses now are we?"

Stubborn:
    Attributed to her noble birth and resolute determination, Aria is a very stubborn girl whom fights tooth and nail to get her way. It's almost comical how stubborn she can be, though in many ways it has assisted her in her work as a lawyer and bulwark of defense for Bellson. When things don't go her way and the outcome is unavoidable she'll puff out her cheeks, cross her arms and huff and puff in a subtle childish annoyance. Some apparently find this endearing, though it is rumored that her father is growing rather tired of it.

"I am not stubborn. You really don't know what you're talking about after all, do you? Hmph."

The Reason Why:

The town of Bellson has been suffering financially for the greater part of two years, constantly threatening to collapse in on itself and full asunder. Aria as a lawyer has done everything she can to fight for her little village and people with everything she has, be it as a lawyer or as a person in general. She has kept Bellson alive for all of this time but even she has limits. She realizes that she can only now buy the town time before it lays defeated.

The day the sun rose on Bellson and the bustle on the streets directed her to the posters outside was the day that her decision was made. She would not falter now, she would leave Bellson behind in order to save it later. Many people feel betrayed by Lady Aria's actions as they do not understand her reasoning. To them she is simply trying to escape and abandon the town forever. She dare not tell them otherwise in fear of giving them false hope that she cannot fulfill. She knows there will be risks, but the riches promised by the Ironwood could not only save Bellson... but also elevate it to be one of the greatest areas in all of Ammitia. Leaving her beloved town in confidence to her father, whom she believes can find the hope to defend it again, she prepares her things and readies herself to step onto the Ironwood express despite all risks and scorn that entails.

"People of Bellson, I beg of you forgive my actions. But I must leave you now, whether you realize it or not, I do what I do now to save you from your fate."

Background:

"You're crying!...Papa?! What's the matter... aren't we going to see Mama today?"

"Oh Aria, Princess, don't worry Daddy is fine honey... I'm-"

"...we can't go and see Mama anymore... can we Papa?"

"No sweetheart... we- I'm so sorry Aria, I'm so sorry."

Aria's birth was a near miracle. Her Mother had fallen extremely ill a month before she was due and it looked like both the Mother and little Aria would die before she could be conceived. Aria's father wept for days as his resolve was broken, the idea of losing the woman he loved and the child he would come to adore tortured his mind and he could do nothing to prevent it. He knew of no way to stop illness from taking them away. He had no options left and he fell into desperation, despair and depression. That is... until a stranger offered to him, a chance. A man with a green and black suit and a small top hat upon his head. His teeth looked sharpened yet his demeanor was friendly and his voice was calm. He sat before the old mayor, approaching from seemingly out of nowhere with a smile on his face.

"I can save them both, for a certain favor in return I can keep them alive."

Whatever that price was, the mayor was more than willing to pay.

***​

Aria was born as a beautiful baby girl with unusually piercing red eyes. Such an oddity was incredibly rare and almost unheard of and many might choose to shun a young one for such difference. But not Aria's family, not her father and mother... whom were always grateful for the precious child they had. Aria was brought up to be the successor to the house of Dominique, the presiding manor of the town of Bellson and one of the richest small Lordships in all of Ammitia. She was adored by her family and the people of Bellson both for her quick learning, sharp mind and polite and pretty demeanor. Her father would tell her stories of Constables and Detectives, he himself once being one such man. Inspired as she was, Aria dreamed of being a person whom could protect others even from such young ages as five or six.

However she only had to start putting these practices to use upon her tenth year of life.

Aria had heard that her mother had been sickly for a very long time and that her surviving Aria's own childbirth was nothing short of a miracle. The disease that the woman suffered from was unknown to all doctors and physicians in the country... and Aria always knew somewhere inside that she wouldn't have her Mother in her later life. In the final days of her existence Lady Dominique was moved to the finest hospital ward that the humble town of Bellson could provide. Lord Dominique and little Aria would visit her sickly Mother each passing day and spend hours together, just enjoying each others company as if all present knew that such times would never last.

On a cool and breezy Sunday morning, Aria walked into her Fathers study to see crying with tears that he could not control.

And the little girl knew that she would not be visiting her Mother that day.

What she didn't know however was that this was the beginning of the end for Bellson.

***​

Aria began to focus her studies on law and politics as she grew older. She was convinced more than ever since her Mothers death that she would be someone who could protect others. Just as when she was ten, when she put on her bravest face to protect her grieving father. She studied in Bellson, under the tutelage of her townships finest teachers, lawmen and constables. Dedicated to her cause with a brewing resolution that would come to define the person that she is today. However, as she forced herself to excel, her father sunk further down into nothing. The town became badly managed, staff began to quit and leave apart from those most loyal to Aria and her father, shops closed and jobs became less and less available. Bills weren't paid to the state and the little towns debts began to stack higher and higher.

Two years before this story took place Bellson finally came under threat of being overrun and dilapidated by the Ammitian government, however at this time it had a new leader to defend it. Aria, now taking the title of Lady Aria Eliza Dominique, had taken her studies to extraordinary height and at the tender age of twenty-three she earned a full education and received the right to become a lawyer in order to defend her home in the legal battle that came to knock on its door. For two straight years she has defended Bellson tooth and nail, but now even she realizes that she can't keep fighting forever. She's pushing the tides themselves back in a losing battle and nothing short of a miracle akin to that which conceived her could salvage her lost homestead now.

But just as she felt ready to give up such a miracle occurred.

The Ironwood Express, a dangerous venture that could earn one riches beyond the wildest dreams of even the greatest noble. That is what the poster entailed, that is what the people proclaimed in the streets as they debated the validity of the entire thing. It was too suspicious to take on is what the general consensus believed. But not her, not Aria. She had wished for a miracle... and she knew in her heart that this was just that. A miracle to save her home and her people from disappearing forever.

In secret on the day before the trains departure she packed her bags away, aware that the people would hate her for abandoning them now. But she knew she had no choice. The night passed and the morning came on what was soon to be the grandest adventure of this young woman's life. To save her town, to save her people, to save her father, she could do this... she would do this.

"Father..."

"Aria... those bags... oh please Sweetheart, please don't leave me alone, please not you too.

"I am leaving Bellson in your hands until I return. I am leaving with the train, when I return with the fortunes it promises I will use them to return Bellson to what it once was. My home. Our home."

"Aria please... think with sense, you can't! You can't leave your father behind... I need you... this town needs you!

"I believe in you Father. I know you can do this for me until my return."

Aria... Aria, princess wait! Stop! Come back Aria!

"Goodbye... Papa."

"Aria?! Aria! ARIA!"

She had already pushed back out the door as her old and downhearted father attempted to move after her. Taking to the streets with nothing but a small bag of clothes in hand, she heads to the miraculous station with her burning resolution shimmering in her heart,

Personal Effects:

Red flat top hat:
    Aria loves hats, but this one given to her by her father on her 20th birthday is still her favorite. The simple red hat is adorned with a ring of black lace which allows various flowers to be inserted into it. Obviously the hat is most usually on her head, but when nervous or embarrassed she tends to take it off and clench it by the rim to comfort herself. It's a very special item to her and if she were to lose it she would get very upset. It may just be the only physical object she is overly protective of, which is rather rare for a noble.

"What?... Hats are pretty..."

Other:

N/A

"I can't seem to think of anything else relevant..."

RP Sample:

I'm the GM sillies. I know what my skill level is already.

"He's right you know!"

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023

Genevieve "Jenny" Abbot

"I like trains. Some of the most exciting stories I've heard about start on one."

19 // The Servant Girl // Female

Appearance and Attire: For a simple servant girl, many consider Genevieve to be young and beautiful. The girl's dark, brown eyes proudly rest upon her oval-shaped face, giving off a sense of confidence that only seems to be supported by her other features. It isn't uncommon for one to find a smile on her thin lips. Her small, refined nose only seems to match the rest of her face. Her straight auburn hair flows down her back and the long bangs that border her smooth features accentuate the color of her hazel eyes.

On the day of the journey, Genevieve wore something similar to a princess-line dress that complements her thin frame. It is designed in a panel-like structure where, although it looks like several pieces of clothing, it is actually one singular piece. The "under dress" as it seems to appear like, is plain white with no noticeable decoration aside from the top black piece. The black part of her dress is a sight to behold. With classic Juliet-styled sleeve and frilly wrists, the top part meets the "under dress" at the center of her body. This change, signaled by the lace frills on the inside, are further connected by a belt at the waist and several ribbons that begin at her collar and end just over her stomach.

Hometown: Bloomgarden, the Town of Flowers, is a town located Northeast of Bellson and is known far and wide for its beautiful expanse of meadows just outside the town. It is obvious that its citizens are quite proud of the title, as many can be found throughout town, particularly in the hair of young women. In comparison, it is much better economically due to its prime location in terms of trading and other services. As such, it is highly likely that one will run into a popular lord or lady, or more likely there servants, doing their errands around the town. It has been led by the same, humble mayor for years now and many of the populace agree that they wouldn't change anything about the town.

Personality: Bloomgarden is known for its beautiful expanse of flowers -- both in terms of landscape and people. Of all the flowers in Bloomgarden, Jenny is certainly a prime pick. Why, you ask? To start, Genevieve is a genuinely kind, independant girl who constantly strives to be the best as she can be. As such, she always tries to be nice and polite to those around her, particularly when such a demeanor is needed. Its often very likely that one would find her in the midst of a conversation, even if it was with a stranger. She enjoys making friends and loves to joke around, though she would never go too far, such as playing a cruel prank or being mean in her jokes.

The youth's most defining trait would most likely be her curiosity. Whether it be in talking to a new person in town, exploring the town or forest nearby, or even in reading a new book. At this point, it would be fairly obvious that Genevieve is adventurous. To this day, she enjoys hearing the stories that she grew up with. Tales of intrigue and amazing exploits have always driven her curiosity, pushing her to the resolution that an adventure would be just the thing for her.

Of course, for one to be a successful adventurer, they needed to be smart. Genevieve definitely isn't lacking in this department and is thus very cautious when such a thing is needed. Even when certain things fascinate her beyond belief, she knows that she must be smart when handling the situation. Though it rarely calls for it in her current life, the auburn-haired girl rarely gets frightened.

However, things aren't always flowers and adventure. If a situation does end up going out of her control, Jenny could be easily discouraged in her endeavors. She dislikes bullies and won't stand for people who believe they are above others. People like this tend to easily anger or sadden her and often times, she won't calm down until quite a while after the situation is resolved.

Strengths:

Charismatic: There's something about Genevieve that people just seem to like. Not everyone, of course, but enough to tell that she inherited the charisma of a noble. She has a way of making people laugh, and her kindness and sincerity make it hard to believe she means any ill-will (which she never does). Jenny tries to empathize with everyone and in her nineteen years has gotten quite good at making good company with others.

Passionate: As a passionate person, Genevieve feels strongly about many things. Most important to her, however, is her friends and the adventure. She will often stop at nothing to help a friend in need, going as far as to protect them in dangerous situations, even when she knows she couldn't handle it herself.

Confident: Jenny is very confident is almost everything that she does. Be it work, social interaction, or most other activities, she believes that she will do it well. Even with the most stressful of situations, Genevieve strives to accomplish the task with as much poise as possible.

Weaknesses:

Clumsy: As with all women who live in a noble home, especially ones with privileges Genevieve received, it is common knowledge to have poise and balance. However, hanging around Genevieve for long enough will make it obvious that she didn't make high grades in this lesson. Jenny is always tripping over rocks, ledges, her feet, and the occasional blade of grass. It's a wonder how she makes it through this world intact. Maybe her knack for falling also comes with the gift of self-healing!

Unyielding: Of course, being confident in what she does makes her… Stubborn. If Genevieve sets her mind on doing something, she will not stop until it is completely finished or until it has been determined that nothing can be done. If it is impossible to complete what she has set out to do, she will often times blame herself, causing her to be sad or even angry depending on the importance of the situation.

Impatience: Genevieve can be very impatient depending on the situation. She doesn't like to wait extra time when the job can be done as quickly as possible. After all, that's time that she can use to explore or talk with others. If she was told at one to get a job done by five, guess when the job was done? 1:15 depending. If only walking didn't take so long. Her impatience can sometimes get in the way of cordial conversations, but her upbringing has taught her to hold fast. She could get through the wait and when she did… Oh boy.

The Reason Why: Genevieve has always been a girl looking for adventure. Although the bustling town where she had grown up was an amazing place to many outsiders, she found it quite boring after several years. Every time she traveled down the main street, she saw the same methodical actions being performed day after day. She would see the same shops, the same trading caravans, and the same people. Knowing many of the amazing stories that the lord had told her as she grew older, she knew that the only way to get the change of pace that she so desperately craved was to leave the town behind and search for the adventure herself. With the allowance of her family and her lord, she set off. The train was just what she needed.

Background: Several generations ago, Genevieve's ancestors were powerful and wealthy, much like many of the lords in the world today. In fact, the Abbot family was as powerful as the Tobba family, a current benefactor of the town of Bloomgarden. Though many would consider the families rivals, they were actually good friends in many ways. This friendship was particularly apparent after the Abbot family found themselves in a mess financially due to assets that were not exactly a good choice to invest in. Due to this bad investment, the family eventually found themselves in debt with no way to pay off what they owed. The generous Tobba family were the first to help the Abbot's and through a legal contract, managed to pay off the families debt in exchange for the Abbot's servitude.

Generations later, Genevieve was born into the same state of indentured servitude as her father and his father before him. Of course, it wasn't as if this made her life incredibly hard. Despite the fact that they were servants, the family remained good friends with their lords. Aside from her father, Lord Anthony Tobba has always been one of the nicest men in her life, often considering not only her family, but many of the other in his servitude as equals. He, through his own numerous adventures and reasonable investments, has been one of the most successful lords in his family for more generation than could be remembered. It wasn't uncommon for him to leave for one of his adventures, Genevieve's father, Tully, in tow.

She couldn't count the number of tales that had been told to her by the men. Each one always seemed more interesting than the last. Though many of the trips probably weren't as exciting as the stories, Genevieve couldn't help but wish for such things to happen to her.

It wasn't long before Genevieve found herself old enough to explore the town by herself. It was indeed large, particularly to the young girl who had only ever left the town on small walks with her mother. She was finally given a chance to explore the town. She would look for every nook and cranny, talk to anyone she could, and even go as far out of the town as was allowed. However, things quickly became boring. You could only see the same thing so many times and be content about it.

Personal Effects: Aside from a few changes of clothing, Genevieve only has two objects that she values: her red scarf given to her by her mother and a small, silver pocket watch that was bestowed upon her by the lord for whom her family had worked.

RP Sample: Here~

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Oh BTW, question - when and where do we start our first post? Is it in the train? The day before departure? Or is it as everyone is waiting outside the train?

Back