• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my emerald team

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
This is my emerald team and i'm planning on it becoming my pride and joy. by the way i'm playing this on the vba and used the wild pokemon modifer cheat to get these guys and got them at victory road in their 30s/40s but have trained them myself,havnt used eny rare candy cheats,levele modifers ETC. and i chose this team cos i think half of them are underused [and cos they look cool] POLITOED [Lv53] surf-hypnosis-perish song-psychic RAICHU [Lv62] thunder-hyper beam-dynamicpunch-thunderbolt AERODACTYL [Lv54] bite-hyper beam-supersonic-fly ARCANINE [Lv64] bite-hyper beam-roar-fire blast PERSIAN [Lv55] slash-return-hyper beam-screech MACHAMP [Lv59] cross chop-fire blast-hyper beam-revenge

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
One of the things I'm noticing is your use of Hyper Beam. While strong, it leaves you open for basically anything the next turn, the same of which can be said for any two turn attacks. There are even more reasons why it isn't useful on Raichu, Aerodactyl, Arcanine and Machamp: STAB. Persian actually gains from using it, whereas everyone else... doesn't. You're also probably going to need to relearn a few attacks here, too. :x

Anyway, going to to go through individually!

When it comes to Arcanine, Hyper Beam is no use at all, instead, you'd probably be better off with Extremespeed since it has priority, and when the opponent is faster than you, and you know if they hit first you're dead, so Extremespeed can ensure they die first, rather than you if it's a close battle. If you want, you could replace Bite with Flamethrower OR Sunny Day, if you intend to keep Machamp w/ Fire Blast since Bite doesn't really offer much coverage for what you'd be otherwise weak to.

Raichu isn't very useful with Dynamic Punch since there's a 50% accuracy, so you could try Brick Break, although weaker, it would still have the desired effect of a fighting type attack. As for replacing Hyper Beam, it's up to you, but it's better it is replaced - just make sure you don't replace it with Dig otherwise you'll end up setting yourself up for death against someone with EQ.

In terms of Aerodactyl, go for Wing Attack rather than Fly, because Fly is a two-turn attack and if someone uses Protect (unlikely in-game but still) and then something with priority, yeah you have no chance then, but it's still dangerous to use two turn attacks so beware of them. Hyper Beam can be replaced with Ancient Power since it's STAB, 100% accuracy, etc, so why not? You could always replace Bite with Flamethrower in order to beat Ice types that you're weak against, and since Aerodactyl has good speed, you'd be able to cover your bases there imo.

For Persian, Screech isn't useful since if the opponent switches out the effect ends. You could replace it with anything you don't already have coverage for, there's nothing in particular I can think of so that's up to you. Hyper Beam you can keep if you want but it's a double edged sword.

Machamp could also do with replacing Hyper Beam, but again that's up to you on what you want. Just make sure it's not something chance based, like Dynamic Punch (since no guard isn't @ gen 3) or risky like Focus Punch.

Good luck with your team either way. :)

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
i know hyper beam has it's disadvantages but it get's the job done in emerald especially since my pokemon have high atack stats btw i accidently wrote hyper beam instead of extremespeed for arcanine

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
Well I would recommend using counter type moves (ex: Charizard with solarbeam against a Golem) So I would recommend teaching your Arcanine sunny day & solarbeam (if it can learn solarbeam) because let's say your last Pokemon is that Arcanine & your opponent has a Blastoise left, you would be done for if you use your current moveset but if you give it a move which Blastoise is weak to (like solarbeam) you would be able to defeat it! Hope this helps! :)

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
Years
Let's forget about the moves, it's true your pokemons are cool
and strong, but what're you gonna do if you fight against
a team made of ghost pokemons? your team has many weaknesses.
If you want my advice,i think you should use pokemons with many
types (Ex: Nidoking, Crobat, Golduck) they're usefull and have
few weaknesses, if you like your team too much that you
don't wanna change it then it's okay, but you should at least
make an extra team in your PC.

Back