• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shimmer Gold and Rising Silver

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
  • I just want to mention that in the last screenshot in your last post (two above mine), the shadow is just wrong. Remember that the camera is looking down on the Pokéworld at an angle, and that lamp posts are normally vertical. You want the light source to be at the base of the lamp post, not on the shiny bit at the top.

I don't think many people realise this, even though it's rather obvious when you think about it.

I never acctually thought about that. I did my lamps exactly like @World does :D something more people should notice.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Good point there, but, if you put the shadow source at the base 2 problems occur:
    num 1. the base will glow at night, what looks just wrong
    num 2. the shadow will be throw further away then when put above and that looks wrong and also the angle of RMXP games depends on the tileset
    I'll show you some screenies later to explain, but I'll try to find a way around that :D. Thanks for commenting, you inspired me to experiment. If u find moore thinks I can fix then please say.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Good point there, but, if you put the shadow source at the base 2 problems occur:
    num 1. the base will glow at night, what looks just wrong
    num 2. the shadow will be throw further away then when put above and that looks wrong and also the angle of RMXP games depends on the tileset
    I'll show you some screenies later to explain, but I'll try to find a way around that :D. Thanks for commenting, you inspired me to experiment. If u find moore thinks I can fix then please say.

The first point you mention is wrong. The shadow event should be turned on by a script switch "s:Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=19" which many people don't do. This will only make the shadow appear at night (the time the lamps are on), and the shadow event shouldn't be named "OutdoorLight". That will stop it glowing and it will only show the shadow at night when the upper part of the lamp is glowing.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • BIIG NEWS

Ok, I first i fixed it, shadow source begins at the bottom, but the shiny thing glows, it works fine and the shadow looks normal :D. And I've removed the Pokeball from the boxes.
    Ok now to the actual news a new feature:
    POKEMON ADOPTION: Ok here is the thing, once in a while you may come across some lost Pokemon in the wild. You have the choice to adopt that Pokemon. If you do the Pokemon will act as any other in your party except:
    1. It can't be deposited in a PC
    2. Sice it's not actually yours, it has no pokeball so it follows you around
    3. You can get rid of it by finding it's trainer, but you don't have to, or the Pokemon may refuse to go back, in which case it's trainer will give you it's pokeball, so it becomes truly yours :D
    Tell me what you think about that.
    PS. I put the screenies to show an example, Cubone will not be in actual gameplay
    Oh, and I plan to release a Alpha version soon :)

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Update August

Thanks to everyone for the comments,PM's and mails. :)
    Here is a small update:
    The shots show the players home (the mom over-world will most-likely be replaced).
    There is also a shot of the finalized battle boxes :)
    A shot with new graphics, the pink houses, if you like it I'll keep them and make more customs if not, well.
    And a shot of the Title Screen.

Off topic: If anyone has a Crystal (Kris) back battle sprite, then please PM me, cause I'm not that well with trainer sprites thanks.

Back