• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need. Anime. Now

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • I'm really bored and I know there's a lot of Anime nerds out here who have seen live 414514354 series. I want to watch a series and I'm not too picky about which type it is.

I do like it to be funny (not too serious), and a good watch overall.

I seen:

• Bleach
    • Naruto
    • Death Note
    • School Rumble
    • Ai Yori Aoishi
    • Shuffle!

So, prescribe me a drug to fill my anime need.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • COWBOY BEBOP.

COWBOY BEBOP.

And, in case it didn't register with you the first two times:

COWBOY BEBOP.

It will blow your mind away. Be sure to watch it in English, as it has perhaps the best English dub ever. I've yet to meet someone who didn't like Cowboy Bebop.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Pandora Hearts is great once you get into it and get half way through the first series. There are also some very witty personalities you can't help but to be keen on. Google it and watch a few episodes. Although compared to your afore mentioned anime's I would say it's maybe a little more mature and the style is vintage anime, with lesser laughs than the one's you've seen, I would recommened anyone who likes anime to watch it regardless!

Bay

Years
  • I only watched a couple episodes, but FLCL is a great one. The art has this weird but cool style, the music is great, and also the characters are quite fun. Also, it's very funny, even when there are some breaking the fourth wall moments.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I did start of Soul Eater, but I never finished. I look to finish the series later on.

It looks like I'll watch Fullmetal Alchemist. I've heard a lot about it and you guys seem to enjoy it so I guess I'll give it a shot.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • COWBOY BEBOP.

COWBOY BEBOP.

And, in case it didn't register with you the first two times:

COWBOY BEBOP.

It will blow your mind away. Be sure to watch it in English, as it has perhaps the best English dub ever. I've yet to meet someone who didn't like Cowboy Bebop.
    I didn't like the dub as much as the sub, though I will admit it was better than most. As usual, I recommend watching it in whatever language you prefer. :/

Also, I personally recommend Hellsing. It's like the essence of awesome in anime form.

KUROXFAI

in ure brain
    Years
  • I say Fullmetal Alchemist, Death-note, DN Angel, W Juliet, Tsubasa Reservoir Cronicals (sad at times), Fruits Basket, Legend of Chun Hyang, Kobato, Love Hina, xxxHolic (really sad-runs paralel to Tsubasa), Naruto, Pet shop of Horrors, srry can't think of any more... will post more l8er

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    And nobody has mentioned Gurren Lagann yet?
    You watch Naruto and Bleach but not Gurren Lagann?!!!

It's funny, action packed, and so epic that it literally defies logic and does the impossible.

"JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Team Gurren way!"

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you!"

If you like Naruto and Bleach, this anime will blow you out the water and kick your ass back in there.

Seriously, check it out.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • -Fullmetal Alchemist DUB
    I'd say, the dub is superb. I like watching RAWs and SUBs, but the first anime's dub is excellent. There are jokes that don't exist in the Japanese original, and the voice actors got it spot on. :D
    I just LOOOVVVVVEEEEE Armstrong's voice~!

-Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Since it isn't dubbed yet.
    The first half wasn't that good because it's too fast and the jokes were kinda forced, but when LIIIIINNNNGGGG came, the show turned upside-down and epic.
    I WANT MAI LIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG YYYYYAAAAAAOOOO.

Guitar

insane little bug
    Years
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    This may offend some people here, but don't bother watching the 2003 anime. It doesn't follow the manga, while Brotherhood does and seems to be getting far superior even 24 episodes through.

Gurren Lagann
    You must watch this. In fact, just about everyone on the planet needs to watch this in one point of their lives. It's an amazingly uplifting series, with action sequences that put Hollywood to shame and lovable main characters. Fantastic animation.

Clannad

Another absolute masterpiece. This series could make you cry a lot later on. Love the characters also. Again, fantastic animation.

Toradora

If you like romance even a little bit, this is a must-watch. Basically the great anime equivalent of the chick-flick romcom.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Finally somebody co-signs on Gurren Lagann. lol

Years
  • Clannad
    Another absolute masterpiece. This series could make you cry a lot later on. Love the characters also. Again, fantastic animation.
    I back this recommendation (then again, I'd recommend Clannad to everyone from elderly to 8 year olds -punched-). It's very funny and whimsical earlier on, and still has its humorous touches later on. Clannad's story will actually intrigue you; I don't think you'll mind the seriousness too much once you get deep into the whole story. Yes, it's a huge tearjerker, but it's also heartwarming, and funny at times too.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Need. Anime. Now

3 words. Law. Of. Ueki.

Oh, and as you see in my sig, watch Case Closed. In fact, I can sum up the plot to you and you decide:
    FROM EPISODE 2 OPENING:

My name's Jimmy/Shinichi Kudo, and I've always wanted to be a great detective. Over the years I've worked at perfecting the craft and pressed almost everyone. Except maybe Rachel/Ran. But then some bad guys ambushed me, slipping me some kind of poison that was supposed to kill me, but just shrunk me down to a child. Now what I'm I going to do...

And, where's One Piece, just wondering.

And if you like sports mangas, trust me, Eyeshield 21 is the only one that manages to cross decent.

Last edited:
    Back