• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i personally prefer spirals

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • hello altairis here with a really important question. what type of mac and cheese do you prefer? i'm not really talking types of cheese but the shapes. do you prefer the TV show/cartoon/etc shaped mac and cheese? elbows? shells? spirals? everyone in my dorm is trying to convince me elbows are the best but they're obviously the worst so I need an internet opinion. thanks guys.

Years
  • I honestly love all shapes of pasta, and the same goes with that's used in mac and cheese... All though the shape does seem to change things somehow.
    Here's my tier of sorts...

elbow > spiral > cartoon shape > shells

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
  • The problem with this question is that the types of shells you want to use DEPEND on the types of cheese.

Certain sauces that are thicker go better with different types of pasta. Geeenerally I find using thicker cuts suits heavy, creamy sauces better. (Yes! You can vary the cheese sauce part of Mac N Cheese)

For example, imagine Angel Hair Alfredo. That thick, white, creamy alfredo sauce just drowning out the helpless thin noodles.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Mac..?

[five minutes pass]

Oh, macaroni? Why would you shorten that on a forum thread?
    I've only ever had... elbows? I'd just call them tubes, honestly... I guess either way sounds stupid though.

thick, white, creamy
    Yep, this is definitely a post by Murmansk.

Sirfetch’d

Best mac and cheese tbh! Though my grandma used to make some really good homemade mac and cheese before she passed. I should find her recipe

Years
  • I always think of elbow macaroni when I think of mac and cheese, so I'll go with that answer.
    Although shells are pretty nifty too.

Not that I eat much mac and cheese in the first place to care too much, I'm far too lazy to make homemade stuff and I'm not the biggest fan of boxed stuff. :(

pkmin3033

/relevant

I'm not overly keen on mac and cheese - chicken and bacon pasta in cheese sauce FTW - but we always had shells; I don't think I've ever actually had it with anything else...because shop bought mac and cheese tastes like melted cardboard, it's something you need to prepare yourself. xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm someone who likes pasta, and I pretty much like any shape of pasta but my ideal topping of choice is pesto and sprinkled with cheese. Really yummy so definitely try it.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • elbows is easily the best type of pasta and I find it baffling that anyone could have a strong opinion otherwise. they're just the optimally shaped noodle. but I'm not picky. **** bowties though.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Cartoon shape > spiral > elbow > shell

For some reason I find that the cartoon and spiral shaped mac and cheese tastes the best.

I LOVE pasta, so im not super picky. Elbows are probably my fav with by itself or with sauce.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • oml y'all aren't reading the question im asking SPECIFICALLY what SHAPE of mac n cheese not what type of sauces or brand you like to eat lol this is what i get for writing it when im tired af

calling chase out personally for reasons
    Kraft

Best mac and cheese tbh! Though my grandma used to make some really good homemade mac and cheese before she passed. I should find her recipe
    DID SHE USE ELBOWS??

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Shells are good for just making some for yourself on a day to day basis. But for holidays when you go to pull out all the stops and actually make some good mac n cheese nothing beats elbows.

Back