• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Chrystos, just recently downloaded this game and played up to the Iris gym. I'm loving this game so far.

I've found some bugs:
1. Whenever I use teleport using Gardevoir, I end up in Regalia town, even if I've not reached it yet. I've tride it in different places and the result is all the same.
2. When my Pokémon's HP reaches the red color, the sound warning us about the low HP doesn't appear. It's not a huge problem but it's a bit annoying to be in the heat of a battle and suddenly finding my pokémon fainted without any warning. Just thought I'd let you know about the small bug.
3. In every house in Iris town, you can walk through the wall near the dresser.
Those are the only bugs I've found.

I also have some questions if you don't mind answering:
1. What do I do with the pokémon egg found in oracle forest and the odd stone found in crysta cave?
2. So far, I haven't seen any gen 6 pokémon I could get besides the starters. Please tell me if there are any that I can get. I just want to try some of them.

Aside from that, great job on the hack. It's one of the best hacks I've ever played. Looking forward to finish this version and for the next release.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Had fun playing this a couple days ago. Definitely a lot of potential here. If I remember correctly, there is a small typo somewhere in the pond tournament dialogues, "batle" or something similar. I could be wrong though.
    Either way, I liked the difficulty/balancing in general. Except for Hone Claws Weavile, that thing is a monster. ;]

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    No, in my experience, the two difficult parts were the Drapion and defeating the Alakazam on the small tournament at Wisteria Town. But that was because I was not high level at the time. I think just by increasing the levels of the wild Pokémon you can fix it, no need to decrease the level of the trainers. Also, I think you can just make Audino appear in a special way, that way it's guaranteed they'll find it but not too often.

One thing I found, not related to the above, is that Aipom didn't evolve ones it learned Double Hit, even after leveling it up once again after that. Not sure if the method was changed, though. Also, is there a way to evolve Misdreavus in the game?

Yeah I've only increased wild pokémon levels a bit, and weakened Drapion since it can be annoying. The Alakazam fight isn't a fight you have to win, if you lose you just don't get the reward and only get HM02 for participating. I'll try to think of a unique way to encounter Audino.

Aipom's evolution hasn't been added yet, I should have at least made it evolve by level but I didn't, it'll be able to evolve in the next release, though. And there's a Dusk Stone hidden in Regalia Tower, I think.

Hey Chrystos, just recently downloaded this game and played up to the Iris gym. I'm loving this game so far.

I've found some bugs:
    1. Whenever I use teleport using Gardevoir, I end up in Regalia town, even if I've not reached it yet. I've tride it in different places and the result is all the same.
    2. When my Pokémon's HP reaches the red color, the sound warning us about the low HP doesn't appear. It's not a huge problem but it's a bit annoying to be in the heat of a battle and suddenly finding my pokémon fainted without any warning. Just thought I'd let you know about the small bug.
    3. In every house in Iris town, you can walk through the wall near the dresser.
    Those are the only bugs I've found.

I also have some questions if you don't mind answering:
    1. What do I do with the pokémon egg found in oracle forest and the odd stone found in crysta cave?
    2. So far, I haven't seen any gen 6 pokémon I could get besides the starters. Please tell me if there are any that I can get. I just want to try some of them.

Aside from that, great job on the hack. It's one of the best hacks I've ever played. Looking forward to finish this version and for the next release.

The bugs you found were reported earlier and fixed, thanks! You give the Pokémon Egg to Nate in Wisteria and he returns it to you after the tournament, hatched. The Odd Stone, you have the option to give it to Lucia or keep it, that's all I'll say for now.

You can catch Helioptile at Gargoyle Pass, and Flabébé by walking on the flowers at Sylph Gardens. I don't think any others are obtainable. Though I'll try to include more earlier in the game for people who never got to play the Generation 6 games!

Thanks!

Had fun playing this a couple days ago. Definitely a lot of potential here. If I remember correctly, there is a small typo somewhere in the pond tournament dialogues, "batle" or something similar. I could be wrong though.
    Either way, I liked the difficulty/balancing in general. Except for Hone Claws Weavile, that thing is a monster. ;]

I checked the tournament script and didn't find a typo, maybe it was reported earlier and I corrected it. Thank you!

wiWgINs.png
    lU2l7n6.png

Iris Town was expanded to make room for the Fossil Lab which was at Tengu Cross. I've also changed its building, and also the houses so they match. In addition, a new building is in Coral Town, more information on that in the next update!

The bugs you found were reported earlier and fixed, thanks! You give the Pokémon Egg to Nate in Wisteria and he returns it to you after the tournament, hatched. The Odd Stone, you have the option to give it to Lucia or keep it, that's all I'll say for now.

You can catch Helioptile at Gargoyle Pass, and Flabébé by walking on the flowers at Sylph Gardens. I don't think any others are obtainable. Though I'll try to include more earlier in the game for people who never got to play the Generation 6 games!

Thanks!

Just completed the game. Well, I think I should have played the entire thing before asking my questions... Anyway, thanks for your help. I'm sure many people will appreciate the addition of more gen 6 pokemon early in the game. Just wondering if the bug fixes will appear in the next version or not - 'cause I again downloaded the game after your post and nothing changed. Oh and are there only a few gen 6 moves? I caught a Helioptile and it didn't learn parabolic charge and my froakie didn't learn frubble.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Great hack, I'm enjoying it a lot although my Sewaddle didn't learn Bug Bite? Is this intentional? Feels like I missed out.

Otherwise I'm very interested in the future of this hack.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I finally had some spare time to play this amazing hack and I beat the beta (got 4 Badges) then decided to catch all the wild Pokemon. So I caught a Zangoose and trained it to level 25 and gave it the TM False Swipe and False Swipe doesn't work, it kills Pokemon instead of leaving them at 1hp.
    Here's some proof. I looked through thread a bit and couldn't find anyone with same problem or any mention of False Swipe
    Spoiler:

Also my Excadrill couldn't learn false swipe, seems like a move he should be able to use.
    Would of been nice to have a choice between Shinx and Mareep for your starter too. I never use to like Shinx and wasn't happy about that Pokemon being starter but I've really grown to like it now.
    Also you can't fish in the Gaea Mines.
    And the Skill Link ability doesn't work.
    Breeding is broken, you can't seem to accept the egg from day care man, it will just be an endless loop if you say yes to wanting to keep the egg.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Woah, the Beta seems to be pretty huge, the Dream World feature seems interesting and it will also have Mega Evolutions, i'm definitely going to test this hack later <3
    Btw, in the Poll i've decided the option "Other", i've just seen the list of Pokemons who can MegaEvolve since i didn't played X/Y/OR/AS and i've got 3 options:
    -Gastly (Mega Gengar)
    -Houndour (Mega Houndoom)
    -Aron (Mega Aggron)
    And if i had to choose only one, the winner would be Gastly

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Wow this awesome but what really won me over was the fact there are all 721 pokemon and by that do u mean charmander to hoopa or is there some fakemon

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • So, i just started to play, i've already beat Coral Town's Leader (The girl with a Drifloon and a Yamask) and my Dad called to give me his number and also told me that there were some problems in the Soala Library, just went there, got the "Pathfinder" (Which seems to be an Itemfinder with a different name), there's a cop and a blonde guy and i don't know what else to do D: ..
    I've talked with both computers and interacted with every library i could on the 2nd Floor, do i need to do something specific or i can just.. skip it?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I think i'm lost.. i'm in the Noga Cemetery (Btw, shouldn't it be "Graveyard" instead?) and i don't know what to do :/ ..
    The pathfinder doesn't do anything, there's an old man who only says "..." in front of a grave, a lady who says that i can't enter in the house because it's haunted and when i try to enter, there's a msgbox saying that i don't have any business there :/ ..
    Spoiler:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    what happened to the single and multiplayer in the pokemon center???

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Just completed the game. Well, I think I should have played the entire thing before asking my questions... Anyway, thanks for your help. I'm sure many people will appreciate the addition of more gen 6 pokemon early in the game. Just wondering if the bug fixes will appear in the next version or not - 'cause I again downloaded the game after your post and nothing changed. Oh and are there only a few gen 6 moves? I caught a Helioptile and it didn't learn parabolic charge and my froakie didn't learn frubble.

I never updated the download with the fixed bugs since none of them were major. Parabolic Charge isn't in the game yet, but it probably will be. What's Frubble?

Great hack, I'm enjoying it a lot although my Sewaddle didn't learn Bug Bite? Is this intentional? Feels like I missed out.

Otherwise I'm very interested in the future of this hack.

Thank you, the Sewaddle's moveset isn't up to date, but it will be!

oh right almost forgot
    can you tell me where can i find some pearl?
    i want to learn headbutt

There's a hidden pearl (look for sparkly rocks) at Gorgon Shore, where the Headbutt move tutor is.

I finally had some spare time to play this amazing hack and I beat the beta (got 4 Badges) then decided to catch all the wild Pokemon. So I caught a Zangoose and trained it to level 25 and gave it the TM False Swipe and False Swipe doesn't work, it kills Pokemon instead of leaving them at 1hp.
    Here's some proof. I looked through thread a bit and couldn't find anyone with same problem or any mention of False Swipe
    Spoiler:

Also my Excadrill couldn't learn false swipe, seems like a move he should be able to use.
    Would of been nice to have a choice between Shinx and Mareep for your starter too. I never use to like Shinx and wasn't happy about that Pokemon being starter but I've really grown to like it now.
    Also you can't fish in the Gaea Mines.
    And the Skill Link ability doesn't work.
    Breeding is broken, you can't seem to accept the egg from day care man, it will just be an endless loop if you say yes to wanting to keep the egg.

I'll look into False Swipe and breeding and fix Excadrill's learnset. I didn't want to give the player a choice since you get to pick one of the Kalos starters after the first gym. You will be able to get a Mareep later, though.

It doesn't work for me...It says unrecognized gba file...can anyone help

Did you patch a clean Fire Red ROM?

Woah, the Beta seems to be pretty huge, the Dream World feature seems interesting and it will also have Mega Evolutions, i'm definitely going to test this hack later <3
    Btw, in the Poll i've decided the option "Other", i've just seen the list of Pokemons who can MegaEvolve since i didn't played X/Y/OR/AS and i've got 3 options:
    -Gastly (Mega Gengar)
    -Houndour (Mega Houndoom)
    -Aron (Mega Aggron)
    And if i had to choose only one, the winner would be Gastly

I want it to be a Pokémon with no evolution line or at least something that evolves early so that I can do a 1 versus 1 Mega Evolution battle like in X/Y with Lucario. That's why I'm between Absol and Lucario.

Wow this awesome but what really won me over was the fact there are all 721 pokemon and by that do u mean charmander to hoopa or is there some fakemon

Bulbasaur to Hoopa, no Fakemon have been planned for this, but there will be custom Mega Evolutions.

So, i just started to play, i've already beat Coral Town's Leader (The girl with a Drifloon and a Yamask) and my Dad called to give me his number and also told me that there were some problems in the Soala Library, just went there, got the "Pathfinder" (Which seems to be an Itemfinder with a different name), there's a cop and a blonde guy and i don't know what else to do D: ..
    I've talked with both computers and interacted with every library i could on the 2nd Floor, do i need to do something specific or i can just.. skip it?

There's a hidden button in the middle of the library's second floor. The Pathfinder can help you find it but you have to be close enough.

what happened to the single and multiplayer in the pokemon center???

They will be available later in the game.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy, but I'm hoping to post something soon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back