• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokemon Zincite Version

Which title should we use? (Pictures Underneath)

• Silica City with Letumis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magnolia Town with Volantallum

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Sonata Port with Mavorsces

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draco Islands with Drabidus

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Igneous City with Emuor

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Pokemon Zincite Version

Sech & Serles

About Us
    Pokemon Zincite is our first game. We update our YouTube channel for our hacks and is a good way to keep up with our progress. This hack is still in progress but is expected to be done in the Summer of 2016. This game is still in it's earliest stages so all pictures you see will be revised before the release. Visit our channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXHgkDVjmg11Ttk3NMl61g

The Story
    Living in the region of Kyoto, the Player has just turned 13. As traditional in major pokemon trainer families, this is the age to get your first pokemon. Your father, being gone, is not there to give you your first pokemon as he had wished. Your mom honors him by giving you and your friend a choice at your first pokemon. You can pick one of three. Bug, Ground, and electric. You and your friend/rival then grow up the next few years with this new pokemon. Finally you get a letter from Kyoto's famous professor Redwood. He says he remembers your father, a very renowned trainer, and wishes you to come by his lab. You meet your friend to say bye when you realize he was given a letter too. The both of you bid your families goodbye and set out to the professor. Redwood gives you a pokedex and a choice between three starters, as traditional by professors, one of water, grass, and fire.
    As you progress through your journey, you meet a new threat to the pokemon world. Team Fossores.
    They seem to be wanting to awaken a dormant legendary pokemon only believed to exist in the old legends.

Our Features
    We have new things in our game as all new games should
    • Completely new pokedex
    • New region of Kyoto
    • New enemy to face
    • New legendaries
    • Post Game story

Of course, Screenshots

New Magnolia.png
    Magnolia Town
    gainsboro.png
    Gainsboro City
    maya city.png
    Maya City
    thistle city.png
    Thistle City
    phylite town.png
    Phylite City
    Rhyolite city.png
    Rhyolite City

Please post any questions below or in any of our Youtube videos. We will either answer back here or make videos answering questions

Pokemon Sprites

arbulo.pngUpdated Emuor.png
    Arbulo (left) Grass Type Emuor (Right) Fire Type

For the Poll:
    Silica title.png
    Silica City with Letumis
    Magnolia title.png
    Magnolia Town with Volantallum
    Sonata title.png
    Sonata Port Mavorsces
    Draco Islands title.png
    Draco Islands with Drabidus
    Igneous title.png
    Igneous City with Emuor​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    The maps all look, well, very bland. Those huge open spaces with just grass in them shouldn't exist. There are decorations like paths, fences, small trees and bushes for a reason. Look at Firered's maps and see how Gamefreak has used the space if you need a bit more guidance. Not to mention you're using tiles incorrectly in several places. Like for example, with this screenshot:

9FtwRtw.png

The way you're using the mountains is completely wrong. I whipped up a quick example to show you some more correct usage:

VNYFoig.png

This is just one instance. The snow tiles look quite frankly awful and are in need of some better palettes, if that's the best you can do I'd rather just not have a snow area. Looking at some mapping tutorials would greatly benefit your hack as I don't think many people would be willing to play it if they don't even know what they're meant to be walking on. Best of luck but you clearly need some more experience.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Hello, i'm the one in this project working on the map. I'd like to thank you for your advise but none of these are final designs the pictures are basic layouts for when I go back through to add in detail none of them are decorated because i'm just starting to go through and add in decorations. I'd love to hear what you have to say once we can get up a picture of a final design.

Years
  • Not to pester you, but is there any particular reason you are hacking leafgreen? Firered is more widely hacked, and you'll find much more tools, tutorials, resources, and more for it.

Also, the screenshots isn't supposed to really be basic designs, they're supposed to be something you're happy with in your hack.

Good luck, though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    You're not pestering us at all and thank you for being so polite in your questions. The reason we are hacking leaf green is because i already had it downloaded and I haven't ran into a single tool, tutorial, or resource for fire red that doesn't work for leaf green as they are basically the same game as for the screen shots you need six to make a post and that's as far as I was at that point so that's what we used but as you'll see now they are slowly being replaced with finalized designs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I haven't ran into a single tool, tutorial, or resource for fire red that doesn't work for leaf green as they are basically the same game
    Not quite. The reason 99% of hacks here are for Firered isn't personal preference, it's just FR is 1000x better for hacking than LG and all you're doing by avoiding it is intentionally handicapping yourself. Ignoring the hundreds of misc. ASM routines and hex edits for Firered only, you're missing out on things like an expanded Pokedex, mega evolution, new moves, new abilities, and basically everything else in the R/D section. If you're not going to make use of any of that, fine, but there's literally not a single reason to use Leafgreen over Firered especially for a beginner.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    seeing as we are beginners no we aren't going to make use of any of that. Adding in a bunch of things like mega evolution and new moves/abilities would be the real handicap as cool as it would be it would just cause more room for error which is unnecessary at this point. And it has nothing to do with personal preference at the time the two cites I got roms on had stopped working so I didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Years
  • So a couple of things that I have to say about this. First of all, they're right in that FR is a better ROM to hack with because there's so much more support. This doesn't only include misc. ASM and bug fixes, but also custom abilities/moves that would be beneficial to your hack. You don't need to understand ASM to properly insert it, just to know where the offsets are and have a compiler. LeafGreen has none of that, and they aren't basically the same game at this point due to all the updated and improved routines for FR.. Also, less people are willing to play your hack because they don't have a LG ROM.

You should make better sprites for your fakemon, as right now they have absolutely no resemblance to the other sprites in the game, and look rather out of place due to that. I like the design of the fire one, but you really should make them look at least similar in style to the other Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    As I'm learning to make these sprites they are improving I practice every day and I'm getting better but as you can see I've a long way to go however they are alpha images and will all be updated I'd like to hear what you have to say about my progress as better sprites are shown

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back