• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think learning CSS takes dedication, and I wouldn't learn much about it if not from Mid which introduce me the CSS for the signature in the first place.

Asura

असुर
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag, unfortunately. I always have to bug people for good CSS, lol.

Sirfetch’d

That is usually my case. I guess though it isn't as hard to learn as people think, but just making yourself try it is the hard part. Well.... it was for me.

Years
That is usually my case. I guess though it isn't as hard to learn as people think, but just making yourself try it is the hard part. Well.... it was for me.

I often had to borrow codes when I did CSS sigs, like the one from Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers I used (along with several other supporters) in the PC Supporters Green Pokemon collab a few months back but edited only the links and the details to have mine showcase Pansage.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I was starting CSS by borrowing codes, but eventually I'm starting to improve, and I might try to develop my own someday. Even though sometimes I'm feeling that I can do what the others can, simply by seeing how it is displayed. Self-learning, that is.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I was starting CSS by borrowing codes, but eventually I'm starting to improve, and I might try to develop my own someday. Even though sometimes I'm feeling that I can do what the others can, simply by seeing how it is displayed. Self-learning, that is.

that's basically how I got started with CSS really lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I learned it by scratch, guys. Well, the CSS thread on PC helped me a bit too, but I was able to comprehend how CSS works on PC.

And Megan should stop drinking wine damn it.

Sirfetch’d

Isn't Megan having fun though with the wine? ;D

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
I'm just learning it through a website. The ever popular W3schools. (Where I've also started with php and xml!)
For some reason it took me a bit to get past that learning curve with Css though, despite tbe basic knowledge of Javascript, and C++ that I have. I'm still not all that amazing at it, as you may well can tell from my signature.

Yes, Megan, drink alllll the wine. Isn't it spectacular? >:3

TY

I havent been studying CSS yet, but i have to if i wanna be succesful in college D:

Years
There's so much I want to learn away from basic HTML, because basic HTML these days on a website is so 1990s-looking, if you ask me.

I do know some PHP, though. I didn't use w3schools for gaining in PHP, but I did random google searches and had some help from the resources on php.net as well.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I would like to show you guys an end result to my wine drinking.

Spoiler:

You know who taught me basic HTML when I was younger? MySpace. Since profiles were mostly HTML based when you decorate them, editing the codes provided by layouts and other things made my profile 20% cooler. I miss those days tbh. You can't do much on Facebook.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Tumblr pages are also HTML, that's mostly how I learned a bit of that coding.

And wow when did you finish that? I only remember you saying it was half empty on Skype.-.

Years
I totally forgot about what Myspace was.

Literally, I did.. but now that I remember it I can also remember each of my friends having the cool and custom layouts. I had one too on mine just to match my friends' not having the default layout. I wish Facebook would at least allow for some inconsistency and customization on their profiles, though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Tumblr pages are also HTML, that's mostly how I learned a bit of that coding.

And wow when did you finish that? I only remember you saying it was half empty on Skype.-.

I actually finished that bottle I mentioned, and drank another half of that one. It wasn't too cold so I placed it in the freezer and literally forgot about it when I was watching an episode of Game Of Thrones last night. ;;

Years
Scripting languages aren't that difficult to learn in my opinion. That being said, I know Java and Python fairly well, so my opinion might not be too significant for many.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
And here's a good example of why I'm giving up on the human race:

JNathan+, jsziede, Jumpleet, juney, Kaito123, karatekid552, KingCharizard, Kitasatina Florarena, KnockFan, Kranic, L3gacy, legendhunter14, LETMEPUTMYONIXINYOURCLOYSTER, Linkers18, lordlars, Lucra, Mattysoxfan, Mercyful Fate, miakalina, miniking, Mishar, Miss Doronjo, Moon Face, Moriarteh.,

They walk amoung us.

Sirfetch’d

pfffffffffffffft. At least he put some creativity into his name, unlike me :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back