• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that are missing a type

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Mega Blastoise: Water/Steel
    Arbok: Poison/Dark
    Ninetales: Fire/Ghost
    Venomoth: Bug/Psychic
    Psyduck and Golduck: Water/Psychic
    Koffing and Weezing: Poison/Fire
    Electabuzz and Electivire: Electric/Fighting
    Magmar and Magmortar: Fire/Fighting or Fire/Psychic
    Gyarados: Water/Dragon or Water/Dark
    The Porygon line: Normal/Electric or Normal/Psychic
    Meganium and Serperior: Grass/Dragon
    Typhlosion: Fire/Ground
    Feraligatr: Water/Dark
    Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
    Bellossom, Petilil, and Lilligant: Grass/Fairy
    Bonsly and Sudowoodo: Rock/Grass
    Sunflora: Grass/Fire
    Misdreavus and Mismagius: Ghost/Fairy
    Dunsparce: Normal/Ground or Normal/Dragon
    Granbull: Fairy/Dark
    Stantler: Normal/Psychic
    Masquerain: Bug/Water
    Slaking: Normal/Ground or Normal/Fighting
    Volbeat and Illumise: Bug/Electric or Bug/Fairy
    Zangoose: Normal/Fighting or Normal/Dark
    Seviper: Dark/Poison
    Mega Absol: Dark/Fairy
    (Mega) Glalie: Ice/Rock or Ice/Dark
    Staraptor and Braviary: Fighting/Flying
    Luxray: Electric/Dark
    Yanmega: Bug/Dragon
    Cresselia: Psychic/Fairy
    Darkrai: Dark/Ghost
    Pignite and Emboar: Fire/Dark or Fire/Ground
    Dewott and Samurott: Water/Fighting
    Audino: Normal/Fairy
    Cofagrigus: Ghost/Steel
    The Gothita line: Psychic/Dark
    Elgyem and Beheeyem: Psychic/Electric
    Beartic: Ice/Fighting
    Cryogonal: Ice/Steel
    Accelgor: Bug/Dark
    Druddigon: Dragon/Rock
    The Flabébé line and Xerneas: Fairy/Grass
    Aromatisse: Fairy/Poison
    Heliolisk: Electric/Dragon
    The Goomy line: Dragon/Poison

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    I know you mentioned it, but Psyduck was the first one that came to my head. Crazy how its just Water.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gyarados should really be Water/Dark or Water/Dragon. The typing of its Mega form makes much more sense than its regular form... But doesn't its Mega evo fly in the games? :o

Golduck should be Water/Psychic, but I can definitely live with Psyduck being pure Water. It's the final evo that counts.

Speaking of that, I was disappointed the first times I tried playing Ruby when I noticed that Grovyle didn't gain a second typing like Marshtomp and Combusken did. Not even Sceptile become dual typed. That was so boring, and the reason I never used the grass starter properly in those games :p

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I always thought haxorus could do with a secondary type, maybe bug or steel.

I was always very surprised that Groudon wasn't a Fire-type. I mean, he uses Fire attacks, he can dry out large bodies of water, and he was chased by Team >>Magma<<. Sure, his primal form will have the Fire-type added to it, but it's just weird that its original form is just Ground.

Magma/lava and fire are two entirely different things, and giving groudon fire type when it was introduced would've made it even weaker to Kyogre, though I am glad his primal form has it.

Years
  • Honestly, I thought the entire Flabébé line at first was part-grass type. It's a flower, so that's what threw that assumption at me.

Izarinoi:Akira

Master of Iron
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Gabite and Garchomp: Ground and Fighting seem better suited to them than Ground and Dragon .. *gasp*
    Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire: Electric and Fighting, I mean, really?
    Masquerain: Keep the Bug and Water of Surskit, please?
    Gyarados: Shouldn't be Flying type, it doesn't fly, why not keep it a plain Water type? Water and Dark for the Mega is acceptable, though.
    Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium: Grass and Ground, though I'm not so sure about that.
    Cottonee, Whimsicott, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Dedenne: Why are they Fairy type?
    Gligar, Gliscor: Ground and Poison, they're gliders, not fliers! And Poison type is totally fitting for scorpions, right?
    Emolga: Electric and not Flying, by similar reasoning
    Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus: Incarnate forms do not look like Flying types! Isn't a simple Levitate enough?
    Cresselia: Adding the Fairy type would help it greatly, and cancel the disadvantage against Darkrai!
    Darkrai: Dark and Ghost seems sensible, right?
    Shaymin: Land form isn't Ground type? Whoops...
    Victini: Seems more like a Fairy type than Psychic..
    Xerneas: Grass type could level its advantage over Yveltal
    Glalie: This is a Rock, isn't it?

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
  • Most of the ones have been said already, but primarily Audino and Chansey/Blissey, which I think should be Fairy due to their status as being healers. At least M-Audino is Fairy type, though.

Yvonne

♥ Kalos Queen ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2015
    I always forget that Psyduck and Golduck aren't part psychic. I guess the anime is partly to blame, and the translated names. (In French, it is Psykokwak :p)

Back