• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Fissures [06/04/15 Poll #1!]

"Which type best represents you?"

• [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/grasss.png[/IMG]

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/fire.png[/IMG]

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/water.png[/IMG]

Votes: 28 39.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    It is just so MAGICal. The presentation of the hack will truly grab anybodies attention. I am sure this will have a bright future. I am hoping for this one. Keep up the awesome work.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It is just so MAGICal. The presentation of the hack will truly grab anybodies attention. I am sure this will have a bright future. I am hoping for this one. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks! My name is far too punny :P. Some kind of disclaimer that 99% of my magic is just awkward scripting ;).

Mini Update
    xdsg9c.png

124d8g7.png

The LOGBOOK is a new feature to Pokémon: Fissures. Its purpose is to keep you on track through your quest and also help to document SIDEQUESTS that you've picked up (and may soon forget) along the way.

The menu shows four MISSIONS at a time, with a quick link to SIDEQUESTS at the top. Any new, incomplete MISSIONS will show up in red, whereas they will show up green when complete.

Clicking a MISSION/SIDEQUEST gives a short hint on what to do/where to go and also lists the rewards you will get for completing it.

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Thanks! My name is far too punny :P. Some kind of disclaimer that 99% of my magic is just awkward scripting ;).

The Logbook
    xdsg9c.png

124d8g7.png

The LOGBOOK is a new feature to Pokemon: Fissures. It's purpose is to keep you on track through your quest and also help to document SIDEQUESTS that you've picked up (and may soon forget) along the way.

The menu shows four MISSIONS at a time, with a quick link to SIDEQUESTS at the top. Any new, incomplete MISSIONS will show up in red, whereas they will show up green when complete.

Clicking a MISSION/SIDEQUEST gives a short hint on what to do/where to go and also lists the rewards you will get for completing it.

Wait, are you keeping all the tiles FR style?

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • Thanks! My name is far too punny :P. Some kind of disclaimer that 99% of my magic is just awkward scripting ;).

The Logbook
    xdsg9c.png

124d8g7.png

The LOGBOOK is a new feature to Pokémon: Fissures. Its purpose is to keep you on track through your quest and also help to document SIDEQUESTS that you've picked up (and may soon forget) along the way.

Dude! Are you kidding me that is amazing! It should seriously be on every pokemon game ever. The log in FR and LF was handy but I can't remember if it caught on. this seems like a really cool new addition. Keep up the awesome work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    Nice feature man... its look very nice and a good addition to a game :)
    By the way how many side quests are you planning to do ?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Dude! Are you kidding me that is amazing! It should seriously be on every pokemon game ever. The log in FR and LF was handy but I can't remember if it caught on. this seems like a really cool new addition. Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks! :) I'm pleased with how it turns out. Thanks to Darthatron's ASM it's also compatible with the [select] command for easy access.

Nice feature man... its look very nice and a good addition to a game :)
    By the way how many side quests are you planning to do ?

Not sure yet! I'd like to include one sidequest in each area :) Most of them will revolve around helping out the locals in one way or another, with two or three tasks.

I'm intrigued by the concept of this hack, I'll be sure to watch for any new updates that comes out for this hack.

Keep an eye out on the weekends! :) I hope to show off more on Saturday where I gain a bit more time :P.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Why is it called "Pokemon Fisssures"?

Anyways, love how the hacking is coming along!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Looking great! I really love the logbook, I might have to borrow the idea if you don't mind. :P It seems like a great way to keep players on track to have a journal of sorts. There are a few things that I think need work though. If your hack has FR tiles you should make sure you're using the tree shadows correctly, and personally I don't like the idea of randomly mixing starters from different generations. Is there any reasoning why those starter Pokemon in specific have "invaded the land"? Doesn't it make more sense to have a certain set of starter Pokemon, since they all would have migrated from the same place?

The story sounds nice too, if you can pull off the whole player choices thing right then it can potentially add a lot of replayability and make you feel more involved in the world. Good luck!

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • I am loving what you are doing!
    Great story, and your mapping seems pretty awesome.

I tried doing something like the logbook when I started implementing side-quests but it just turned out "meh". Great job, dude!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    o/ I've been slowly mapping/scripting my way through main events. I'm leaving minor events and NPCs for a while so I can make their text as dynamic as possible. Hopefully I'll have some screens to share by Sunday?

Looking great! I really love the logbook, I might have to borrow the idea if you don't mind. :P It seems like a great way to keep players on track to have a journal of sorts. There are a few things that I think need work though. If your hack has FR tiles you should make sure you're using the tree shadows correctly, and personally I don't like the idea of randomly mixing starters from different generations. Is there any reasoning why those starter Pokemon in specific have "invaded the land"? Doesn't it make more sense to have a certain set of starter Pokemon, since they all would have migrated from the same place?

The story sounds nice too, if you can pull off the whole player choices thing right then it can potentially add a lot of replayability and make you feel more involved in the world. Good luck!

Go for it :). With starters, I hate reliance on typical dynamics. Whereas lots of hacks use specific sets I was looking for some variety, and you don't technically get a starter choice anyway ;3. When you start the game you actually have two pokemon to use.

Also I hate tree shadows with a passion. I may replace the trees just to avoid them being an issue, however finding a firered style tree that's significantly different to normal isn't easy :<.

I am loving what you are doing!
    Great story, and your mapping seems pretty awesome.

I tried doing something like the logbook when I started implementing side-quests but it just turned out "meh". Great job, dude!

Your hack is a total inspiration, I think I must have pulled the second box idea from some of your original screens. The logbook, I hope, will prove useful and a nice tool to keep people getting too lost.

Years
  • I need to figure out how that Logbook is working. I need that for my upcoming hack, too!
    Anyway, I can't wait for the screens you'll post!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I need to figure out how that Logbook is working. I need that for my upcoming hack, too!
    Anyway, I can't wait for the screens you'll post!

Let me know if you manage to emulate it! I'm trying to keep any story-related screens to a minimum, I think I'll keep it to maps and tidbits for now, such as...

Mini Update
    2j3h1km.png

2lmmm34.gif

I've been tweaking and twerking for a while now, thought I would give a little status update :).

The tree tiles have been changed to my old Fae Stones tiles (Credit: SteveN/Dante).

Recently I have been rearranging the WHITEOUT script to suit my needs - Inns/PokeCenters are slightly altered in their layout to accommodate later events, and the script needed to include the new FAME mechanics which I've mentioned before.

FAME will be increasing with your public achievements; winning battles, taking down bad guys, rescuing Meowth from tall trees, etc. However, your FAME will decrease if you lose a battle or otherwise embarrass yourself.

Years
  • Not a bad update to say so myself, though I do save quite a bit and don't like losing so I would restart from my last save so my fame level not go down. Though that is my play style, I don't know about others, but the fame deal is interesting none the less.`

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    By the way the drop isn't straight to zero, it's just I didn't have much fame at the time of the screen XD. At the moment it's set to drop by 15 points, less than what you get for completing a main mission.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • That's neat. As for me, I think saving from time to time would save some fame from future decreases. So the better the choices to take. What's the maximum amount of fame?

Back