• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black and White Pokemon Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookiez

The Shining Light
Years
  • icon10.gif
    Pokemon Reviews
    As most of us know there are 156 new pokemon in B&W so I thought I might help out with getting people to know these pokemon a little better. A few times a weekend I will Post a Review on a pokemon and just help you know what to do when you catch one, Ya Know?

Today we are starting with... #000 Victini!
    494_victini_front_norm.png

Well if you've already got the Liberty Pass this might be helpful...

It starts off at level 15 with Confusion, Incinerate, Quick Attack, and Endure (sadly you need to wait until later to reteach Searing Shot, which is an amazing attack). Mainly you'll be using Confusion because Incinerate in epicly weak.At level 17, it learns Headbutt, which is nice and strong at this point in the game. It learns Flame Charge at level 25, which raises Victini's Speed afterwards and should replace Incinerate. At level 33, it learns Reversal, but that's hard to pull off with Endure and vulnerable to random Quick Attacks. (Yeah I know, Stupid quick attack!)It picks up a fairly strong Flame Burst at level 41, Zen Headbutt at level 49, and then the Zap Cannon of Burn at level 57: Inferno. It learns moves all the way up to level 97, where it learns Overheat (hardly worth the hassle). Flare Blitz is alright at level 73, but that's still such a long way away you can't even look at it.

Victini has a pretty good movepool for TM's so you might as well us them until you gt some better attacks later... Here's a few: Retaliate, Grass Knot, Thief,and Rock Smash. Switch them around to your liking, but definitely keep its default Confusion. Later on in the game, some good offense moves are Fire Blast (definitely, although lack of PP hurts), Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Charge Beam, and Focus Blast, while some good defensive or support moves to consider are Sunny Day (works great if you throw in SolarBeam!), Light Screen,Thunder Wave, and Substitute.

Victini has access to its better moves like Psychic, Flamethrower, and Psyshock after you've beaten the game.

Victini's stats and diverse movepool make it an incredible Pokemon throughout the game. Though it does level up rather slowly, it can fall behind in levels and still be more effective than probably any of your Pokemon, particularly early on in the game. It's arguably too good to use in-game, and some people have a stigma about using legendary Pokemon while playing through the game, so consider that before considering whether or not you want to let Victini pave your way to victory.

From http://pokemon.marriland.com

Last edited:

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • Pokemon #001 Snivy

Wassup? Welcome back to this thread if this is your 1st time read the 1st post! Today we're reviewing #001... Snivy!
    495.png

Snivy is the Grass-type snake Pokemon, and has perhaps one of the more unusual distribution of stats out of any starter Pokemon. Its primary focus is having high Speed, but it also has impressive Defense and Sp. Def. Unfortunately, this means its offensive stats are rather lackluster, even after it fully evolves (it has less "oomph" than even Meganium does).
    Early on, it learns Vine Whip at level 7, Leaf Tornado at level 16, and then some other attacks after evolving into Servine. It isn't until level 32 (as Servine) that you finally learn the very respected Leaf Blade, which is easily the Snivy family's greatest attacking asset. But sadly, even that doesn't do a whole ton of damage, even after it evolves to its final evolution at level 36, Serpior.
    Snivy and its kin focus more on defense, so you can utilize this tactic of theirs by using Leech Seed, Mega Drain and Giga Drain to keep your HP constantly high, as well as using stat upping moves like Growth and Snake Coil to give you an edge. Light Screen and Reflect, which can be obtained fairly early on, can help benefit your team as well as increase Snivy and its evolutions' survivability. Return is also a recommended move, since there isn't a whole lot available to the green snake line.
    If I were to rank Snivy and compare it to the other two starters, I would definitely say that Snivy is the most difficult to raise and the least effective throughout the game. It suffers from a lot of problems, a lack of offense, and a diverse pool of weaknesses.

From http://pokemon.marriland.com

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • You might want to read up on this section to see what exactly is posted here... this isn't the kind of review meant to be posted here.

Nice try, and better luck next time.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • You might want to read up on this section to see what exactly is posted here... this isn't the kind of review meant to be posted here.

Nice try, and better luck next time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back