• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rotom & Formes

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 479.png
    479s.png
    479f.png
    479h.png
    479m.png
    479w.png

Rotom is a Ghost/Electric type pokemon that's introduced in the D/P/Pl games, in which you'd usually find one in one of those T.V.s in the Old Chateau. Now, Rotom is generally an interesting pokemon, since it has the power to become different appliances, with 5 different states or formes. On Gen 4, those formes used to be part ghost, part another type (other than electric). Those types were fixed as of Gen V, as the formes taken off their ghost type, and stuck to their Electric typing along with their own individual type.

The formes also all have their own 'signature move' that represents their applicance, so to speak! At any rate, here are all the formes:

479.png

This is Rotom's normal forme. It's a Ghost/Electric type that has a BST of 440! To compare it's stats with the rest of the formes:

Normal Rotom: Hp: 50 Att: 50 Def: 77 Sp.Atk: 95 Sp.Def: 77 Speed :91
    Heat, Wash, Frost, Fan, and Mow Rotom: Hp: 50 Att: 65 Def: 107 Sp.Atk: 105 Sp.Def: 107 Speed: 86

479-t.png

This is Rotom's Heat Form, or just Heat Rotom. It's a Fire/Electric Type that is able to learn Overheat!

479-w.png

Here we have Rotom's Wash Form, or just Wash Rotom. It's a Water/Electric Type that is able to learn Hydro Pump!

479-i.png

This little one is Rotom's Frost Form, or just Frost Rotom. It's a Ice/Electric Type that is able to learn Blizzard!

479-f.png

Here we have Rotom's Fan Form, aka Fan Rotom. It's a Flying/Electric Type that is able to learn Air Slash!

479-l.png

Finally, this is Rotom's Mow Form, or Mow Rotom. It's a Grass/Electric Type that is able to learn Leaf Storm~!

So! Judging from all of this, which Rotom forme would be your favourite (including the normal forme), and if you've used one before, how has it served you in battle? Feel free to share anything. :3

Years
  • I love Rotom. I think he's a fun concept for a Pokemon. Forme wise, I think my favorite would be Rotom Fan. I love his design. This is the form I tend to use the most when I use Rotom. I actually like all the forms though, but if I had to pick a least favorite, I would go with Rotom Mow. Even though you could argue that all the forms are silly... I feel like the design of Rotom Mow is the silliest. A lawnmower? Pretty lame imo haha.

But Rotom is a pretty good Pokemon in battle. I know its really popular on Battle Spot right now, and with good reason. It can be powerful.

Years
  • I've never used a Rotom, but I actually do like it. It was a creative concept that was put into the games. I mean a Pokémon that can change forms by going into appliances? What a fun idea. My favorite form is the Wash Form only because that for competitive battling it's better than the others if you're comparing weaknesses (it only has one weakness when the others have 2-4 weaknesses).

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    I dislike all of the rotom formes. I only like the original; for reasons purely aesthetic. I've never really used Rotom in battle so I wouldn't know its strength so its only merits in my eyes is its unique appearance.

Years
  • I never used Rotom in Generation IV to the best of my recollection, but I did use the Rotom in B2W2 that you can get in the post-game for a Ditto. My favorite of them overall I think would have to be the Mow or Heat Rotoms, and overall the new forms gave this thing a bit more to use, whereas when it was introduced it was pretty weak. But Game Freak still made a pretty bone-headed decision giving the Fan Rotom Levitate while it's already a Flying-type.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I really like how creative Rotom was! Taking ordinary household appliances and then bringing them to life was such an interesting idea. In a way, its like Eevee with all the different forms. My favourite would also probably be the original for aesthetic reasons. All of the others are great though, as they cover most of the electric typings that haven't been done yet (electric/ghost/grass/fire etc.) Honestly, some of the signature moves were rather lackluster (such as Rotom-F with Air Slash) but that was my only real complaint. Also how hard it was to access the form changer. Was a shame that I could only ever use its original form. :p

That being said though, I actually mistook Rotom for a legendary at first. The whole special criteria to encounter it alongside the different forms threw me off, haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I like Rotom's forms because I find the thought of beating your opponent with a washing machine or an Easy Bake Oven a little funny. Don't really care for the base form though.

Also there is the almighty Air Balloon Rotom-Fan in randbats on Showdown.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Also there is the almighty Air Balloon Rotom-Fan in randbats on Showdown.
    pZYkcFd.png

Oh yes, I've got one before. :P

But as others said, Rotom does have a really unique concept and it is creative design wise. My favourite would have to be Mow Rotom because of that smile and it has a green glow. Apart from that Fan Rotom thingy, I don't recall using a Rotom and I do have plans to use one (though Wash Rotom is pretty popular).

Years
  • I really loved the uniqueness with each of Rotom's forms, how they each have a different type and different move learned. My fave of the bunch is Wash Rotom, again due to my love of Water-types but it's also quite the annoyance to have fun with in competitive, but I also like the odd typing of both Frost and Mow Rotom as well.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Rotom is undoubtedly a creative Pokemon. I'm not a huge fan of its different formes; I only really like its original one. But nonetheless, it's a great Pokemon!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Seeing as how Rotom's my favourite Generation IV Pokemon, it's clear that I love it and all its formes, especially Wash. Wash Forme Rotom's so adawwwable~! So's normal Rotom! It's one of the most unique Pokemon out there, due to it being based on what's essentially an electrical gremlin. I also like the competitive viability Rotom's formes give it. I mean, Wash is high-end OU, while the rest are sitting comfortably in other tiers, with the exception of Fan. Poor guy got shafted by getting Air Slash. Maybe they should give it Hurricane or something?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In terms of appearance, I don't believe I'm much of a Rotom fan, sadly. It is creative, not none of its form designs seem to appeal to me too much, unfortunately. As far as battling goes, I do appreciate the Pokémon, and find myself utilizing it frequently! Favorite form, I would say, is probably Heat; its type-combination is unique--fire and electric (well, I suppose this doesn't apply in fourth generation of games, but it does in ones after that)--its stats-spread is nice, and it also has access to some decent moves alongside, such as Overheat. With the right move-set, Rotom-Heat could be quite deadly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    At first I didn't like Rotom for some reason. I thought it was too gimmicky and didn't like how it looked. But then I saw the formes and I thought that those were some of the coolest Pokemon. I used Rotom-W a lot in Gen. 4 competitve battling because it was tanky and had some really good attack at that time in the metagame. I often used it in OU battles, whereas Rotom-F and Rotom-M were good for UU play at the time as well. I still see Rotom-M in some UU teams today, and its gimmickyness helps. While not a fan of the design of the main Rotom form, I really liked Rotom-f and Rotom-m's designs.

Back