• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

100 wins!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I have finally achived my goal for 100 link battle wins. I would have reached that goal much sooner if we didn't have the problem of people disconnecting when they are losing. But better now than never. I have used so many different Pokemon to come up with powerful teams and strategies. Now my next goal is to participate in Rated battles. At least people won't drop out anymore when they are losing; I still get the win.

So wish me luck in the next couple of hundred battles. I will continue to learn and improve my teams and adopt more and more Pokemon to my roster. I also need to prepare for the next set of Pokemon Evolutions in AS/OR.

Years
  • Nice job man, might be worth taking your skills to pokemon showdown or the battle maison as well. Rated battles are a good challenge too since it's a pseudo ladder system, but I've found OU metagame to be a bit more fun, since there's no mega kangaskhan and you don't need to gen to get some of the good pokes for it [like cresselia in rated].

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Was making a thread completely necessary? And how do you not get 100 wins when playing through WiFi, the opponents are absolutely terrible.

yeah and the aggressive and condescending reply on the other hand was totally necessary

Anyway Karp is right, I've never WiFi battled but I can't think of a better way to test teams than a sim though it sounds like the tiers are inconsistent, but nevertheless it's a good way to develop skills. While I wouldn't say 100 wins is super impressive, it's a start, and Smogon exists if you want the premier resource to find relevant information etc. So yeah good luck.

(Also on every sim I've played on a DC is going to result in a win so that's good, just don't get butthurt about forfeits because those people are the worst. "screw that guy moving up the ladder" ~_~)

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    yeah and the aggressive and condescending reply on the other hand was totally necessary

Anyway Karp is right, I've never WiFi battled but I can't think of a better way to test teams than a sim though it sounds like the tiers are inconsistent, but nevertheless it's a good way to develop skills. While I wouldn't say 100 wins is super impressive, it's a start, and Smogon exists if you want the premier resource to find relevant information etc. So yeah good luck.

(Also on every sim I've played on a DC is going to result in a win so that's good, just don't get butthurt about forfeits because those people are the worst. "screw that guy moving up the ladder" ~_~)

I am aware that 100 wins is not a lot, but for me it is. I only have enough time to play the game to have up to 3-5 matches each day. So think about that:

-If I win all the matches perfectly, it would take me 20 days to complete that. Also assuming that I get to play all 20 days. Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays are days I cannot play online at all.

-Player disconnects just wastes my time, which is why I get so frustrated. Time has always been limited, and I didn't have any to waste with rage quits.

Since I am not the best player in the whole wide world, I win some, and I lose some. So getting those 100 wins took me months while it can take others without a job/spouse/responsibilities a shorter amount of time.

Back