• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.....yeah i made another one

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So yet again another OU team here:

Team has been edited btw

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Scald
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Secret Sword

Manectric @ Manectite
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Flamethrower Overheat
    - Thunderbolt

Diggersby tho @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - U-turn
    - Knock Off

Celebi @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Defog
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Healing Wish

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Magma Storm
    - Earth Power
    - Taunt
    - Toxic

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Shadow Ball

Decided I'd try using Mega Mane because I love how it basically wrecks frail offense teams and I wanted to try using a Volturn thing since I don't think that I've ever done that before. While that Heatran set is a really rare sight these days I needed a backup stallbreaker and one that isn't so obvious it's a stallbreaker like Keldeo. Reason for rocks on Celebi is because Tran doesn't have the room for SR, but I need SR and Celebi is a less obvious setter (and Mega Diancies often don't wanna stay in on it, that and Celebi makes for a fun Ferro lure).

My main issue is the fact that I don't have any hazard removal but dunno what to put in for that. I feel that if I have to swap someone out it'd be Sylveon. And yeah I know that Lando-T is probably a better option over Scarf Diggersby but the Volturn Mega Mane+Lando-T thing has been done a million times, though I'm not opposed to putting it in if it means that it opens up good options for me or really is that much better.

So help plz? Anything at all?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Drop Hidden Power or Shadow Ball for Baton Pass on Sylveon. While it seems pointless, it's actually useful. This lets you escape from Gothitelle (or Wobbuffet) and allows you to get a teammate in unscathed, as Sylveon can tank the hit for its new teammate.

Manectric should also use Overheat over Flamethrower; it loses power vs. things like Excadrill for instance:

252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 414-488 (114.6 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 288-340 (79.7 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 444-524 (126.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 308-364 (87.5 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah so I put Overheat on Mega Mane, still considering Baton Pass on Sylveon but haven't done anything with that yet.

And there's still the problem of needing a spinner/defogger but not knowing where to fit it in.....

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    hmmm... how about trying Gliscor and taking out Diggersby, it'll be useful for you since it has Defog. Plus you can still have Knock off & Earthquake just like Diggersby has. Gliscor also does have u-turn but to be honest I'm not sure how useful that would be. (anyone have input for that?)
    Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Defog
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Roost /U-Turn

also have you tried calm mind set Celebi?
    and while I do see your Heatran set is unique, I feel like it might be better specially Defensive.. I'd test it out though. I've never seen Magma Storm on it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    hmmm... how about trying Gliscor and taking out Diggersby, it'll be useful for you since it has Defog. Plus you can still have Knock off & Earthquake just like Diggersby has. Gliscor also does have u-turn but to be honest I'm not sure how useful that would be. (anyone have input for that?)
    Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Defog
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Roost /U-Turn

also have you tried calm mind set Celebi?
    and while I do see your Heatran set is unique, I feel like it might be better specially Defensive.. I'd test it out though. I've never seen Magma Storm on it.
    Unfortunately you can't have Defog together with Poison Heal on Gliscor because Defog was only teachable in Gen IV but Hidden Abilities didn't exist until Gen V. And Poison Heal's really the only ability worth using on Gliscor.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Unfortunately you can't have Defog together with Poison Heal on Gliscor because Defog was only teachable in Gen IV but Hidden Abilities didn't exist until Gen V. And Poison Heal's really the only ability worth using on Gliscor.

Dang you're right, I didn't know that :[ Just checked.

How about Defog Crobat w/ U-Turn?

Years
  • You can try using skarmory as a defogger:

Move 1 Roost
    Move 2 Whirlwind
    Move 3 Brave Bird/Stealth Rock
    Move 4 Brave Bird/Defog
    Item Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
    Ability Sturdy
    Nature Bold/Impish
    EVs 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

srinator

What does celebi do that Lati can't. U could try Lati over it with defog hp Fire and maybe healing wish to heal ur manectric late game too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What does celebi do that Lati can't. U could try Lati over it with defog hp Fire and maybe healing wish to heal ur manectric late game too.
    Yeah now that you mention that Latias sounds like a really good idea, similar resistances/weaknesses and still gets HP Fire and then I have my Defogger and it's faster too. Suppose I lose my Spore and Leech Seed immunity but Ferro and Breloom either get destroyed or don't wanna switch in anyway. Can always cram SR onto Heatran cuz I'm not sure if I'm liking the Magma Storm set or not.

Is there anything other things people can think of though?

Back