• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>.< Any Tips for a strong pokemon team?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2020
    Charizard X is the strongest Pokemon in my omega ruby game at the moment. YES STRONGER THAN ALL THE LEGENDARY.

And i want strong pokemon for my team. I have like Milotic Armaldo Zoroark Empoleon but i notice they just don't do as much damage as charizard X.

Pretty much i want strong pokemon i can get for my Team that can work well with charizard x.

HMM any ideas for me?

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Aegislash, Terrakion, Landorus-T, Thundurus, Hydreigon, Greninja, Gengar, and Sylveon all hit very, very hard.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Charizard X is the strongest Pokemon in my omega ruby game at the moment. YES STRONGER THAN ALL THE LEGENDARY.

And i want strong pokemon for my team. I have like Milotic Armaldo Zoroark Empoleon but i notice they just don't do as much damage as charizard X.

Pretty much i want strong pokemon i can get for my Team that can work well with charizard x.

HMM any ideas for me?
    zard x is a really hard hitting pokemon, with great sweeping potential and strong stabs. if you're keen on using zard x, i suggest an offensive team. try not to use passive and slow pokemon like chansey cos that kills momentum. you seem like a new competitive player so you might not know these terms and stuff, dont be afraid to ask.

for starters, stealth rock is everywhere, and zard takes a massive 50% from switching into it. zard x takes 25% too cos of its fire typing. i suggest getting a rapid spinner/defogger to handle rocks and other entry hazards. since you're playing in-game, pokemon like starmie, excadrill (with rapid spin) or latios/latias if you could acquire one with defog.

playing in-game has its limitations, so playing on a simulator could greatly improve your competitive experience. try hoping on pokemon showdown and see how it goes. but it's srsly up to you, i guess.

Aegislash, Terrakion, Landorus-T, Thundurus, Hydreigon, Greninja, Gengar, and Sylveon all hit very, very hard.
    no offense but explaining why they work well with zard x helps much more than simply listing them out with a simple message like "they hit really hard hnnnggg!"

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • no offense but explaining why they work well with zard x helps much more than simply listing them out with a simple message like "they hit really hard hnnnggg!"

Not sure how this comment helps the OP, or whether inundating him with information on EV Spreads and coverage moves he may have no interest in would encourage him to try out competitive Pokemon more :|

I answered the question posed: What are other strong Pokemon? Much like the answer to "What is Cresselia's Secret?" is that Cresselia is always bulky, the Pokemon I provided are indeed strong.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    I answered the question posed: What are other strong Pokemon? Much like the answer to "What is Cresselia's Secret?" is that Cresselia is always bulky, the Pokemon I provided are indeed strong.
    listing out a set or two and/or how they function helps more than just listing out the pokemon js. for example the op could be using a substandard set and therefore not reaching the expected maximum damage from said pokemon (like sylveon running draining kiss with a random ev spread for example, or maybe gengar running dazzling gleam or physical moves and such), providing a few sample sets will help greatly imo.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • listing out a set or two and/or how they function helps more than just listing out the pokemon js. for example the op could be using a substandard set and therefore not reaching the expected maximum damage from said pokemon (like sylveon running draining kiss with a random ev spread for example, or maybe gengar running dazzling gleam or physical moves and such), providing a few sample sets will help greatly imo.

Alright I will play :)

To the OP, Sylveon's key strength is its Hidden Ability Pixelate, which adds a 30% boost and Fairy typing to Normal-Type moves. As a result, it's most powerful attacks are Hyper Beam and Hyper Voice, coming off of a +SpA Nature such as Modest or Quiet (Sylveon's Speed is pretty low already so a -Speed nature doesn't hurt it took much). Here is an example set that works equally well in Singles and Doubles:

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pixelate
    EV's: 248 HP/252 Special Attack/8 Special Defense
    Nature: Modest/Quiet
    - Hyper Voice
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hyper Beam/Quick Attack (if Quiet)/Baton Pass/Hidden Power Ground

Dazzling Gleam can actually work on Gengar if it runs an All-out Attacking or Choice set. Here's one that comes to mind:

Gengar @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed
    Nature: Timid
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast
    - Dazzling Gleam

Although it's worth mention that a lot of folks like to run Gengar for its fast Taunt and Will-o-Wisp, as well as Perish Trapping capabilities.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Alright I will play :)

To the OP, Sylveon's key strength is its Hidden Ability Pixelate, which adds a 30% boost and Fairy typing to Normal-Type moves. As a result, it's most powerful attacks are Hyper Beam and Hyper Voice, coming off of a +SpA Nature such as Modest or Quiet (Sylveon's Speed is pretty low already so a -Speed nature doesn't hurt it took much). Here is an example set that works equally well in Singles and Doubles:

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pixelate
    EV's: 248 HP/252 Special Attack/8 Special Defense
    Nature: Modest/Quiet
    - Hyper Voice
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hyper Beam/Quick Attack (if Quiet)/Baton Pass/Hidden Power Ground

Dazzling Gleam can actually work on Gengar if it runs an All-out Attacking or Choice set. Here's one that comes to mind:

Gengar @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast
    - Dazzling Gleam

Although it's worth mention that a lot of folks like to run Gengar for its fast Taunt and Will-o-Wisp, as well as Perish Trapping capabilities.

While it seems tempting to have Sylveon compensate for its bad Speed with Quick Attack, it's not worth it because it works off of its bad Attack. 12 Speed EVs should also be run to outspeed Tyranitar.

There's also no reason for Gengar to use Choice Scarf, as it's fast enough already. Despite its frailty, it can run a utility set as well:
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Taunt/Disable/Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb
    EVs: 28 HP/148 SAtk/80 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

or
    -Hex
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Substitute/Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    EVs: 8 HP/248 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Black Sludge

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    -Focus Blast
    -Taunt/Destiny Bond
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2020
    Greninja is cool, good to know he's hard hitting. sylveon is just cute+strong. I'ma look up their builds. so far. Greninja Sylveon Char X. And i hope to win a lot of 3 v 3 with it.
    Found this for Greninja
    Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Dark Pulse
    - Ice Beam
    - U-turn / Grass Knot / Hidden Power Fire
    Max SPA MAX SPD.

HMM Hydro Pump Dark Pulse Icebeam U turn seems Solid. i would probably go with that.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's no need to use a fully special attacking set on Greninja these days; ORAS gave Greninja a bunch of nice new moves via move tutors. Mixed set is generally better because it makes Greninja harder to wall and gives better overall coverage:

-Greninja w/Life Orb
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 44 Attack, 212 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed
    -Gunk Shot
    -Low Kick
    -Ice Beam
    -Hydro Pump/Dark Pulse/Hidden Power Fire/Grass Knot/Extrasensory

Gunk Shot is mainly for Faires, who generally give Greninja a hard time because they tend to be specially bulky. Low Kick beats down stuff like Chansey, Blissey, and Tyranitar. U-Turn has always seemed kinda useless on it to me.

Back