• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magazines!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • We have books, and we also have magazines! There are all kinds of magazines out there, from celebrity gossip, to home essentials, to health & beauty, to celebrity exclusive ones like Oprah, and obviously, sports! There is a magazine for everything. Do you read magazines? How often do you buy them? Do you subscribe to a magazine?

Years
  • I love to read magazines! Most of the magazines I have are about trains and the railroad industry. Some of the magazines I have are Classic Trains, Trains Magazine, and The Railroad Press. I end up reading the issues several times.

Whenever I'm at a bookstore and I happen to see an issue of a railroad magazine that I don't have, I'll make sure to buy it. I'm not subscribed to any of the magazines at the moment.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • There's a magazine section in my store, and I pass by it every day. I've looked countless times, but we don't carry a single writing magazine. If you want a photography magazine, it's there, but apparently no love for writing.

I used to read a lot more magazines than I do now. I'm subscribed to Game Informer at the moment, but I just mostly browse. I'll read a couple articles if they interest me.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    • Game Informer
    • Rolling Stone
    Those are the two magazines I'm currently subscribed to, considering I have a love for video games and music. I usually read them when I'm waiting for a class to start considering I have a lot of free time on my hands. Definitely recommend either of these if you have an interest in either medium, as they're both very - in lack of better words - prestigious magazines that know their stuff.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Most mainstream magazines I tend to avoid. I have major insecurity issues when it comes to body image so dwelling on what's in and on (a lot of, but not all) magazines, it's just..not a good idea for me. Meh. It seems like nowadays it's hard to not see at least see the covers unless you stop doing everyday essential tasks to survive like, for example, grocery shopping. Yeah, those things are everywhere. T-T

When I was a little younger I had a subscription to Seventeen, I liked looking at the clothes and finding beauty products and whatnot, but it's since ended and I never bothered reviving it. It was cute, though. Just not as much my style anymore. ^-^ I think a gaming magazine would be cool to have a subscription to, though!

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I got Nintendo Power when I was a kid. I'd like to get GI sometime to attempt to stay more up-to-date with gaming and whatnot but I'm not a subscriber right now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    I currently have subscriptions to
    Empire Magazine (movies)
    Gridiron Magazine (UK NFL magazine)

In the past I have had multiple subsciptions to gaming magazines back when they were worthwile and before news became avaliable online long before. And the old cheatbooks/demo disks giving you a first feel of a game now they are avaliable via digital download.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not going to lie I'll flip through a Cosmo in line or at someone's house if I see it while on their toilet. Otherwise I actually enjoy National Geographic the most and I miss our subscription to it!!!!!!

When I was a kid I ****ing loved Highlights lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to have a subscription to J-14 Magazine when I was in high school. It lasted for a year and it was literally awesome. Right now I'm waiting for my first issue of O - The Oprah Magazine to come in the mail. $15 a year ain't bad to be quite honest. I'm also going for a subscription to NASCAR Illustrated as well as People Mag, but those aren't prioritized at this time.

Years
  • These are the only magazines I like :P
    Magazines!

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I enjoy reading New Scientist from time to time. When I was in secondary school I spent much of my free one hour classes in the library going through the latest editions they had of the publication. I've read it on and off myself over the years, but for something so small + its weekly release date I get done out of pocket quicker than I'd like.

Back