• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Gray Topaz - Version 2 Ready!

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I haven't been playing this game long... just got past the first gym. One thing I've noticed is that the nidorans aren't weak against psychic moves. They're pure poison types, so psychic moves should be super-effective against them.

Wobmiar

Player/Tester/Speedrunner/Writer
    Years
  • I did it! After days of work, this is the final result ^^

695112SpeedrunPokemon3h10.jpg

Pokemon Gray Topaz successfully completed in 3 hours 10 minutes. That was very hard to achieve, because this game is the hardest I've ever played. But you know what? I enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you again for this awesome game, that was so fun :)

If you guys are interested about my route, I'll post a personnal walktrough ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Ok, I'rom Palioxis? I know I go through that desert, but I only see a way from Keres over the water to get to that desert, and there's no way to go to Dikaiosyne from that part of the desert. I'm missing totally something.m stuck... how do I get to the next town

Never mind... found the way.

Last edited:

Wobmiar

Years
  • There is a little mistake in the walkthrough. In route 650, there is a pokeball, not a potion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I'm sorry if someone already pointed this out (I read through the posts, but may have missed it), but the yellow and red pokeflutes are not working.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2020
    A few mistakes I've noticed... glitches

Trainer sends out blake (seedot)... and the writing gets small... and I can barely read it.

If you lose to the you "rival" battles... you get sent back to heal at the house. The running shoes becomes inaccessible.

It shows promise but needss a little work... and I'd like to see more animations for the moves made.

Also a small thing I've noticed... sometimes you Pokemon will disappear when fighting. No biggie. If you loose to you fellow rivals in the beginning, one of them disappear.

Wobmiar

Years
  • That's actually the best I can do with that route. I catched only Giratina, Charmander was my starter (evolved in Charmeleon then Charizard) and I took the Lapras from the old guy ;)

I might do a little guide of my run tomorrow. It might look long, but seriously, this game is not only long, it's hard as hell. I'll let you imagine skipping some exp/training to rush gyms :3 RNG litteraly everywhere. I'll talk about PP too. That was... I have no word to describe the difficulty of optimising :P More info soon.

2h47 is the best I could have done. I can't imagine doing better except if I find a big sequence break. Right now, for this game, I have a new goal... But I'll not spoil you. It'll be a little surprise :)

Last edited:

Wobmiar

Years
  • Ok, first of all, before I begin, I want to remind that I'm a french girl from Quebec. Wich means I'll not be able to write everything here correctly. If you want to correct me, ask questions about things you don't understand, or whatever caused by my bad english, don't hesitate, I perfectly understand. Ready? Time for the...

2:47 Any% Walkthrough

This is not RTA (Real Time Attack). This game is heavily balanced based on training Pokemons, and is therefore too hard to make in a single segment, unless taking 6 hours long. This is a legit segmented run, without cheat or tool.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

There it is. It's pretty resumed, but sincerely, this game is simply so hard and so specific to optimise that I can't describe everything, especially battles. You have to manage hp, pp, types, etc. All I can say is I enjoyed each bit of this amazing challenge. But that...is only the beggining. Thanks for one of the nicest fangame I've ever played.

Gotta catch 'em all

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    Okay so quite frankly I am very interested in this fangame, but I cannot get it to run for the life of me. I've tried pretty well everything from compatibility modes to trying to run it with RPG maker to doing all that fun stuff with the advanced system settings. I have spent hours trying to figure it out with no luck. I have also tried each and every download link to see if that made a difference. which it didn't seem to. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give me a quick rundown on how to properly run the game in general because I probably messed something up.

Wobmiar

Years
  • Okay so quite frankly I am very interested in this fangame, but I cannot get it to run for the life of me. I've tried pretty well everything from compatibility modes to trying to run it with RPG maker to doing all that fun stuff with the advanced system settings. I have spent hours trying to figure it out with no luck. I have also tried each and every download link to see if that made a difference. which it didn't seem to. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give me a quick rundown on how to properly run the game in general because I probably messed something up.

I don't know if I can help, but the simplest way to do is to run the application (.exe) after extracting the content in a clear folder. If the application doesn't work, try to open it with some other Windows settings (right click then solve the compatibility problems) and/or try to run it as an administrator.

If the problem is the download, and no link works for you, I could probably send you directly the game, but I don't know if I have the right to do that. Can someone tell me if it is ok to send this fangame directly by, per example, Google Drive?

vzk

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Mega link is working but must reload the page many times.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2017
    Hey first of all, great game loved it.
    One question though, after beating the elite 4 I went and picked up Genesect but I can't seem to find/obtain his drives where do I get them?

Some small bugs I encountered;
    Whenever I would use a psychic move with my Mismagius on a Pokémon weak to psychic (e.g. poison, fighting) the move wouldn't be super effective.
    You can walk up the side of the entrance of the cavern of stone and ice from the Khione side. (the bug doesn't actually do anything though you can walk to the other entrance but can't get off of the mountain)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey nice game, I am playing it and enjoying it so far.... But I am jinxed with Pokémon games.

I caught a Pikachu in Route 651 with my Chimchar and decided to train it, and the next thing that appeared... a Shiny Abra. The Super Ball spined twice, it failed, and then he used Teleport. If I had had Chimchar in battle I would have used Taunt... This is not fair, I lost a shiny Seaking in the Safari Zone in FireRed, and I met a really odd shiny Yanma in the Battle Tower of the Battle Frontier in Emerald. My partner in multi battles had it, but after the first battle it was not shiny anymore, so we can say the chance of that happening is the same as getting a wild shiny... At least I got shiny Kadabra and Meditite in Platinum and Dwebble in Y...

Anyways nice game, looking forward to the challenge you say there is! Also nice conversation with the Absol guy about Ghost-types!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Nice game !

Still, 2 problems : wish and stealth rock don't work appropriately...
    My gigalith and togepi are therefore useless to me sadly.

EDIT : well stealth rock works now but wish is weird. I got the wish after 4 turns or so. Togepi used wish and fainted. Then I brought another pokemon who got ko'ed too, then another who used 2 moves and got the wish after the second move.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    Hello, I made this account to ask a question about calm water. The guide says that you can catch Corphish on Route 657, specifically in calm water. The problem I'm encountering is that the only body of water I can find is the large lake in the middle of the route that leads back to Aisa city. However that water is moving water, evidenced by the specific Pokémon (Wingull, Wailmer, Shellos) encountered on it. So my question is, where can I find the calm water on the route? A picture of the full route would be fantastic, or at least another route where I can catch a Corphish. By the way, thank you for making such a great game!

It seems I've solved my own problem while backtracking for items. The Moving Water, and Calm Water are the same for all bodies of water across the region, not just for route 657. I was wondering why you neglected to mention the Surf Pokémon on the other routes XD.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back