• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dream Balls

Years
  • If you all remember the Dream World from the fifth generation, when that was up, there were Pokémon that you could catch with their Hidden Abilities, and when you would get them from the Entree Forest in your Black (2) or White (2) game, you would catch them in a Dream Ball, a pink ball that has the Pokémon coming out of pink smoke when it's sent out into battle. The only other place you could get these Dream Balls are from transports from the Pokémon Dream Radar. But now that the Dream World is no more, it's much harder to get specific brands of these Pokémon. Have you obtained any Pokémon in Dream Balls and then bred them in Generation VI for more?

I managed to get a female HA Eevee with Anticipation from the Dream World back in 2013, and transferred it from my White 2 version with Bank, after I bred more on that game afterward of course. And from there on I worked my way up to being able to get my hands on a 4 IV female in that same ball, and now I have a 5 IV Espeon with Magic Bounce on X and a 5 IV Sylveon on Omega Ruby, both in the Dream Ball.

How about you? If you got anything did the Dream World, would you then proceed to transfer them to Generation VI and breed more of them that come in these very rare balls? Discuss.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • As I had said to you before I prefer my Pokemon only in regular pokéballs. Nostalgia !
    But I got a Trevenant in a trade who is catched in a dream ball. I don't think it can be legal, cause only the female will pass down the ball it has been catched in.

However I got some dream world Pokemon, but not transferred yet, maybe if there is high demand for it I will consider transferring them to X and breed for those who ask.

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Lately my trade specialty has been in the Rareballs category... of course, Dream Balls are part of it! I've only got about 53... which is still alot!

As I had said to you before I prefer my Pokemon only in regular pokéballs. Nostalgia !
    But I got a Trevenant in a trade who is catched in a dream ball. I don't think it can be legal, cause only the female will pass down the ball it has been catched in.

However I got some dream world Pokemon, but not transferred yet, maybe if there is high demand for it I will consider transferring them to X and breed for those who ask.

Dream Ball Trevenant is illegal, as Trevenant is a Gen 6 Pokemon.

And yes, you totally should!

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • Lately my trade specialty has been in the Rareballs category... of course, Dream Balls are part of it! I've only got about 53... which is still alot!

Dream Ball Trevenant is illegal, as Trevenant is a Gen 6 Pokemon.

And yes, you totally should!

I did just check on my Black 2 card and I have the following females from dream world in dream ball: ( some come from black, i traded everything form that one to black 2 to make importing easier)

- Nindoran
    - Tropius
    - Natu
    - Pinser
    - Exeggcute
    - Kangaskhan
    - Tangela
    - Taillow
    - Bagon
    - Skitty
    - Slowpoke
    - Smeargle (HA is banned)
    - Vulpix
    - Poliwag
    - Carvanha
    - Riolu
    - Hoppip
    - Staravia
    - Drifloon
    - Gible
    - Axew
    - Emolga
    - Seel
    - Krabby
    - Pachirisu
    - Murkrow
    - Lileep
    - Dratini
    - Feebas
    - Abra
    - Sablye
    - Absol
    - Heracross
    - Snorlax
    - Eevee
    - Druddigon
    - Tympole
    - Growlithe
    - Gligar
    - Magikarp
    - Alomola
    - Lapras
    - Duosion
    - Cleffa
    - Snorunt (HA is banned)
    - Drilbur
    - Whismur
    - Venonat

I have quite a lot of them, I had no idea I had that much:P I think my little sister did some work because she didn't mind doing dream world back in the day, cause I thought it was kinda boring.

accursed

Dragon Breeder
    Years
  • I'm breeding some gastly in dream balls with eggs moves if anyone needs (also moon balls and love balls too)
    if you have females in dream balls or safari balls i would love to trade you. I couldnt hook my gameboy ds to the internet (i have no idea why it just wasn't compatable with my wifi) so i could never get to the dream realm place to catch them.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • if you have females in dream balls or safari balls i would love to trade you. I couldnt hook my gameboy ds to the internet (i have no idea why it just wasn't compatable with my wifi) so i could never get to the dream realm place to catch them.

Ah, the DS, they where only compatible with WPA connections (open wifi with no passwords)
    That, and the Wifi for the DS went down abaout a year ago.. and I think the Dream World went down aaround the time XY was announced anyway... )=

accursed

Dragon Breeder
    Years
  • Ah, the DS, they where only compatible with WPA connections (open wifi with no passwords)
    That, and the Wifi for the DS went down abaout a year ago.. and I think the Dream World went down aaround the time XY was announced anyway... )=

my parents told me they were having the same problem with my brothers game and they called nintendo and nintendo told them it was the type of internet we have, and that if we wanted to connect we would need a different isp, sadly there is a monopoly on internet in the sticks so we have to go with what is available to us. the 3ds has no trouble connecting though.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • It's actually WEP connections for the DS and DSL. I know, 'cause I specifically requested to my dad when we were setting up our router to make it WEP connection. Connected to the WiFi just fine.

Anyway, I honestly don't catch much in Dream Balls. They're mostly in either Pokeballs or Quick Balls. I've never even reached the Sparkling Sea back when Dream World was still up. I regret everything that I've done. :'D

Ah well, I did managed to scan through my Pokemon Black and found a Quick Ball Aerodactyl within my PC.

I did manage to obtain 36 Dream Ball Pokemon, albeit around 3 lack their HA, but that's still a lot to me nevertheless. :>

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I too had the wifi issues.. for a long while, I didn't even HAVE Wifi, it wasn't until I moved tha tI could use Wifi at all, but it was not the right one. *sigh* I did manage to get on there once or twice, and all I ever got was a Shuppet... and I didn't even use the Dream Ball. I DID manage, SOMEHOW, to get the Arceus though, in Dream BAll!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I don't like using Dream Balls because then my opponent online will know that my Pokemon has its hidden ability.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I like dream balls just because they're pink.

I have a staraptor in its dream ball, bred from the starly I got way back.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I caught 22 Pokemon from the Dream World, and I regret not catching more. And not paying attention to hidden abilities. Or gender. Or using Dream Balls to catch all of them. Dang.

The only female Dream World Pokemon I have in Dream Balls are Jynx, Medicham, Spiritomb, Geodude, Abra, Clamperl and Aron. On the plus side, I have Pokemon Dream Radar, so I have all of those Hidden Ability Dream Ball Pokemon. (Only missing Dialga and Palkia!)

I don't like using Dream Balls because then my opponent online will know that my Pokemon has its hidden ability.
    A Dream Ball Pokemon doesn't necessarily have their Hidden Ability! When breeding, the mother's ability will not be passed down 100% of the time, so you could totally use an opponent's expectation against them. :)

~Psychic

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • Not sure it was a legit pokemon but i hatched a level 1 shiny absol in a dream ball with 6 ivs and 4 moves.

Edit: I received the egg in a trade.

Years
  • I also have myself a female Gurdurr in a Dream Ball that I very well may have to transfer to my Omega Ruby game and take it from there with more breeding. And a Gyarados. And some others I remember. After how both of those two did well in a Wonderlocke I completed last month, it might be time for me to take some over.

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
  • When dream world was out I collected maybe 10 total dreamworld pokemon. Out of those 10, I went back around the time ORAS came because I noticed people collecting them, only 2 were females. I was highly disappointed and regretted not spending a little more time on it... or understanding what was going on.

Since, I started collecting them in trades and working my way up. I also went back and started collecting Apricorn pokemon as well. If you would like to see the full list or trade, the link to what I have is in my signature. What's nice about dream world traders is they share a very common goal and will typically trade a lot between each other since we are trying to complete the list. I have over 100 dream world pokemon now and would like to eventually have the full list :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • How about you? If you got anything did the Dream World, would you then proceed to transfer them to Generation VI and breed more of them that come in these very rare balls? Discuss.
    I barely have anything female caught from the Dream World. Any Dream Ball breedables I have nowadays were obtained through trades/giveaways.

When dream world was out I collected maybe 10 total dreamworld pokemon. Out of those 10, I went back around the time ORAS came because I noticed people collecting them, only 2 were females. I was highly disappointed and regretted not spending a little more time on it... or understanding what was going on.
    This is absolutely me. I didn't spend much time in the Dream World because I never imagined that we would be able to pass down the type of Poke Ball. I love seeing the HGSS pokeballs having more use. My favorites would be Love and Moon Ball. I recently bred a Friend Ball Larvitar for the Egg Swap because of the green. :D

Years
  • I missed the dream world entirely because I quit pokemon after gen v was announced. But I resume XY and ORAS, fell in love with the dream ball after I received one through WT. So far I managed to collect about a 186 HA females, only 40 left to complete my collection. :3

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm actually trying to get rid of that Dream Ball through breeding the Females for Male offspring, as I want to ditch the 'Generation V shadow'. Not that I hate Gen V, on the contrary they are part of my favorite games, I'm just sticking to the standard Pokéballs as I want everything in... standard.

Back