• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen On this day, 9 years ago...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
  • Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version was released in Japan! Hard to believe it's been 9 years since these games came out. Wow, where did that time go?

As we know, it marked the beginning of Generation IV, it was the first ever handheld Pokémon game to display 3D objects! I remember buying the Japanese Diamond Version on eBay around launch day and received it around sometime in late September (possibly 30th). I remember playing it all the way through to the end, despite not being able to read anything. What truly amazed me about it, was the return of the day/night system, which had been absent in Generation III. The day/night system would remain being used in the games in future generations, and it was great to see it return!

Anyways...

HAPPY 9TH ANNIVERSARY,
    POKÉMON DIAMOND VERSION
    AND
    POKÉMON PEARL VERSION!!!

What was your best memory of Pokémon Diamond Version or Pokémon Pearl Version upon launch day or anywhere in the game for that matter? ^^

Years
  • I didn't get the game until 2008 (English versions btw) but I did play a bit of my brother's Diamond copy before he demanded I get my own one, and I went with the opposite version which was Pearl. Got it as a birthday present that year, and while I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get the one with the version exclusives I liked better I still at least praised Sinnoh at the time for its environment and also having one of the cutest female protagonists in Pokemon to date (yes you should know who I'm talking about). I recall Sinnoh being the only region that I used all three starters in different playthroughs at some point and I may have never finished the game yet there may be a time I will if that ever happens.

Happy 9th anniversary, Diamond & Pearl! The games that brought so many modern revolution to the franchise and helped shape the games as we know them now.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Ah Diamond and Pearl. One of the best sets of games in the series, in my opinion. The region was great. The story was great. The Pokemon was great. Everything about this game was fantastic! I sincerely hope that these games are remade in the future so that future generations can appreciate the glorious region of Sinnoh.

When these games came out, Lucario became my new favorite Pokemon. I was so glad when it was featured so prominently in XY.

Years
  • Yes, Diamond and Pearl, while not as good today, were a good change for the franchise with the DS' 3D capabilities and Wi-Fi battling and trading. It was the start of what led Pokémon into a whole new style of playing. I got the games around release time, and I do still like Sinnoh for what it has now, even if there are others I like more.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Definitely very important in the history of Pokemon and some of my all time favourite games!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Dang, time flies. I did buy it on launch, but that was the Australian release (so before Europe and after America iirc). Nonetheless, that's eight years ago. I remember releasing a chapter of a fic around then as a celebration for the new gen games, haha, and then picking Piplup, catching a Shinx and all that jazz... and then getting distracted from the main story for a good while because of the Underground, haha.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My innocent eyes, please don't harm them. DX

And yeah it's difficult to imagine that DP is that old already, if you simple refer DP as Gen IV, which are the games' debut generations.

I got my Japanese Pearl in year 2006. It was a whole new experience including all those slowness. XD

Back