• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Game Of Your Dreams

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Is there a Pokemon game you've always dreamed of, or that you've been dying for GameFreak to make? A certain remake, perhaps? An open world Pokemon game? A Pokemon MMO? These are just examples, but I think all us hard-core Pokefans have a few ideas for Pokemon games that we've dreamed of at one time or another.

As for me, I'd absolutely love to have an open world, quest based Pokemon game, somewhat like Skyrim. You could join factions (good or otherwise), do quests and side quests, and maybe even buy your own house. There could be a main quest line, but it wouldn't be the main focus of the game. I'd absolutely <3 for GameFreak to make a game like this. I think such a game would make more sense on a console, rather than a handheld, but other than that it would have the same core mechanics of any other Pokemon game.

How about you? What's the Pokemon game of your dreams? :)

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • Hm... well I've made it obvious in other threads that I want a Pokemon Snap sequel/remake, but outside of that it's not so much a single dream game but a trilogy that goes together. Picture this...

Kanto meets Kalos
    Johto meets Unova
    Hoenn meets Sinnoh

It wouldn't have to be -specifically- these pairings, though I think they'd work fine together personally... but just the idea of merging all of these regions together, without risking making one massive six region game that could have some serious balancing and memory issues. If they COULD make a game where you could merge all six regions AND balance it properly? That'd honestly be pretty cool, but... in a more practical sense, I like the trilogy idea.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    When Pokémon Contests were being promoted by May and Dawn from the anime, I really wanted a game or even a series with a that battling format as well as earning ribbons, instead of badges.

Nowadays I'm nearly contented with what we got, the core games, Mystery Dungeon. :)

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • DB and pokemon crossover RPG
    Poke park with generation 1 & 2 pokemon
    An official licenced Pokemon platfomer (Pocket monster on NES is cool, make it happened Nintendo!)
    Tomogotchi (sp) like game, with pokemon

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I like the idea of a quest-based game. What I would love to see is an open-world game where you can choose what you want to do. There's a main story line, but you can decide whether you want to do gym battles, contests, musicals, Pokeathlon etc rather than sticking to the old 'get 8 badges, beat the enemy, become the champion' pattern. Think Fantasy Life. You choose what you want to do, and follow the story line at your own pace while doing quests. It would certainly have more longevity and replay-ability imo.

Fureon

Psychic
    Years
  • Is there a Pokemon game you've always dreamed of, or that you've been dying for GameFreak to make? A certain remake, perhaps? An open world Pokemon game? A Pokemon MMO? These are just examples, but I think all us hard-core Pokefans have a few ideas for Pokemon games that we've dreamed of at one time or another.

As for me, I'd absolutely love to have an open world, quest based Pokemon game, somewhat like Skyrim. You could join factions (good or otherwise), do quests and side quests, and maybe even buy your own house. There could be a main quest line, but it wouldn't be the main focus of the game. I'd absolutely <3 for GameFreak to make a game like this. I think such a game would make more sense on a console, rather than a handheld, but other than that it would have the same core mechanics of any other Pokemon game.

I'd love exactly that, but also as an MMO.
    I.e. you can play alone, but there's an option to connect to the internet and see (and hear) other players, so that you can battle, trade, or interact with them in other ways.
    Also if you connect you can experience faction wars, hideout raids, all that kind of stuff.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I picture a game that is a lot like Skyrim in terms of gameplay, such as the open world, dialogue choices, quest lines, etc. Graphically, I imagine it to be similar to how Pokkén Tournament looks since I really like those graphics.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • A game in which you can visit 4 to 5 regions, become the master trainer. In which you have to maintain your status as league champion, and have to face other challengers. In which you're able to visit a 'Island' for legendary trainers where you can fight in big arena's, do extraordinary quests and battle lot's of people you faced in previous games. Something as: Pokémon Master Collection, but in one game.

Years
  • i'm dying for a darker pokemon game, also one that's actually difficult.
    an open world pokemon game sounds cool, since it seems like it was meant to be in the first place imo.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

I'm totally with you! I would love to see something like that! Side quests, open world, factions!
    And I will love to see that being MMO!
    As Fureon said, you could play alone, but it would be an option to connect to internet, and then you could interact with other players, play along with them, battle! But there will be like many servers, for many people in different places of the world!
    You can't put all the Pokémon Fans in one server right? ;)

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I want a game where we can choose any career like Pokémon Co-ordinator, Trainer, breeder etc. t allows us to play game in different styles, Open-world game sounds cool if I add this idea to my dream game then I thought how it will look(Simple look awesome haha)

Back