• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Okay well I have a level script problem (again XD level scripts give me such headaches)

The Problem is the level script with Professor Oke Letting you pick you pokemon. Right when it starts the screen just goes black and stays black. The Other level scripts work but not this one. I tried re-pointing the offsets but no go.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Okay well I have a level script problem (again XD level scripts give me such headaches)

The Problem is the level script with Professor Oke Letting you pick you pokemon. Right when it starts the screen just goes black and stays black. The Other level scripts work but not this one. I tried re-pointing the offsets but no go.

Spoiler:
Most likely you've resized the map. In this case, in A-Map while the map you're having problems with is loaded, go to File>Map>Insert map and in the top row, select the same map bank and map number and insert it.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Yeah I thought that was the problem at first, but like I said there is an other level script before that one which dose work. But I will try it any way.

EDIT: yeah I did that and still black screen. I think it has to do more with the script then the map.

Sierraffinity

Years

Spoiler:
*headsmack* I should have known.
The bolded part should be 0x0. If you'd followed mine or Cooley's level scripting tuts, they would have told you this.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2009
Simply put, your msgbox function points to something that isn't text, and your goto function points to text. I attempted to fix your script, though I'm not really sure what it was meant to do... Fixes are in bold.

Try that, it seemed to fix the problem when I had a similar one. Also, you didn't need a second 'lock' and 'faceplayer' after your 'goto'.

EDIT: Also, make sure you have a warp on the map you are warping to. ;)

Thanks for the advice, Darthatron. Unfortunately, it didn't do the trick, but I eventually got it to work. Apparently, the script only works when it's assigned to a person event, not a green S tile script event. Something is going on with my rom, I think, because now my applymovement script stopped working (and it used to work perfectly) when it was on a green S tile and I had to assign the script to a person to get it to work again.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
ROM: FireRed
Scripted in: XSE
Script: Person
Actual script:
Spoiler:

Don't mind the offset.

Compiled:
Spoiler:
Reposting... Doesn't anyone know how to fix it? Please?
Again, the flags set themselves incorrectly for example when I give RYAN his MooMoo Milk, the script goes to the Pokemart part.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I just can't get my script to work, maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Spoiler:

What went wrong?

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2009
I just can't get my script to work, maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Spoiler:

What went wrong?

I'm still very new to scripting, so this probably won't work, but it's worth a try. What I added is in bold.

'---------------
#org 0x71C000
checkflag 0x11D6
if 0x1 call 0x871BFFC
checkflag 0x11D6
if 0x0 call 0x8873890
end

'---------------
#org 0x71BFFC
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x873890
lockall
playsong 0x12E 0x0
applymovement 0x1 0x871C050
pause 0x20
textcolor 0x01
msgbox 0x817532D 0x2 '"Oh [player], you're final..."
call 0x88738B0
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x8738B0
givepokemon 0x116 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
showpokepic 0x116 0x0A 0x03
msgbox 0x819110F 0x2 '"Here, take this POKéMON I..."
hidepokepic
fanfare 0x13E
applymovement 0x1 0x871C11A
setflag 0x11D6
release
end

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2014
Hi, I've a question.
I made a normal trainerbattlescript in pokescript but when I try to compile it, there is always the same error:

Run-time error '5:

Invalid procedure call or argument

i think it has something to do with the trainer editing but I don't get it....what do I have to change?

thanks

Sierraffinity

Years
ROM: FireRed
Scripted in: XSE
Script: Person
Actual script:
Spoiler:

Don't mind the offset.

Compiled:
Spoiler:
Try this. Once you have the script decompiled (as shown above) change the flags back and recompile it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back