• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Clan War Challenge

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2016
Pokemon Clan War Challenge

The Pokemon Clan War Challenge is my spin-off on many other popular challenges like Randomized Nuzlocke, Monotype, and many others.

Backstory:

The world around you is engulfed in war as powerful warlords vie for complete control of the region. You were born the son/daughter of the warlord of your clan. You've spent most of your childhood not in the lap of luxury but in the training grounds perfecting your skills so that you may one day bring the glory of conquest to your people. The time has come and you are now of age to venture forth and carve your name into the history books.

Rules

1. You must randomize your game to the settings shown in the below pictures.
  2. Your starter dictates your clan start (Primary typing only). If you get a squirtle from then on you may catch any water type UNLESS
  3. Your rivals starter dictates his clan affiliation. You may NEVER use a pokemon that shares a typing with your rivals starter. (Decided by Primary typing only)
  4. Defeating a gym allows you access to pokemon that share the same typing (decided by gyms primary typing) To avoid confusion an example would be: I beat brock who was randomized to ice. From then on I can use any pokemon that is part ice type.
  5. An add-on to rule 4 if a gym leader shares the same primary typing as your starting clan you chose or another gym you've defeated you may either A) Take the secondary typing of his ace (highest level pokemon) or B) A typing of your choosing if choice A cannot work.
  6. Since there are only 2 pokemon who have a primary typing of flying, flying will count as its primary typing IF the pokemon in question has flying from its base form all the way to its final evolution. Thus Pidgey would be primarily flying while Charizard and Butterfree would not.
  7. You may NOT use an HM slave as weak pokemon have no place in a warlords team. The only exception is use in story progression when, you have no main party pokemon that learns the HM in question and, the pokemon may only be used for that purpose then boxed. Typing doesn't matter in this scenario.
  8. You may NOT use the mart or center in a town where you haven't beaten the gym leader. In towns that don't have gyms use them as you see fit.
  9. Your party must have majority of your starting clan type. In the event of a tie in secondary typings primary takes precendence Example: My primary typings is rock. I have a a Golem and Onix. They will count as rock types for sake of majority and any pokemon with ground as an additional typing like Numel will not count against party majority.

Pokemon Death Clauses

Unlike a regular nuzlocke pokemon are not always dead if they faint. However if these conditions are met your pokemon die upon fainting and must be boxed in a memorial type fashion.

Spoiler:
GAME OVER

Spoiler:

Victory or DEATH!
Spoiler:

Setup
Your randomizer should have the key features shown in the pictures below.

Name:
Game:
Clan:
Rival Clan:
Starter:
Run: Single/Ultimate/Insanity*

The run option is their to let me know how often you will be doing this challenge. Single is for one run through one game. Ultimate is for those who want to do this challenge in every game. Insanity is for those who want to do each type start in every game and is for the...well the insane.
Challengers

Single
Spoiler:

Ultimate

Insanity
Spoiler:

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2016
I feel it would only be appropriate to start things off myself so here's my signup

Name: LordGrizz
Game: FireRed
Clan: Water
Rival Clan: Flying
Starter: Horsea
Run: Insanity

I feel like it would only be appropriate to do an insane run since this is my brain child. So I got a Horsea and my rival got a *drum roll* HOPPIP XD. I won the opening fight but got pp stalled until I had to struggle. Apparently Hoppip starts with synthesis...who knew. Well there's my sign-up, heres to hoping you guys enjoy this challenge.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 6, 2016
Name: Pyromancer
Game: Platinum
Clan: Steel
Rival Clan: Normal
Starter: Aron
Run: Single

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 31, 2016
Name: Banjoblub
Game: Gold
Clan: Fire
Starter: Charmander

Current progress:
Spoiler:

Try 1 Has failed, i have lost all my pokemon due to this.

Lets have a second try on fire red :D
Game: Fire red
Rival Clan: Bug
Starter: beldum

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Just a warning, there's an update to the randomizer.

Name: KoboraX
Game: Red
Clan: Hidden Leaf Village (Grass)
Rival Clan: Clan of the Mind (Psychic)
Starter: Oddish
Run: Single (I'll probably get to other games eventually, but for now, let's stick to just Red)

Hidden Leaf Log 1: Flower Power!

Spoiler:

Yes, I seriously already lost because Jynx happened and I couldn't catch anything. There are so few Grass types in Gen 1...let's try again.

Game: Red (again)
Clan: Hoshido's Ninja Squad (Poison)
Rival Clan: The Flame Tribe (Fire)
Starter: Nidoran F

This man got a freaking Charmander. GGs random number generator.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
Years
Name:HyperJono
Game: Heart Gold
Clan: Rock
Rival Clan: Grass
Starter: Geodue
The other starter Pokemon I had to choose from were Bellsprout and Hoppip

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I seriously just lost to Jynx again. 5 turns of sleep every time while it wrecks me with Pound. One more time before I just move on to Gen 2 for now.

Game: Red
Clan: Earthbender (Rock)
Rival Clan: Firebender (Fire)
Starter: Geodude

First, this man got a Charmander yet again. I swear, if I lose to Jynx again, I'm gonna scream.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Name: keishajay
Game: Soul Silver
Clan: Psychic
Rival Clan: Steel
Starter: Ralts

HyperJono

Years
Got a black out by a damn Wooper before I had even my Rival battle on my last challenge.
Rival Clan: Rock
Starter: Beldum

HyperJono

Years
Arrgh got a Black Out again on my Heart Gold again. This time it was against the Gym Leader. He was fire
Clan: Water
Starter: Poliwag

Back