• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gotten them on release day?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    How many of us here have gotten a hold of X and Y on release day, and how did we go about it?

I've pre-ordered Y version on GameStop a few weeks before its release, if I remember right. It was supposed to arrive at my door on release, but unfortunately, they weren't able to actually get that done; I assumed they had too many orders.

It wasn't a big deal in any way, though. I did have to wait a day extra to start playing and whatnot--they delivered this game the day after launch--but I'd say this had done more good to me than harm, as it helped boost my anticipation a whole lot further.

Years
  • I didn't get my copies on release day back then, but at Christmas instead. I didn't mind having to wait two more months to eventually play them, but I was certainly excited when that time came.

Years
  • I had to wait a day to get them because on release I was at my grandparents' house for a homecoming college football game. I had to cancel the reservation I had for them, and then when we came home on Sunday I remember getting back to my college dorm 20 minutes before the shuttle came, and I was able to get them then. :P

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I got it on release day. I've actually been getting the games on release day since Black/White.

Years
  • No, I got it one day earlier ;) I was checking in a store since I heard about some people getting the game earlier and I was lucky. I didn't pre-order because there is no guarantee you'll get the game in time if you want it delivered. It also isn't necessary, because I have a shopping center nearby which has 4 different stores which all sell video games so there is no chance games sell out that quickly here.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • So lucky me release day came around and there was a blizzard so i was stranded in my house thinking about all the people on PC playing the game and posting about it while i couldn't have it. So the next day came and there was more snow and i couldn't really open my door let alone get to gamestop haha so i had to wait yet another day! But i soon realized that my gamestop closes at 3 on Sundays so that was kinda not even close to getting there so monday FINALLY came and i got the game both actually and 2 copies of each so i could have 2 for challenges. That day was very happy for me and i think i played through the games during the rest of the storm haha

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I got mine 1 month after its release, so I was kinda late to jump on the bandwagon haha. For a month, everyone was like "OMG XY SPOILERS" and over here I can only go "bawl I don't have a 3DS".

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • X and Y was actually one of the only games that I bought on its release date. The other one was One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, which came out on my birthday. (What a coincidence)

The reason I bought XY this early because I was really hyped for the 3D. I really want to see how the region would look in 3D, and I thought the battling would be so cool. Loads of people were actually disappointed with XY, but me, I wasn't disappointed at all. The game had everything I expected, even things I didn't expect at all. It took me the longest to finish, as I kept playing the game again and again.

Years
  • I most certainly did. <3 Pre-ordered mine a few weeks beforehand and went into GameStop to pick up X. The line wasn't very long either, maybe about four or five people in front of me, so I nabbed it quick and ran home to play. Was insanely excited so there was no way I'd have been able to wait more than a few days after release to get a copy.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've got my Y copy since its release date. I always get my main Pokemon games on their release dates since Gen 4.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I didn't get it on the release day back then because it was nowhere to find in my city that time, but finally managed to snag Pokémon X 2 months later when I finally can afford to buy it, and man, I enjoyed it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I got X on release date and then I got Y a few months later for free on my 3DS when they were having that whole thing of 'if you have this game and register it onto your nintendo account you can download this game for free' and since I did happen to have one of the games mentioned I did.

Onikuh

Onikuh
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I got mine on release day. I was like 13 then. I woke up early as f and told my dad that we had to gtfo out our house because they were probably already sold out. I was like the first person in the store :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I preordered Y as soon as I could, and then picked it up at the midnight release at my local GameStop. It was ridiculously fun and an incredible experience.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I preordered my copies a few months prior and picked it up at midnight.
    It was the first time I'd ever gone to a midnight release and boy do you see some odd people there!

Back